ADVERTISEMENT

A Majority of House Republicans Vote Against Aid for Ukraine

I don't disagree.

I just wonder how deep our pockets go...
Hopefully after I’m dead. Appears we have no end of the IOUs as long as it’s something we personally want either party. Think mostly we are in a unique position because of our global standing. The USA isn’t Greece where eventually no one will lend them money.
The US isn’t Russia either where they have to feed a war machine to grow. Or China for instance that countries rather not deal with if they have a choice.

I would have also voted No

%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD-putin.gif

Most of that aid came in 2020 during a little event called Covid. Biden has spent more that Trump in first 3 years. I’m not saying Trump is much better but combined they account for 1/3 of national debt. Think about that.
Again, Republicans wouldn’t allow a pay for by raising taxes on the wealthy back to pre-Trump AND Republicans only care about spending when a Democrat is in the White House. We tell Republicans this ahead of time. What do they do? Start bitching about the debt. It’s either stupidity or hypocrisy.

How much of that was because of Covid ?
I suspect that Mr. Tyler is comingling the Trump stimulus with the later (and much larger) Biden stimulus ... and probably including some interest on the debt as well.

That number sounds like a total of a bunch of different spending things. The Democrats kind of went wild when they took over.

Remember that the Republicans had one (TARGETED) round of spending ... and as I recall, rates were holding as was the measured rate of inflation.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkMD
I suspect that Mr. Tyler is comingling the Trump stimulus with the later (and much larger) Biden stimulus ... and probably including some interest on the debt as well.

That number sounds like a total of a bunch of different spending things. The Democrats kind of went wild when they took over.

Remember that the Republicans had one (TARGETED) round of spending ... and as I recall, rates were holding as was the measured rate of inflation.
This is false. 2 of the 3 stimulus checks were under Trump and they were for more than the one under Biden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT