ADVERTISEMENT

80 looters simultaneously broke into a Nordstrom near San Francisco, police say: ‘Clearly a planned event’ in weekend filled with looting incidents

Right out of the playbook. Blame bad behavior on others and then call somebody names who doesn't agree with you. You have got to be the biggest dipshit on this board who masks his dumbass with long drawn out nonsense
Ah, so you can’t defend your claims that I am wrong, or justifying crime, or enabling, or hypocritical. You gotta cry about name-calling.

Retreat, fool. I accept your withdrawal.

Reactions: mstp1992
Just because apparently it had to be said… crime is bad.

It’s also unsurprising, and expect it to increase.

I have been saying for many years, and I’ll keep saying it: wealth/power concentration/consolidation is destabilizing. It’s also unsustainable. Unless and until we address it, well, expect more of this. And it doesn’t matter if your personal municipality is D- or R-led.

Want to talk about enablement? The stupid tribalism is a major enabler.

It’s all good, assuming this is the type of society you want, the type of society you want your kids and grandkids and great-grandkids to inherit.
Don’t disagree. I had a professor long ago say the same thing. Ultimately, the have nots always come over the wall for the haves.

I just think we can still police and punish crime, while at the same time trying to change the circumstances that contribute to this behavior. Addressing wealth inequality doesn’t mean one is pro-crime, and similarly, wanting to crack down on this behavior doesn’t mean one is ignoring the underlying contributing factors.

Ah, so you can’t defend your claims that I am wrong, or justifying crime, or enabling, or hypocritical. You gotta cry about name-calling.

Retreat, fool. I accept your withdrawal.
You are literally talking about neoliberalism, the 19th century, conlidation of power blah blah blah in relation to looting in San Francisco in 2021 and you want me to defend my position? LOL. I think I'll pass because lord knows you have nothing to do but spend all day arguing on a message board. Go get some sunlight

soon stores will have bullet proof doors that will only open when someone signs in with a cellphone app + valid credit-card.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
What do I think? I think they did it for a cheap thrill. But I'm sensing you think this is some sort "steal a loaf of bread to feed a starving family" situation.
Yes, they steal from the high end stores because that's where they keep the best thrills.

Withdraw accepted.
Ya got me! Now excuse me, I'm going back to this thing called "work". Afterwards, I'm going to meet these people called "friends" for some drinks. After that, I'm going to meet a person called a "girlfriend" to put my penis in a thing called a "vagina". I hope those words weren't too confusing for you but since you're suuuuuch a smart guy, I'm sure you can figure it out

soon stores will have bullet proof doors that will only open when someone signs in with a cellphone app + valid credit-card.
Yep, just like other 3rd world countries where most people live in abject poverty and the stores are just for the wealthy.
But clearly the problem is that there are too many criminals and not the system. Well, here. When we see that shit in other countries we ridicule how they're run. But here....it's the poor people acting badly.

You are literally talking about neoliberalism, the 19th century, conlidation of power blah blah blah in relation to looting in San Francisco in 2021 and you want me to defend my position? LOL. I think I'll pass because lord knows you have nothing to do but spend all day arguing on a message board. Go get some sunlight
Get back to work. Big important work. I realize you would rather look at a leaf here, leaf there while somehow choosing to ignore the forest. Pretty leaves.

Fact is, you can’t defend your claims because there is no defense for them. I’m not wrong. I’m not justifying anything. I’m not enabling anything. And I’m not hypocritical about anything.

Those are your claims. I invite you to defend them. Thus far…
- name-calling!
- don’t talk about historical context or macro factors!
- I have a job!
- long winded!

Okay, dipshit. I’ll go back to work, too. Thanks for a fun lunch.

Last edited:
Ya got me! Now excuse me, I'm going back to this thing called "work". Afterwards, I'm going to meet these people called "friends" for some drinks. After that, I'm going to meet a person called a "girlfriend" to put my penis in a thing called a "vagina". I hope those words weren't too confusing for you but since you're suuuuuch a smart guy, I'm sure you can figure it out
Cool. I bet they’re all wonderful people. And I bet your job is fulfilling. I realize this is your passive-aggressive way of name-calling. I spent yesterday with friends. Today my work day is light, in part because I blocked off 3 hours this morning to sit with one of them in ICU. He was sleeping so I passed the time posting. Tonight I’ll head home to my new baby and her beautiful mom, finish the massaman curry I cooked on Saturday. If the baby will let us, maybe I, too, will get some vagina time.

Are we done measuring penises now? I realize that is what you’re left with after failing on all other fronts.

I do find it funny that you framed that penis-reveal around the meanings of words, given how badly you’ve failed with “justification,” “enabling,” and “hypocritical.”

Yep, just like other 3rd world countries where most people live in abject poverty and the stores are just for the wealthy.
But clearly the problem is that there are too many criminals and not the system. Well, here. When we see that shit in other countries we ridicule how they're run. But here....it's the poor people acting badly.
i just wrote what might happen, was not trying to make any kind of political statement (in case that was your take.) that said, if this is because of the system so to say, will a basic universal income type scheme do the trick?

"Jim Dudley, a retired San Francisco Police officer who now teaches criminal justice at San Francisco State University, said the burglaries might be the result of a “perfect storm” created by corporations and policymakers in California, where many retailers have “no chase” policies regarding shoplifters and where at least $950 of merchandise must be stolen for state prosecutors to press felony charges.
The weekend’s looting and shoplifting incidents “seem to be coordinated, with tools, lookouts, vehicles for getaway and swarming tactics used by criminals with intent to plunder,” Dudley told the Chronicle.

These thefts are clearly more than $950 so the new law doesn't apply. Just cops/conservatives being cops/conservatives.
The fact of the matter is 1) there's always crime and 2) things like this will get worse as the gap between the poor and the wealthy continues to grow.
So your response is to blame conservatives and say there is always crime. Wow, with thinking like that we should be our way to utopia any day now.

So your response is to blame conservatives and say there is always crime. Wow, with thinking like that we should be our way to utopia any day now.
I'm aware that you're stupid, so let's try again. I wasn't blaming conservatives - I was pointing out that the conservatives blaming the change in the law were wrong in this case.

That statement has a lot of truth in it, but it reads as sarcasm. Not sure you're being very objective on this.
You all keep telling yourselves that it's just character flaws of the dirty masses and not a symptom of system.

I'm not being objective. People are willing to steal in broad daylight and you think it's me that's not being objective.

You all keep telling yourselves that it's just character flaws of the dirty masses and not a symptom of system.

I'm not being objective. People are willing to steal in broad daylight and you think it's me that's not being objective.

no. It’s because you and the rest of the lefties EXCUSE their behavior and aren’t willing to demand compliance with laws.

Reactions: wjr1818 and Bro D
Never mind make up meanings of words while likely still misapplying them.
thats-rich-prosperous.gif

no. It’s because you and the rest of the lefties EXCUSE their behavior and aren’t willing to demand compliance with laws.
No one has excused their behavior. We have simply predicted that we will continue to see more of it unless changes are made.

Reactions: 3boysmom

Something about people running out of a LV after stealing and trying to get into a $30K mustang leads me to believe your narrative about the downtrodden is bit disingenuous.

But yea, lets not value personal accountability, its always someone else's fault.:rolleyes:

I watched the videos from Chicago and San Francisco it appears they gonna do what they gonna do.

It’s almost like we didn’t just see looting in Chicago over the 2020 summer where those with authority to prosecute decided not to do it. A true wonder the looters are back and more organized, as well as more aggressive.

I find it humorous that some here cannot figure this simple stuff out on their own.

It’s almost like we didn’t just see looting in Chicago over the 2020 summer where those with authority to prosecute decided not to do it. A true wonder the looters are back and more organized, as well as more aggressive.

I find it humorous that some here cannot figure this simple stuff out on their own.
Look at you, leveling with Turkey. Lol at you once being one of the “reasonable” cons.

Oh, Pepp. You got lost.

Lol. You think shit like this happens because “lefties excuse their behavior and aren’t willing to demand compliance with laws?” That is idiotic. What exactly should be done to prevent this? Should there be armed guards in every department store that start open firing on people who try to pull stuff like this?

The unfortunate reality is, there is really nothing that can be done to stop an organized attack like this. As has already been mentioned, anyone that gets caught is going to be pretty phvcked here, because they are going to get charged with all of the crimes that everyone else in the group committed. Not sure what else you are looking for here. Death penalties?

Reactions: Rudolph
It's interesting that there does not seem to be a proportionate representation of races in these flash mob crimes. Strange as that is the narrative that is thrown around these days.

Is it? Explain. And then any claim you make, provide a link.

Man, you’ve created a really nice make-believe in your head about all this trans crap and what I think and believe about it.

I can’t wait to see this.
Trans crap?

Lol.

Rude-boy is making demands!

Lol. You think shit like this happens because “lefties excuse their behavior and aren’t willing to demand compliance with laws?” That is idiotic. What exactly should be done to prevent this? Should there be armed guards in every department store that start open firing on people who try to pull stuff like this?

The unfortunate reality is, there is really nothing that can be done to stop an organized attack like this. As has already been mentioned, anyone that gets caught is going to be pretty phvcked here, because they are going to get charged with all of the crimes that everyone else in the group committed. Not sure what else you are looking for here. Death penalties?
Oooh are you JUSTIFYING this stuff?! It really is fantastical that people actually believe “leftists” think this is A-okay.

Personal accountability?! JFC.

These same jerks voted for and defended Donald J. Trump.

It’s just too damn absurd to believe, sometimes. The “reality” people have to create—and then amend—to, er, justify their own ideological existence… labor of love, I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Bro D

The armed guards thing might not be as preposterous as you think, at least it would help with mass shootings too. Add in other measures like bars over windows and secure entrance/exit points and secured product displays (like how some things like razors are behind thick plastic at CVS/Walgreens).

Sure it isn't the most welcoming or convenient shopping experience and not so good in the event of an emergency like a fire, but it might be a better band-aid than accepting the loss of merchandise and risk of danger to customers and employees.

I imagine these events are still infrequent enough that it's still considered a cost of doing business, but at some point additional mitigations might be implemented if it gets worse.

ADVERTISEMENT