ADVERTISEMENT

A Purdue win tonight eliminates us from 3-seed contention

Originally posted by okayplayer76:
If Purdue wins Iowa is likely the 5 seed! Just don't see anyway Purdue or MSU loose their final game.
No. If Purdue wins, Iowa controls destiny to be a 4 seed.

Originally posted by Ronman:
I see that Izzo brought in his own personal favorite ref, Teddy Valentine, for this game.
Originally posted by Ronman:
I see that Izzo brought in his own personal favorite ref, Teddy Valentine, for this game.
saw that too; cant stand Teddy TV

I feel sorry for Purdue. Teddy Valentine will crush any hope they have of beating MSU.

Originally posted by lonewolf52:
I dont like the chances of IU beating Sparty. I say get the double bye and play Sparty on Friday.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
can we still say that we don't want Teddy V as the ref for this game?

MSU might as well put T. Val on the payroll as the assistant coach or just give him a new name, Izzo's vibrator.

Originally posted by DavenportHawk8:

Originally posted by El Simbolo:
Tiebreaker page doesn't seem clear on this. In. The 3 way tie I'd the top 2 of 3 are tied do they eliminate the third team and revert the first two to a 2-team tiebreaker? Or do they view PU and UI as tied and then skip to the next tiebreaker with just those two and the fact we beat Maryland pushes us to #3?
HOLY CRAP IM CONFUSED!!!!

I don't care I hope the hawks get the 3 seed for my own reasons, but if we get the 4 I'll be okay with it. Anytime we can get a double bye is nice!
laugh.r191677.gif
You and me both!!!

We are currently the 5; I woudl be happy with the 4 or the 3, just to keep things simple;

Originally posted by lonewolf52:
I dont like the chances of IU beating Sparty. I say get the double bye and play Sparty on Friday.
I want no part of Sparty in the BTT given out most recent experience with that. We could thoroughly outplay them and not only lose but lose a few players to injury for the NCAA.

Refs like Teddy V is what is wrong with college basketball. The B1G must send that guy packing.

Fran's call-in show he made reference to the B1G tournament game 2 years ago and how frustrated he was with the officiating. For those who don't remember it was Jizzo and his Gimp.
559835_10200663575742026_537249030_n.jpg

Hating Trice didn't work since he drain 2 3s in between 6 and 4 min mark... MSU should win and give Purdue's 6th loss.

Originally posted by denmar81:
Refs like Teddy V is what is wrong with college basketball. The B1G must send that guy packing.
its amazing how an MSU player trips but the ref assumes the opposing player tripped them and calls a foul

if in doubt, Teddy calls the game in favor of MSU

Teddy was doing the Alabama - Ole Miss game LAST night and is doing a game of significant importance tonight. That's too much.

This has been a typical TV Ted game with Michigan St. involved. Invent some calls for MSU when needed and let anything go for the opposition. Its officiating like this that hurt the conference when the tournament starts.

Roughest game I've watched all year. Izzo employing his patented "They can't call them all" philosophy that he usually reserves for games against us. The post play is unbelievable.

During second half Monday night my wife said "Iowa State games are more fun to watch then Iowa's". She's probably right for most of Iowa's B1G games, but Watching MSU and PU tonight makes it obvious to me that it's not Iowa's fault. We'd like to play a faster paced fluid game but the other big ten teams and big ten officials just won't allow it. Did announcer just give refs props for letting them play physical?

Sparty did his part. Now Hawks need to have the Hoosier Hillbillies to do its part and beat Sparty.

I, for one, am personally sickened by the thought of pulling for the Cheatin' Illini but we really really need them to beat Purdue. Let some other team get upset when it counts for a freaking change.

Skin the 'Cats..

That's not even basketball! Purdue didn't have a chance when it became obvious that MSU would be able to keep the Purdue bigs out of the lane without being called for fouls. I was amazed when one of MSU's bigs threw Haas to the floor in front of Ted Valentine, and no foul!!

This post was edited on 3/4 10:15 PM by daltonkimble

Announcers that repeatedly mention that "the refs are letting them play", like it's a good thing, just reenforce other refs to let games be played like rugby. I have not read a basketball rule book, but is there a place in there that says "let them play"? I only heard of that in "The Bad News Bears" movie.

can you say 5 seed, as MSU and Purdue both have the edge over IA, Purdue will not lose at home to Illinois,, we are looking at a 3 way tie foe 3rd now and the 5th seed, or it could be worse, IA loses to NW and O$U beats Wisconsin and IA gets the 6th seed.

MSU 12-6, Purdue 12-6 and O$U 12-6 with IA at 11-7,

boy will this board be in a major major melt down if that were to happen,

I couldn't watch the MSU - Purdue game for more than a few minutes at a time. It isn't really surprising, but the level of contact allowed by MSU on their court is astounding. No wonder Iowa's skinny boys can't beat them, when Purdue's monsters couldn't even play through the non-fouls. If there is one team that I want the Hawks to play and beat the crap out of, it is MSU.

It's amazing isn't it, how well coordinated the officials are to favor Michigan State and Wisconsin. These are two teams that always get the benefit of the calls (or in their cases...no calls) unless they happen to play each other.

Just cheer on OSU, Illini and Indiana......I am hopeful at least ONE of them comes through!

B1G basketball has gone so far toward physical play it hard to come back to normal. The refs last night were cheered on TV for allowing physical contact so that the game had some flow and wasn't stopped by fouls all the time. Well, to get it back to actual enjoyable basketball with movement on offense and REAL flow the refs have to call the fouls, and until players and coaches adjust there will be some ugly games full of fouls. But they'll eventually adjust rather than having their players fouls out all the time. The short ugly adjustment period is the price we have to pay to get a more watchable game - if the conference were to be committed I'd be willing to pay that price but I think the league is scared of the adjustment period.

So, as it stands now, go Illinois and go Indiana. Provided the simulator is correct Iowa can still get the three seed. Wiscy winning out, Michigan, Minnesota and Maryland winning (these would not be upsets). Of course this assumes Iowa beats NW. Sound right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT