ADVERTISEMENT

#5 Louisville (21-4) has 14 points at halftime

A

anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba

Clemson (12-12) has a 31-14 lead with the second half just under way.

You know it's a crazy season when the #5 team in the country is barely into double digits after an entire half. I mean, 14 points!

Of course, Louisville will probably score 60 in the second half and win big, but still.... I hope scores like this -- and it's not the only one today -- provide some context for Hawkeye fans. Iowa has lost some crazy games, especially lately, but tomorrow--literally--is another day, and maybe it will be the beginning of a Hawkeye resurgence down the stretch, even without CJF. If Louisville can only score 14 points in a half, anything can happen, and probably will. Let's hope some good luck is headed the Hawkeyes' way, starting at noon tomorrow.

Clemson (12-12) has a 31-14 lead with the second half just under way.

You know it's a crazy season when the #5 team in the country is barely into double digits after an entire half. I mean, 14 points!

Of course, Louisville will probably score 60 in the second half and win big, but still.... I hope scores like this -- and it's not the only one today -- provide some context for Hawkeye fans. Iowa has lost some crazy games, especially lately, but tomorrow--literally--is another day, and maybe it will be the beginning of a Hawkeye resurgence down the stretch, even without CJF. If Louisville can only score 14 points in a half, anything can happen, and probably will. Let's hope some good luck is headed the Hawkeyes' way, starting at noon tomorrow.
I can't believe the loss worries most folks. Losing CJF probably does, and should imo.

This team couldn't afford to see another starter go down, imo.

Louisville scores 48 in the second half, but it's not enough to overcome that 14-point first half, so #5 goes down to 12-12 Clemson by 15. Plenty of other top 25 losers again today as well.

BTW: Georgetown beat Butler today and has now won 4 straight despite losing two starters. It happens. The Hawkeyes need to get back to showing that gritty refuse-to-lose attitude on the boards and on D. Do that, and they should be able to finish strong.

Reactions: perryhawk
ISU pounded Texas today without Halliburton, after getting woodshedded by Oklahoma. It truly is an unusual season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT