ADVERTISEMENT

30,000 square feet of broken dreams.

The cause of death will be what causes him to die. The notion that the numbers are inflated is wrong, if anything they are under reported. And Covid has not passed deaths from smoking but it's on pace. A good reason to have restrictions, like smoking, to help prevent the spread.

So we agree. Stroke it is then.

COVID is on pace if you use recent averages only. Do you think we are going to have the same numbers in 2021? Do you have any faith in the vaccine?

Serious question: why won't someone be able to start a 'mom & pop' joint after the pandemic crowd controls subside?
I thought the restaurant biz in normal times had a monstrous fail rate and people constantly trying to get into that market.
Are consumers going to shun 'mom & pop' places post pandemic?
I don't understand the 'never'. Isn't it up to us where we choose to go?

My thoughts are similar. There have already been some chains that have failed, and there will certainly be more. Some that survive will shrink, closing lower performing locations. Those big box locations often sit vacant or go way underutilized. Smaller “mom & pop” spots typically get filled much quicker when one closes.

So we agree. Stroke it is then.

COVID is on pace if you use recent averages only. Do you think we are going to have the same numbers in 2021? Do you have any faith in the vaccine?
No - but there's no vaccine for smoking. That's left to mitigation.

I used this real life scenario in another post. My Dad (80 and diabetic) had a stroke 30 days ago, They found a blood clot in his leg that caused severe swelling. He had been ignoring that for months. They also found severe ulcers in his esophagus and stomach. Ignored by my father for months, maybe longer. The ulcers were causing him to feel full and he would eat. He hasn’t eaten more than two bites in a meal since 11/26. Today we moved him to a nursing home. He’s lost his entire left side of his body. He’s lost his will to live. He’s a fraction of himself 30 days ago,

If he catches COVID in the nursing home and dies, what do you think the cause of death will be? I am willing to bet there are thousands upon thousands of similar cases across the country. I’m not denying that COVID is deadly. It is, but I’m not buying the total numbers.

Ive also posted in another thread that approximately 480,000 people die from smoking every year in the US. Strange how COVID has passed that.

Here is my real life scenario. My dad died 10 days ago; he was 89. At the beginning of the year his health was good, his mind very sharp. Early in the summer he started to decline, and it accelerated in the fall. The week before Thanksgiving he went into the hospital, where they found he had advanced lung cancer. At his age and in his condition, there was no viable treatment. He went home, had hospice come in, and lived out his final days.

He didn’t die from covid, and nobody made any remote effort to make it appear that he did.

Reactions: ghost80
Lol - you're the one that claimed Covid isn't a big deal and that other viruses kill as many or more. That's simply wrong and ignorant of the dangers of Covid.

Other viruses do kill more. You are the ignorant one.

Now do the 300,000 families in America alone missing a loved one.

Only 300,000 Americans have died this year?!!??? Oh....forgot you one track mind people only care about....one thing. Covid deaths. No other death matters anymore.

Telling yourself that something is true is not the same as that thing actually being true. There is no virus in the past century that remotely approaches the death toll from Covid.

You can't be serious. Go read up on deadly viruses. They are not new. and Covid 19 is not without precedent.

So, Fake News, but even if it is true, let's talk about something else.

#1 I never said it was fake news
#2 I didn't change the subject.

I asked if you could possibly take a more narrow view of this rather than a critical nuanced look at the issue. The answer is no. You could not.

hepatitis, mers, aids, ebola....

I'll skip the name calling because I am not a small child.
Lol - so now we're talking 3rd world countries and not the US? BTW - what are those rates for the diseases you cite? US vs worldwide.

It's not name calling, it's an observation.

Lol - so now we're talking 3rd world countries and not the US? BTW - what are those rates for the diseases you cite? US vs worldwide.

It's not name calling, it's an observation.

I'm sorry that you don't understand what we are talking about. Or when an observation ceases to be an observation. Or....anything really. Keep moving those goalposts. Can't lose that way!

I'm sorry that you don't understand what we are talking about. Or when an observation ceases to be an observation. Or....anything really. Keep moving those goalposts. Can't lose that way!
How many MERS deaths in the US last year? Or AIDS? Hepatitus? Ebola?

Idiot was too kind.

You're Q-Anon? Your claim, your responsibility to back it up. Name a virus that's killed over 350,000 Americams in less than a year and the year it occurred.

My claim!? I stated that "a multitude of viruses already kill hundreds of thousands of people every single year."

You honestly need me to cite that for you?

How many MERS deaths in the US last year? Or AIDS? Hepatitus? Ebola?

Idiot was too kind.

You are not worth my time. You have no grasp of reality or how the world works and it's frustrating you to the point that you just name call. Or "make observations". Whatever it is that you do.

That I don't know. But I do know that we've been forced down this path for better or worse. Again, with unprecedented measures that are adverse to scientific data.

My personal opinion is that this path was the incorrect path for the long term health and well being of children, individuals, families and small to mid size business (which drives our economy) for decades to come.

It seems to me that "our hospitals can't take anymore" is an invisible threat used to steer us towards a future that is significantly restructured and configured adverse to how our society has been operating (largely successfully) for a long damn time.

But hey. I could be wrong. That is for damn sure precedented.
You are definitely wrong and have been for a long time on this. If you want to look at the broader perspective the US is going to top 3 million deaths in 2020 for the first time in history. That is about 400,000 more than in 2019. The increase is due to COVID. Other categories have actually declined as a benefit of the mitigations efforts that were pursued. There is your broader perspective.

My claim!? I stated that "a multitude of viruses already kill hundreds of thousands of people every single year."

You honestly need me to cite that for you?
My apologies. You, instead, need to cite the viral outbreak whose worldwide death toll has topped 1,800,000 in less than a year. I'll wait.

Reactions: Tenacious E
My apologies. You, instead, need to cite the viral outbreak whose worldwide death toll has topped 1,800,000 in less than a year. I'll wait.

Show me where I claimed there was a viral outbreak whose worldwide death toll has topped 1,800,000 in less than a year. And then I'll cite it. I'll wait. Because I never made that claim.

Since following a conversation is hard for you without making up things that were never said to try and shift the basis of a conversation that you have no grasp of I'll say it again:

I stated that "a multitude of viruses already kill hundreds of thousands of people every single year."

Ultimately you have different concerns as it relates to this virus than I do. And that's ok.

My original post in this thread simply highlighted the captain obvious story about how power hungry government officials have systematically harmed millions of small businesses. With zero regard for their decisions. No common sense approach. (ie: little pizza joint can't serve pizza but Menards can be slam packed full).

My personal feeling is that we should have taken a more nuanced approach to covid preventative measures. That way we were not methodically destroying life for those that are still alive and will be for a long time.

Show me where I claimed there was a viral outbreak whose worldwide death toll has topped 1,800,000 in less than a year. And then I'll cite it. I'll wait. Because I never made that claim.

Since following a conversation is hard for you without making up things that were never said to try and shift the basis of a conversation that you have no grasp of I'll say it again:

I stated that "a multitude of viruses already kill hundreds of thousands of people every single year."

Ultimately you have different concerns as it relates to this virus than I do. And that's ok.

My original post in this thread simply highlighted the captain obvious story about how power hungry government officials have systematically harmed millions of small businesses. With zero regard for their decisions. No common sense approach. (ie: little pizza joint can't serve pizza but Menards can be slam packed full).

My personal feeling is that we should have taken a more nuanced approach to covid preventative measures. That way we were not methodically destroying life for those that are still alive and will be for a long time.
I'm not sure you have any idea what you arguing about any more. Or you are playing Artful Dodger. I want to know the name and year of a single virus over the past century that compares to covid either in the US (which is what this discussion concerned) or worldwide since you dodged the former request. YOU made the claim:

Other viruses do kill more. You are the ignorant one.
Name one or admit you're full of shit. You have the choice.

You are not worth my time. You have no grasp of reality or how the world works and it's frustrating you to the point that you just name call. Or "make observations". Whatever it is that you do.
Good choice. When you are thoroughly debunked it's best to quit.

Reactions: lucas80

You just couldn't shut up. Had to further prove your foolishness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT