ADVERTISEMENT

5 to 7 days for covid test results

BABiscuit

HR Legend
Jul 4, 2001
I had a test on Wednesday. Was told today that results are now running 5 to 7 days out and that doesnt count the holiday. So it may take all the way to next Thursay to get the results. This does not seem ideal.

I got the test at my local health care clinic.

Also, reading their back to work criteria, it says you should wait at least 10 days from sympton onset with a positive or negative test result. So, if you get a cold, they expect you to take 10 days off work.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Friend of mine was exposed but no symptoms - they're telling him he can't get a test unless he has symptoms. SMH

I had a test on Wednesday. Was told today that results are now running 5 to 7 days out and that doesnt count the holiday. So it may take all the way to next Thursay to get the results. This does not seem ideal.

Got mine in 48 hours

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Just found out today I was working with someone that tested positive but they had no symptoms. Kicked out of work for 14 days. Debating on waiting a few days to see if I get any symptoms before going to get tested.

Reactions: Gimmered
The lab we use typically returns results within 48 to 72 hours, but FedEx to the lab is part of the wait.

We're getting the machines that can test within 15 minutes onsite, but they're not going to be delivered until August.

Good luck.

I was exposed. Got my test on Monday, PCR results Tuesday, Serology results Thursday. No symptoms, both negative. Hope this helps.

No. The hospitals have in-house labs.

Not usually CLIA approved labs unless they're huge. And only the far less reliable antigen "rapid diagnostic" test would be available in 1-3 hours, the more reliable molecular test takes several hours of actual processing to do so a day would be the min if the test was performed at the lab so no transport delays.

Not usually CLIA approved labs unless they're huge. And only the far less reliable antigen "rapid diagnostic" test would be available in 1-3 hours, the more reliable molecular test takes several hours of actual processing to do so a day would be the min if the test was performed at the lab so no transport delays.

How does the lab we overnight 10,000 test kits to them a week do it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT