ADVERTISEMENT

A Powerful Hayden Fry Portrait (via Quinn Early)

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
EMNGXXmVAAAFfEs

This came from Quinn Early's tweet:

Now then...if you put the Tiger Hawk emblazoned water tower in the clouds over on the right side...this print would sell out pronto! :)

Neat image!
LOL....that's actually a really good idea because HF always wanted to get the logo on the water tower for marketing purposes

And lets face it, when you think of the Tiger Hawk, its hard not to think of HF

I don't get it man. How can you take something that neat and make a negative into it.You said it's "Tasteless" are you f%=king kidding me man!

No. I get the idea...everybody loves Hayden and the Children's Hospital (as do I), but sentiment aside, it's pretty cheesy. Elvis on black velvet-level cheesy. Imagine the crap we'd give Nebraska fans if they did something similar with Osborne.

No. I get the idea...everybody loves Hayden and the Children's Hospital (as do I), but sentiment aside, it's pretty cheesy. Elvis on black velvet-level cheesy. Imagine the crap we'd give Nebraska fans if they did something similar with Osborne.
We will agree to disagree on this one.But I try to be pretty open-minded about things.I see nothing cheezy about that.

Kind of looks like the end of days rapture..

I agree with you. I get the meaning behind it, I just don't think the execution was very good. It's bad HDR, weird coloring, drunk dude in the front, and you're taking away the meaning of waving to sick kids. Feels tacky.

I agree with you. I get the meaning behind it, I just don't think the execution was very good. It's bad HDR, weird coloring, drunk dude in the front, and you're taking away the meaning of waving to sick kids. Feels tacky.

And I would guess that Hayden would privately be appalled and being elevated to deity-like status.

Reactions: citizenHawk
Outstanding!!! I still remember an I Club event in Omaha circa 1980. I had the great fortune to meet Hayden Fry and Nile Kinnick Sr. at the same event. I will always remember shaking their hands and a few seconds of pleasantries! Two great Hawkeyes!

Let’s see you what you come up

Some very tough men also get choked up on chick flicks. And no, this makes sense as in Hayden participating in the wave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT