ADVERTISEMENT

A year later, Florida businesses say the state's immigration law dealt a huge blow

Plantation owners bitching about the price of legal labor? Am I supposed to pity them now that they can’t hire illegals?

Isn’t that always the argument, that the government doesn’t go after demand. Yet here is Florida, going after employers with a reported result of fewer illegals wanting to be in the state.

How else do you want it done?

Crowther says if he could hire more immigrant labor, it would ultimately trickle down into more jobs for American workers.

"If I knew I could get an unlimited supply of labor, I then would start hiring estimators and salesmen over to start promoting more work. It's a domino effect."

If labor was unlimited, what would it cost?

Crowther is free to bid for all the labor out there. It isn’t unlimited, but it is millions of people he doesn’t want to have to compete for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg
I've said it a million times. If you're serious about illegal immigration, start with their employers in the United States.

I agree with some of what you are saying you do realize that many Republicans also don't want to solve the probem because it brings in cheap labor, right?
I've said from the very beginning that if we were actually serious about controlling immigration (both sides) then cracking down on employers would actually get the job done.

Anyone who doesn't want to put real teeth and enforcement into cracking down on the employers of illegal workers doesn't care about the border/immigration, they just care about using it as a political tool. If fines were substantial, then employers would clean up their industries and the revenue from fines could be used at the border.

Yep. Maybe actually start cracking down on employers using illegal immigrants. 🤔

For the record, I oppose illegal immigration and wish law enforcement would go after the employers that hire them --- cutting off demand is far more effective than trying to stem the supply.

That employer was a big Republican donor too but I’m sure that has nothing to do with why Republicans don’t go after the employers.

Ok then. What do you do to close the border? How? The wall doesn’t work. You can’t immediately deport as it is unconstitutional in many cases. What do we do? Republicans and democrats have shown no real appetite in cracking down on employers. What do we do?

I'm assuming these folks are now pleased...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT