ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Nagao in the Portal

Did Penn State get someone else recently besides Truax, Mesenbrink, Lilledahl and Nagao? Seems like there was someone else.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Iowa need to focus on the wrestlers they do get and do what is needed to make them champions. It’s the only way this changes. I don’t have an answer for how to do it but it’s what needs to happen. Until Iowa starts consistently putting out multiple National Champions, they can not consistently be on top.
Need to see more improvement from Freshman to Senior year.

Reactions: BGon4ND and Aleric1
I
Angry Parks And Recreation GIF

Is Nagao an automatic finalist? Absolutely not. The kid had a good year last year, no doubt. I’m not sure why but this doesn’t bother me much at all. Iowa wasn’t beating PSU with Nagao on board anyways.

Reactions: sdvike
Yes, unless PSU is allowed to have their JV squad compete
At this point the psu Jv squad would likely be a trophy team. The gap between them and the rest of the wrestling world is so far right now I’m not sure we can reach them with a rocket ship from freaking nasa. Not gonna lie, I don’t drink much anymore but I’ll be going to work with a flipping hang over tomorrow. This has been the off-season from hell.

My once optimistic feeling has all but been smashed to bits and run over by a road grader. I mean they got / bought a likely 8 all Americans from the transfer market, and this is to say nothing about their lineup already containing 9 top tier top ten recruits. I can’t recall a much bleaker outlook for the next 3-4 years than the one iowa wrestling is currently staring at. Penn state has changed the game.

Iowa needs to make adjustments yet again. Whatever they are doing is not working.

It's honestly laughable at this point.

Status quo not cutting it.
Yeah, the fact that a 133lber would have Spencer, Desanto, and Woods to roll around with, Iowa likely being the biggest pay day, as well as being able to wrestle in front of the biggest fan base, and he said “nah, I’m good”, this has to be an indictment on TnT’s lack of recent tournament success outside of Spencer to point to.

So I was out breaking sh*t at an alarming pace when...... I suddenly thought about something!!!! What if this was a bad joke being played on us!??!?!?!

I got even more angry about the thought of that, broke a few more things. Now I am back and trying to settle down.

Is this a bad joke? PLEASE tell me it is!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, the fact that a 133lber would have Spencer, Desanto, and Woods to roll around with, Iowa likely being the biggest pay day, as well as being able to wrestle in front of the biggest fan base, and he said “nah, I’m good”, this has to be an indictment on TnT’s lack of recent tournament success outside of Spencer to point to.

that’s a silly statement. only 1 coach in the nation has had better success.

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT