ADVERTISEMENT

40,000 Unsold Tix for Iowa's Last 3 home games

Want to make sure I know the rules. You are saying I won't get a ticket walking down Melrose past the big ass turkey leg stand and then while on Melrose walking past the Kinnick statue drinking a can of Bud Light? Because the police officer who watched me cross the street and open a beer, made me dump the beer out, told me I was lucky he wasn't a U of I cop because they would have just wrote the ticket. So he disagrees with you. FYI 2nd beer of the day 11 am start, no interaction with fans or stumbles to draw attention to me. Have I seen hundreds with beer on that section? Yes, walking/standing and drinking in that section? Not so much, and yes the police presence is greatly reduced.

That's what I thought. I'm looking into traveling over for the Minnesota game but, honestly, if I can't walk down Melrose with a beer that will have a factor. Say what you want about that statement but I go to games not just for the game but the event. It's the whole gameday experience and tailgating and walking down Melrose with beer in one hand and a turkey leg or brat in the other is part of the deal.

It's about the entire experience for me. I don't want to deal with breaking some stupid rules.

I couldn't have said it better

Any rule or regulation that's put in place to limit my enjoyment of being there is another reason to not go. I'm not spending money on tickets, food/drink, a hotel, gas, etc to get hassled. There are a lot of other places to spend my money where I'll be treated like an adult

We are in the midst of a 6-0 season, yet there are still those grumbling how happy they are not to be there.

Melrose a dry street? You are delusional. I see hundreds of people walking down Melrose with a beer in hand before every game.

I am absolutely loving being at the games. To each their own.

GO HAWKS!!!
I love this team and I am having a great time at Kinnick as well. But my warm and fuzzy feelings for the athletic department are no longer there.

That's what I thought. I'm looking into traveling over for the Minnesota game but, honestly, if I can't walk down Melrose with a beer that will have a factor. Say what you want about that statement but I go to games not just for the game but the event. It's the whole gameday experience and tailgating and walking down Melrose with beer in one hand and a turkey leg or brat in the other is part of the deal.

It's about the entire experience for me. I don't want to deal with breaking some stupid rules.
I agree with you about the entire game day experience. That is what makes it so much fun.

Yep, they've done a lot to discourage people from attending - heightened scrutiny on tailgating, reseating the stadium based on money, the crap home schedule, etc

It took me one week of watching a home game from my couch to realize that I'm not missing anything. A lot of the former ticket buyers aren't coming back

Using that logic, you sound like the kind of guy who is just as happy using his hand as actually being with a woman. To each their own.

Reactions: mthawkeyes

Well then don't go to any Iowa games unless they play unlv or Tulane because those are about the only 2 places you can go and walk down a street with an open container legally. FYI Minnesota and basically every other big ten venue you can't walk down a street with a beer. Seriously if not having a beer when walking down melrose is deciding factor on going to an Iowa game then I'm sorry for you.

I have been to 5 of the 7 games so far this year, but was debating on going to the Maryland and Purdue game (already going to Minnesota). But the game today has me excited so I'm getting tickets for each of those games and would bet others will do the same.

Reactions: hawkcub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT