ADVERTISEMENT

Me thinks Iowa is starting a new and long dominance vs WISCO

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
I think the tides have turned during this storied rivalry and seems to go in spurts of long winning streaks … we have won 2 out of the 3 and it’s in IC this year and I am confident Iowa will win this year. Don’t get me wrong, I think Wisconsin is going to be much better this year and years to come but if we can become average on offense and keep our stellar defense par I could see a long run of victories over our nemesis for a good 2 to 3 more years. I just feel the tide has turned with these 2 teams and the Hawks defense is going to win more games then lose.

Iowa and Wisconsin seem to have a constant pendulum going back and forth every 5-7 years. This has been going on for the past 3 or so decades. Iowa dominance in the 2000s, Wisky dominance in the teens, and now we're back to Iowa who has won 3 of the past 4 games, thank Jesus. I was so tired shitting the bed against those turds every year. Ever since that fake punt (I was there at Kinnick when it happened), I have despised them with a passion.

Iowa's defense and special teams are both better than Wisky's. If we can figure out even a mediocre offense, I can see a decade of dominance.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for this! I think you're right. I hope you're right. And not only that, I really hope that Wisconsin botched this hire and it takes them years to recover. They did Paul Chryst dirty and maybe they'll suffer the same fate as Iowa basketball after letting Tom Davis go.

A lot has changed in Madison in the athletic dept. Have a friend that just resigned from it after working for 20 years. Sounds like McIntosh and Fickell are a real pain in the ass

A lot has changed in Madison in the athletic dept. Have a friend that just resigned from it after working for 20 years. Sounds like McIntosh and Fickell are a real pain in the ass
It saying fickell is a bad coach. But just not the best fit and trying to transform Wisconsin over to his style. May not be as bad as the rich rod experiment in Ann Arbor but I just don’t see it working well. Already saw badger D take a step back. Losing Jim leonhard was a big loss.

I've been skeptical of Fickell since day one.

I understand that he was an "interim coach" at Ohio State in 2011, but he was the head coach that entire year and managed to go 6-7 with all of that talent.
For reference, Ohio State went 12-1 in 2010 and 12-0 in 2012.

I don't think having success at Cincinnati trumps that, but also acknowledge that improvement with experience is a thing.

Not ready to throw dirt on fickell yet but my brother who has lived in northern Wis for 50 years says the natives are already restless with him.
He better show something this year or the pressure will mount.
They have a challenging schedule.

He better hope that Van Dyke regains his freshman mojo. He hasn’t been that great last 2 years and lost his starting job. Going to be facing lot more difficult Defenses too. They brought in Mordeci from SMU who put up huge numbers and even before injury against Iowa his numbers were far less than what he had done previous seasons.

What was the story on Leonhard? Did he leave because he was upset about not getting the HC position? Or did Fickell not want him as DC? In any case, that was a big blow to the Badgers

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
It saying fickell is a bad coach. But just not the best fit and trying to transform Wisconsin over to his style. May not be as bad as the rich rod experiment in Ann Arbor but I just don’t see it working well. Already saw badger D take a step back. Losing Jim leonhard was a big loss.
Iowa should try to get Leonhard on staff as soon as chance allows.

I think the tides have turned during this storied rivalry and seems to go in spurts of long winning streaks … we have won 2 out of the 3 and it’s in IC this year and I am confident Iowa will win this year. Don’t get me wrong, I think Wisconsin is going to be much better this year and years to come but if we can become average on offense and keep our stellar defense par I could see a long run of victories over our nemesis for a good 2 to 3 more years. I just feel the tide has turned with these 2 teams and the Hawks defense is going to win more games then lose.
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

• Love
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
We have won 3 out of 4 against wisky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT