ADVERTISEMENT

A couple things I noticed

Dude McHawks

All-Conference
Dec 8, 2013
It feels like it has been forever since Iowa played a true road game. I don't really think the NW game is a real road game since it was on a neutral field with mostly Iowa fans there. The last time Iowa played in an opponent's stadium was all the way back to the game at Camp Randall over a month ago. Not really affecting anything, but seems like an odd distribution of road games this season.

While all the talk has been on the strength of the defense, I looked back and saw that during the fourth quarter Iowa has outscored opponents 53-27 during conference play. That's pretty good, especially with all the close games. Fourth quarter come backs against MSU and Illinois, late tiebreaking score against NW, and some key plays to lock up wins against Rutgers and Wisconsin. There were big special teams and defense points scored in there, but the much maligned offense put up some good late scores. I think it's largely due to a much better-looking and stronger O-line.

Last edited:
It feels like it has been forever since Iowa played a true road game. I don't really think the NW game is a real road game since it was on a neutral field with mostly Iowa fans there. The last time Iowa played in an opponent's stadium was all the way back to the game at Camp Randall over a month ago. Not really affecting anything, but seems like an odd distribution of road games this season.

While all the talk has been on the strength of the defense, I looked back and saw that during the fourth quarter Iowa has outscored opponents 53-27 during conference play. That's pretty good, especially with all the close games. Fourth quarter come backs against MSU and Illinois, late tiebreaking score against NW, and some key plays to lock up wins against Rutgers and Wisconsin. There were big special teams and defense points scored in there, but the much maligned offense put up some good late scores. I think it's largely due to a much better-looking and stronger O-line.
Don't forget the Minnesota shenanigans.....

Reactions: Wadzinator
The Hawks have won at ISU, Wisky and NW this year. Yes, Wrigley was Kinnick East, but still on the road, which includes a bus ride. Not a bad season at all.

How did the road game with the 3rd place B1G East go?

Successful season for Iowa, but we didn't beat anybody that wasn't mediocre.

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Road wins against bowl eligible teams...only Ohio State and Iowa have done that this year.

Also forgot to mention in my random musings...there were a lot of toenail fungus commercials during football this weekend. Sure it's a thing but I just didn't want to see that.

Carry on.

Wow, 1 game out of 11. A bad day/game. I dont think a lot of top pro teams expect to lose some games on the road or at home but they do.

Reactions: unclesammy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT