ADVERTISEMENT

69% Say Vote To Confirm Justice Now

noleclone2

HR Legend
May 4, 2015

Key findings:

Majorities of voters—across the partisan and ideological spectrum—want the U.S. Senate to hold hearings and an up-or-down confirmation vote for Judge Merrick Garland, President Obama’s nominee to the Supreme Court. By a 69 percent to 27 percent margin, voters nationally overwhelmingly think the U.S. Senate should move forward with hearings and an up-or-down vote for Judge Garland.

How did that swing the 2016 election? Did the republicans get wiped out in the Senate and lose the WH? I am having trouble remembering...

I suppose the Republican President should not nominate someone to a vacancy in the SC for the first time in the history of the country, and the Republican Senate should not vote on that nomination because...reasons. I mean, they did block a Democrat President's nomination four years ago so they should obviously block a nomination coming from their own party now...we all know the democrats have never blocked republican judges (except for the years they wouldn't put any Bush judges on the Senate floor) or done anything nefarious or unbecoming in the process (cough, cough...Kavanaugh). Why did they pull that stunt with Kavanaugh again? To try to push his nomination past...gasp...an election? I am sure they would have just had an up and down vote on him if they had managed to delay things enough and were able to take the Senate in 2018 though.

It seems like it's been fairly well settled that it doesn't matter what the people want. On the list of stakeholders that it's important to please, the people are down at the very bottom.
The American people don’t vote on Supreme Court justices.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT