ADVERTISEMENT

57?

hawkaeg80

HR MVP
Dec 28, 2014
Cedar Rapids
Who is out there that could fill the 57 spot? As of right now, there isn't really anyone in the room that could fill the position.

Who is out there that could fill the 57 spot? As of right now, there isn't really anyone in the room that could fill the position.
Rathjen(RSFR) spent some time last year injured, Renya(X2RSFR), Siebrecht(So)are the options. We don’t know what any of them can do as a full time starter yet. Let them battle it out and support who wins.

Do you think the coaches know about this issue?

sly GIF

Reactions: MilleGinja
Unless a transfer falls in our lap, I'd be happy with our '57lber providing us with 2-3 points this year at Nationals. Will easily be our weakest weight

::tongue in cheek::

well we’ll know how good of coaches TNT are based on their ability to turn an absolute no one into a national champion. (by cesspool standards, In reality the kid is probably a multi-time state placer in a competitive high school state )

in late March, I’m gonna show up here and someone will be using poor performance at this weight as proof TNT need to go.

can’t wait lol

well we’ll know how good of coaches TNT are based on their ability to turn an absolute no one into a national champion. (by cesspool standards, In reality the kid is probably a multi-time state placer in a competitive high school state )

in late March, I’m gonna show up here and someone will be using poor performance at this weight as proof TNT need to go.

can’t wait lol
My expectations are low. When someone said they'd be happy with 2-3 points from 157 at NCAAs, I sprayed Coke Zero through my nose. If Reyna qualifies for NCAAs, that's a victory this year.

How many years of eligibility do you have left?
Lol. The cut to 158 was BRUTAL under much different rules. Short of cutting a leg off, 157 AIN'T happening. Hell, I wouldn't even try for 165 at this point. Now, 174, that I could do. Only problem is the periods would need to be reduced to 1:00, :30 and :30. I would also request the right to be able to adjust my shoelaces whenever necessary and slowly walk back to the center.

Finally, I would reserve the right to be able to call stalemate at any time in any position. I promise to be fair when doing so!

Obv. I’m not a local… absent the years where there are accounting shenanigans, you guys always lead the country in attendance. Is there NIL money out there? I would have imagined one place that would happen is Iowa?

Reactions: el dub

can’t wait lol

can’t wait lol
Renya is a 4X FL state champ and super 32 champ.

As much as it would "feel good" to have a solid R12/AA type guy at 157, it doesn't bother me in slightest. Splitting hairs over guys who are going to score 0-7 pts at best are NOT where you win titles. Sure that might be the difference to put you over the edge in a super tight race between 1 and 2.. but realistically it will be your 4-5 studs who account for 90%+ of your meaningful points. Push them through to the finals and get some champs or losing in semis and taking 3-5th is the difference, not the 1 hole in the lineup. Prime example: look at every Penn State lineup that has won a team title. They have ALL had holes, some worse than our current projections at 157. No big deal, at all.

Renya is a 4X FL state champ and super 32 champ.
Reyna's got skills, no doubt. He just doesn't have better skills than anyone in the top 16, which is who he'd face in the first round at NCAAs. He has a collegiate career record of 6-4 without ever wrestling anyone in the top 20. He's 0-2 at 157. At 149 his biggest win is a TB over #24 Vince Turk, with subsequent losses to #54 and #65.

I love Rathjen and think he has a ton of potential, but he and Siebrecht (who I admire for his funkiness and determination) both appear to be smaller than Reyna, who is a already small 157-pounder.

Murin, who is better than all of these guys, scored 4 points at NCAAs at 149, the weight they were all competing at. Meanwhile, up at 157, Young scored 2.5 points. Young's disappointing NCAA performance would be a Cinderella run for any of these guys.

In short, we have a hole at 157.

Reyna's got skills, no doubt. He just doesn't have better skills than anyone in the top 16, which is who he'd face in the first round at NCAAs. He has a collegiate career record of 6-4 without ever wrestling anyone in the top 20. He's 0-2 at 157. At 149 his biggest win is a TB over #24 Vince Turk, with subsequent losses to #54 and #65.

I love Rathjen and think he has a ton of potential, but he and Siebrecht (who I admire for his funkiness and determination) both appear to be smaller than Reyna, who is a already small 157-pounder.

Murin, who is better than all of these guys, scored 4 points at NCAAs at 149, the weight they were all competing at. Meanwhile, up at 157, Young scored 2.5 points. Young's disappointing NCAA performance would be a Cinderella run for any of these guys.

In short, we have a hole at 157.
Why would you speculate on a message board Todd? Gosh!

COOOOO-BEE!!!
If he learns to not put so much damn weight on his lead leg I’d be all about him. He’s a different kinda guy than what we typically see. Not afraid to score points,and he does so in a variety of way, which is exactly what I love watching, but he gets caught flat footed way to often. He can improve that. If he does, watch out.

All that being said, I think he wins 157 this year.

If he learns to not put so much damn weight on his lead leg I’d be all about him. He’s a different kinda guy than what we typically see. Not afraid to score points,and he does so in a variety of way, which is exactly what I love watching, but he gets caught flat footed way to often. He can improve that. If he does, watch out.

I hope he wins the spot as well. Have you spoken to Tommy about the stance issue? I’m not sure it’s even been addressed in the cesspool until now…

He’s real good when his opponents are on his leg, but I don’t disagree. He’s 100% bought in, getting stronger, and very hungry. Can’t wait to watch him compete this year.

I hope he wins the spot as well. Have you spoken to Tommy about the stance issue? I’m not sure it’s even been addressed in the cesspool until now…
They know about it Dub. Watch a few of his matches and it becomes obvious. During U20/U23 you could hear his corner yelling move your feet.

Goblin mentioned that he’s a good scrambler, and he definitely is, but the more time he spends fighting off a shot the less time he spends getting to his own offense.

if he’s gonna scramble I’d rather he does it to finish off his own shot.

He’s real good when his opponents are on his leg, but I don’t disagree. He’s 100% bought in, getting stronger, and very hungry. Can’t wait to watch him compete this year.
That’s what I like to hear. It’s hard not to buy in with Tom and Terry if you love wrestling. When T and T say they are looking for kids that love the mat they’re not kidding. Cobe sounds like one of them. It’s hard to root against kids like him.

They know about it Dub. Watch a few of his matches and it becomes obvious. During U20/U23 you could hear his corner yelling move your feet.

Goblin mentioned that he’s a good scrambler, and he definitely is, but the more time he spends fighting off a shot the less time he spends getting to his own offense.

if he’s gonna scramble I’d rather he does it to finish off his own shot.
This should be it’s own thread. It’s off-season and the kid is one of my favorites..

Btw, maybe the guy who runs into Tommy in the ‘hood should bring it up with him the next time they cross paths.

Justin Case.

I think things will shake out after Midlands. One of the many things I like about him is when he puts the boots in. Those kinds of wrestlers are just terrifying on top. I talked to Mark Perry once and I asked him about the rides he put on using the boots. He said it's a hard thing to teach. You either know how to do it or not. And since there aren't many who do it the guy on bottom just doesn't know how to get out. So, in the end, I think he is going to be a hybrid of Perry and Metcalf. if he really is as talented as he looks (and the looks thing - his hair needs a name all of its own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT