ADVERTISEMENT

No transparencey: I no longer give to many Haiti type relief orgs and NIL seems to be the same animal.

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
The Haiti Relief funds, other disaster relief funds have received so much in donated money. The last one I gave to was Haiti earthquake relied, just a terrible event, and then you find out that a lot of the money never goes to relief, NGOs steal the money, govts steal the money, it is just such a sick thing to watch people rip off donations for poor people.

The same kind of thing seems to be in the world of NIL, no transparency, the recent thread about Jaden Rashada and perhaps broken promises, Proctor coming then going then coming back then going again, and no one knows where the money is going. I do not trust a lot of the top football teams to run a clean ship.

If I wanted to do NIL I would rather do it with a direct payment in purchasing something that represents an athlete's name, image, or likeness.

The university just needs to start posting players' CashApp and Venmo handles. Then we can pay the players we like directly. Cut out the middlemen.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Reason #258 why I haven't given a penny to NIL.

BTW, I recommend using this website before making any more charitable donations. It's amazing how many charities with supposed good reputations put so little of your $ toward what you're contributing to.

www.charitynavigator.org
When I donate to a charity that seems to be doing something good I use websites like CharityWatch and a few others to look at the charities financials. I especially want to see 85% or more going to the needy and not a lot of wasted overhead.

A better idea is to actually engage with the charity, as well as understand the different types and purposes of charitable giving.

The Haiti Relief funds, other disaster relief funds have received so much in donated money. The last one I gave to was Haiti earthquake relied, just a terrible event, and then you find out that a lot of the money never goes to relief, NGOs steal the money, govts steal the money, it is just such a sick thing to watch people rip off donations for poor people.

The same kind of thing seems to be in the world of NIL, no transparency, the recent thread about Jaden Rashada and perhaps broken promises, Proctor coming then going then coming back then going again, and no one knows where the money is going. I do not trust a lot of the top football teams to run a clean ship.

If I wanted to do NIL I would rather do it with a direct payment in purchasing something that represents an athlete's name, image, or likeness.

Shut your f'ing mouth about Iowa NIL because you have no f'ing clue. You also must barely even be considered a fan because Brad Heinrichs is around Iowa events constantly.

Brad's gone above and beyond to be explanatory and to be accountable to the Iowa fans. He's extraordinarily easy to meet - you'll find him at a lot of the Swarm tailgates or Hawkeye huddles (and our athletic director was there at Indy sitting at his table) and he absolutely will answer your questions. He takes no salary and there's very little overhead too. Iowa sees fit to endorse Swarm as the official Iowa NIL too.

Yeah some other NIL programs are shady. They were shady before all of this legalized too. Thank your lucky stars that we have some upstanding individuals making it happen for Iowa.

• Haha
Reactions: peacehawk
Shut your f'ing mouth about Iowa NIL because you have no f'ing clue. You also must barely even be considered a fan because Brad Heinrichs is around Iowa events constantly.

Brad's gone above and beyond to be explanatory and to be accountable to the Iowa fans. He's extraordinarily easy to meet - you'll find him at a lot of the Swarm tailgates or Hawkeye huddles (and our athletic director was there at Indy sitting at his table) and he absolutely will answer your questions. He takes no salary and there's very little overhead too. Iowa sees fit to endorse Swarm as the official Iowa NIL too.

Yeah some other NIL programs are shady. They were shady before all of this legalized too. Thank your lucky stars that we have some upstanding individuals making it happen for Iowa.
some-people-are-so-touchy-get-over-it.png

074db726-9b3a-43f5-b582-0a3f19a2d6d7_text.gif

I was going to Iowa football games and cheering on the hawks probably before Heinrichs was born.

So blow it out your ass, asshole. Dont talk to me like that. NIL as it is now is a cesspool. We need transparency and controls or else we have no idea of whether the hawks are playing on a level playing field. It is hard enough for Iowa to play against Mich, OSU and Penn St when they have so much more of a population, etc

Clintons stole the Haitian Relief Fund money.

Clintons stole the Haitian Relief Fund money.
So Bill Clinton and George W. Bush both lent their names to the same Haiti Fund Raising efforts but it was only the Clintons who stoled the money. Right, that has to be it. Bush was too busy painting to steal any money.

Where is your proof that clinton stole the money? And as I said Clinton and Bush just put their name on the efforts but other people handled the money that came in and that money was probably doled out to many NGOs.

Reactions: Iron Doc
So Bill Clinton and George W. Bush both lent their names to the same Haiti Fund Raising efforts but it was only the Clintons who stoled the money. Right, that has to be it. Bush was too busy painting to steal any money.

Where is your proof that clinton stole the money? And as I said Clinton and Bush just put their name on the efforts but other people handled the money that came in and that money was probably doled out to many NGOs.
Pretty amazing a thread got this long before becoming what I assume will become a political fight.

• Haha
Reactions: bluehair666

Well read this one from the Pulitzer Center. The way this reads Clinton and Bush did not have access to funds and were part of administrative efforts to raise funds. A lot of the funds were going through financial entities like the World Bank. And it reads that a lot of funds that were promised were never sent in because the Haitian Govt did not renew the Clinton-Bush Admin Group after the first year. So believe what you want but I didnt read anything in the article you posted that said anyone had proof or knowledge that Clinton stole money.

As I've posted many times, I'm not going to call out someone as being foolish for donating to an NIL collective (Swarm or otherwise). It's their money. At the same time I don't give a sh!t about online posters questioning if someone is really a fan if they won't donate. They can f@#k right off with that noise.

Give if you want to pay college players. I haven't, nor will I ever, donate to that.

Something should be figured out to acknowledge the player's what is in reality professional status and pay them like employees with a cut from the enormous pile of media rights dollars. That's where the money should be coming from to compensate players for their services.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT