ADVERTISEMENT

A wall makes sense to me....

Steve Jobs was a shitty boss. But he paid well.
Paid well and delivered results. Micromanager and produced his own reality distortion field similar to Trump. But at the end of the day he delivered a long term vision. Trump is caught up in the day to day bull shit of his image management. So very little gets accomplished.

Paid well and delivered results. Micromanager and produced his own reality distortion field similar to Trump. But at the end of the day he delivered a long term vision. Trump is caught up in the day to day bull shit of his image management. So very little gets accomplished.

I agree...but you do agree those who work on his staff can typically make 5x or more money in the private sector. You typically take those jobs as a way to serve your country, not a money play.

So in this case, if they are micromanaged, they will spilt. If micromanaged in the private sector while getting paid more than what others would pay, you typically stay.

That’s all I’m saying

I agree...but you do agree those who work on his staff can typically make 5x or more money in the private sector. You typically take those jobs as a way to serve your country, not a money play.

Son in this case, if they are micromanaged, they will spilt. If micromanaged in the private sector while getting paid more than what others would pay, you typically stay.

That’s all I’m saying
No the real talent that he could draw from don't want the headache of dealing with the chaos Trump produces. Why work on messaging when with one tweet Trump will do a 180. Often twice in one day. Working in the Trump White House is neither a resume builder nore a promotion. When a man like General Kelly say this is the worst job I've ever had. That isn't a good advertisment for recruiting top public service individuals.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
So, if what POTUS says about turning away the caravans is true, then why do we need a wall? I mean, according to him, we can keep people out with no wall

No the real talent that he could draw from don't want the headache of dealing with the chaos Trump produces. Why work on messaging when with one tweet Trump will do a 180. Often twice in one day. Working in the Trump White House is neither a resume builder nore a promotion. When a man like General Kelly say this is the worst job I've ever had. That isn't a good advertisment for recruiting top public service individuals.

Yeah, I’m agreeing with this. The folks who work for him are to accomplished and don’t need to put up with his crap.

So, if what POTUS says about turning away the caravans is true, then why do we need a wall? I mean, according to him, we can keep people out with no wall

Let’s say the 8000 get turned away.

What do you think those 8000 people are going to do in the following days and weeks after being turned away?

49938175_10218118272218259_7447086744207360_n.jpg

however; I was doing a google search trying to find info on what the folks who work on the boarder patrolling the area are saying, or asking for.

I can’t find anything other than private land owners saying they don’t want to lose their land, I saw a mayor who didn’t want to see a tacky wall in their backyard, and a few news organizations who are on the left.

I can’t for the life of me find an article or interview where the leaders of the boarder patrol agency talking about what they need.

Has anyone seen or read anything from their view point?

At least spell “border” right.

Anyway, research what EVERY HoR rep from border districts think about Trump’s end to end wall. (Spoiler: they. think it’s absurd).

One reporter with CBS News was surprised to hear an agent of the Border Patrol actually refer to the setting as a “crisis.”

During an interview with Fernando Grijalva, correspondent Mireya Villarreal was taken aback when the agent called the setting “the worst crisis I’ve ever seen.”

“You actually use that word, ‘crisis,’” Villarreal stated.

Grijalva simply responded: “Yes.”

“I’ve seen six different presidents in the time that I’ve been with the Border Patrol,” Border Patrol Agent Fernando Grijalva stated, “and this is the worst crisis that I’ve seen.”

One reporter with CBS News was surprised to hear an agent of the Border Patrol actually refer to the setting as a “crisis.”

During an interview with Fernando Grijalva, correspondent Mireya Villarreal was taken aback when the agent called the setting “the worst crisis I’ve ever seen.”

“You actually use that word, ‘crisis,’” Villarreal stated.

Grijalva simply responded: “Yes.”

“I’ve seen six different presidents in the time that I’ve been with the Border Patrol,” Border Patrol Agent Fernando Grijalva stated, “and this is the worst crisis that I’ve seen.”

Yet HROT liberals, with their extensive backgrounds in these matters, know more than the experts in the Border Patrol.

Yet HROT liberals, with their extensive backgrounds in these matters, know more than the experts in the Border Patrol.

I see that you ignored my question, so I will ask it again:

So you are all about listening to the experts, huh? What is your stance on climate change? Since the experts in that field have reached a near-unanimous consensus that climate change is real and man-made, I presume you also believe that climate change is real and man-made, and that we must take immediate steps to combat it before it is too late?

Even President Obama’s Border Patrol chief agrees with El Presidente:

“The president is right. The wall works."

"My position is not coming from political ideology. It’s coming from 30 years of governmental service.”

You fool!

The wall assists as part of an overall strategy. Yes you can find a ladder, yes you can tunnel, but it beats walking right in.

I suggest you latte sucking liberals listen to the professionals rather than your stupid ass college professors about border security.

From the video/article:
“I've seen six different presidents at the time that I've been with the Border Patrol and this is the worst crisis that I've seen," he said.”

“Despite some lapses in the wall, Grijalva believes they still work.”

"Operationally I can tell that you without a physical barrier at border patrol we have a very tough time succeeding," he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...migrants-working-without-pay-during-shutdown/

From the same article.

"Nogales Mayor Arturo Garino said adding to the border wall, which his city has had for more than 20 years, would be ineffective. "We do not need a wall in Nogales," he said. "We need technology."

"Border Patrol agents have discovered at least 230 cross-border tunnels since 1990"

"On Monday, surveillance cameras near Yuma, Arizona, captured more than 100 migrants who scaled a wall with the help of a ladder. Last week, more than 300 asylum seekers in San Luis were arrested after they burrowed under a steel barrier."

Personally, I'm not opposed to the existence of a wall, I'm opposed to paying for it.

Trump: Who is going to pay for the wall?!

Gullible people: Mexico!!!

<Flash forward to after election>

Trump: Just kidding Americans...YOU are going to pay for the wall!

The problem is, Trump doesn't want a border wall, he just wants to be able to say he fulfilled his promise. For a business guy, I would have hoped he would handle this situation like a business. He needs a business case where he outlines where he plans to build the wall, why he needs a wall there, and how much it's going to cost. Trump is handling this like a little kid. You don't ask for the money without knowing the specifics of what you want. I was hoping that Trump was going to run the government more like a business, but I see he has a dictator approach.
I agree. While I believe that more wall (than what we currently have) will not be cost beneficial, I would be more willing to consider it if there was a detailed plan for where more wall is needed, what existing walls need enhancement, the cost, the timetable for construction, etc. However, I think the reason we are not seeing this information is that it would only make it harder for Trump to justify the need for the "wall" funding.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
My gripe about the wall of s that it is not about building a wall at all. A couple of years ago, Congress passed a bill allowing the wall to be built but then Trump rejected it...because his con friends in Congress refused any type of amnesty.
This discussion is about keeping brown skinned people out of the country. It has very little to do with a barrier.

I agree. While I believe that more wall (than what we currently have) will not be cost beneficial, I would be more willing to consider it if there was a detailed plan for where more wall is needed, what existing walls need enhancement, the cost, the timetable for construction, etc. However, I think the reason we are not seeing this information is that it would only make it harder for Trump to justify the need for the "wall" funding.
Trumps arguments and attempts to sell the wall are horrible and the Nancy's counter argument is just as terrible. And then the supporters from each side just dig in there heels on yes vs no rather than having a true discussion and analysis of the situation. It is absolutely absurd.

Not to mention his twitter-verse...he tweets constantly like a 12-year-old girl. Imagine what he could accomplish if someone would confiscate his damn phone.

I see that you ignored my question, so I will ask it again:

So you are all about listening to the experts, huh? What is your stance on climate change? Since the experts in that field have reached a near-unanimous consensus that climate change is real and man-made, I presume you also believe that climate change is real and man-made, and that we must take immediate steps to combat it before it is too late?

@NorthernHawkeye you seem to have missed my question again...it’s almost as if you are intentionally ignoring it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT