ADVERTISEMENT

3 teams you would kick out of the B10?

Feb 25, 2008
Saw this question posed on another Hawkeye website, so I figured I'd bring it here.

I would say aside from the incoming Pac 12 teams who really do not belong in the B10 already, but are here because of the bastardization of the sport...........who ELSE would you kick out of the B10 if you, the Iowa fan, had the power to do so????

IMHO, I would tell Ohio State, Michigan and Purdue to get the f*** out. Or more appropriately:

go away gtfo GIF

The rest can stay, because those remaining teams losing to us is just too much fun annually to pass up on. :cool:

Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State.

Maryland because it's a lacrosse school.
Rutgers because it has a weak athletic department and it's New Jersey. Gross.
Penn State because they should have been kicked out after the whole Sandusky fiasco. The NCAA should have kicked them out as well. Let them see if they can fill their stadium against NAIA teams like Goshen College and Dordt.

Nebraska Rutgers and Maryland. Just go back to semi-original Big Ten before the invention of conference tv networks. Say what you want about Pederast U but they at least field a football team and came in as one of the few remaining independents...
I would also argue that while Penn State could've always done more to build up east coast football, outside of Notre Dame, they were probably the best team the B10 could've added at the time as far as fit for the conference.

Rutgers appears to be a popular choice but I believe Greg Schiano is slowly building a solid football program which will be capable of competing at the upper level of the B10 very soon

They are already a strong MBB program and WBB has had historical success.

Solid academics also (people tend to forget or discount the Big Ten Academic Alliance). They belong IMO.

Reactions: desihawk
First, Michigan state. Seems like they are always cheating or in trouble for something in both football and basketball. I have no idea how izzo is still coaching.

Second, Northwestern. They suck at all sports, the football field is like a high school stadium and one school from Illinois is plenty. I’ll keep Illinois over northwestern because they at least have a basketball team and bring some fiery fans.

Third could be a toss up between Maryland and Indiana. Maryland was competitive in the ACC, what the heck happened after the move. Don’t know much about the fan base as they are to far away.
Indiana always sucks in football and hasn’t done much for basketball as of late. Yet it seems like we hear about the basketball program way too much. Especially if they have a halfway decent season. For Indiana being a basketball state, they sure have shit the bed.

maryland because of these eye-hemorrhaging unis
d7772aef01fc9f46d64e54a5641b23a2--sports-uniforms-football-uniforms.jpg

rurtgers, not that I have anything against them they were just added to get the NY market and nothing else
Nebraska, go back to the big 12 because you're stinking up the big 10

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT