ADVERTISEMENT

Adjust CBB foul out rule to 6 fouls

like-woahh

HR Heisman
Feb 8, 2014
Zebras have way too much effect on the game. Nobody wants to watch a basketball game where a teams best players sit on the bench for 1/2 a game because of a couple cheap ones.

For 10 minutes this game it's a rugby match, which is fine.. then the next 10 if you sneeze on someone it's a foul. Just lessen the impact of ineptitude and allow us as fans to enjoy watching basketball.

Every ****ing college basketball game I have watched this year is the same.

I’ve always liked the idea of giving unlimited fouls but on the 6th foul you get the ball after the free throws

Let’s keep it at 5 and throw out the bad refs. Little Larry Scirotto, Bo Borowski, DJ Carstensen, Mike Eades, and John Higgins to name a few.

I've been on board for a change or elimination of the fouling out rule.

It's a way to GREATLY reduce the impact that incompetent refs have on games.
terrible idea

we shouldn't even play D then, just foul their worst shooter every time they get the ball. that would be insanely boring to watch. can you imagine watching a guy like happ shoot 60 FT in a game or how long that game would take?

no thanks!

So is the theory being thrown out here today that the refs wanted Minnesota to win? Well then why did they lose? I just don't buy the conspiracy theory. I do think the refs are a bit persuaded by the home crowd AND i do think they make mistakes because they are human beings. There is NO conspiracy if every team forum complains about how the refs treat their teams.

Reactions: HawkRugged17
So is the theory being thrown out here today that the refs wanted Minnesota to win? Well then why did they lose? I just don't buy the conspiracy theory. I do think the refs are a bit persuaded by the home crowd AND i do think they make mistakes because they are human beings. There is NO conspiracy if every team forum complains about how the refs treat their teams.

guess we have different definitions of "a bit"

The theory is that CBB refs suck dick across the board and due to that players sit for an entire half of the game making it less enjoyable for us to watch as fans.

My main ask is no more “points of emphasis” ever. All that does is add even more subjectivity. It’s like once something is named a point of emphasis refs screw up whatever that is even more.

No. It's 6 in the NBA because they play 20% more minutes per game than the NCAA. 6 in college is too many.

And I say this hating how the NCAA, and the B1G in particular, is reffed.

Reactions: Rudolph
No. It's 6 in the NBA because they play 20% more minutes per game than the NCAA. 6 in college is too many.

NBA ref's are at least 20% better. I'm done with NCAA Basketball officiating, they're ****ing trash and we need to adjust the game around them.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba

Yep. 5 is fine. So rare is it a problem. Today was that rare occasion where three of the five fouls were questionable ( to say the least).

My main ask is no more “points of emphasis” ever. All that does is add even more subjectivity. It’s like once something is named a point of emphasis refs screw up whatever that is even more.
There should be no such thing as a “point of emphasis.” Either something is a foul/violation or it isn’t. If it is, you call it....whether there is 19:59 left in the first half or :01 left in the game.

Just want consistency of calls on both ends of the court. You can’t call an offensive foul on a guy down low when they are both moving into the same space if there truly is the cylinder rule for the offensive player.

Add in a player is set on a screen while the defender tries to go through him or wrap his arm around said screener to pull him off the spot.

Two totally blown, terrible calls when they allowed tackle football just a few minutes prior to that.

Just want consistency of calls on both ends of the court. You can’t call an offensive foul on a guy down low when they are both moving into the same space if there truly is the cylinder rule for the offensive player.

Add in a player is set on a screen while the defender tries to go through him or wrap his arm around said screener to pull him off the spot.

Two totally blown, terrible calls when they allowed tackle football just a few minutes prior to that.
Too bad, too, because the Oturo/Garza matchup was really fun to watch.

Yeah I agree. Big ten venues are so big and with league so competitive I think they succumb to home crowd pressure

That's what Hilton "magic" really is

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT