ADVERTISEMENT

Again- Kaleb Johnson is going to be dynamite 🧨 next year and beyond

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Just watching this kid run is a definitely a treat to watch - he looked sharp last weekend after rewatching the game last night (missed it because of work this past Saturday) but he is a young buck but with so much power and his strides are just amazing… yes this is like my 5000TH post on him but I see this kid being one of the best backs since my home grown buddy Shawn Greene … he has all the tools and will only get more powerful and faster, stronger etc … I truly haven’t been more excited about an Iowa back probably since Marcus Coker and that kid from Pennsylvania who was a 4 star recruit and played 1 year then shit hit the fan.. kinda like Coker … I pray Kalebs grades are good and he’s in good spirits being at Iowa and not in the DOGHOUSE ever ..

Just watching this kid run is a definitely a treat to watch - he looked sharp last weekend after rewatching the game last night (missed it because of work this past Saturday) but he is a young buck but with so much power and his strides are just amazing… yes this is like my 5000TH post on him but I see this kid being one of the best backs since my home grown buddy Shawn Greene … he has all the tools and will only get more powerful and faster, stronger etc … I truly haven’t been more excited about an Iowa back probably since Marcus Coker and that kid from Pennsylvania who was a 4 star recruit and played 1 year then shit hit the fan.. kinda like Coker … I pray Kalebs grades are good and he’s in good spirits being at Iowa and not in the DOGHOUSE ever ..
Agreed and the only odd comp I have is Vince Young, both seem to just 'glide' down the field and it looks effortless. Imagine Kaleb behind an above average or good/great OL!

Love him. Already dam good and has a chance to be great.

I think his biggest asset might be his vision. He seems to make the right choice on all his cuts and finds some room to run.

I thought the aforementioned Shone Greene had a similar skill (in addition to many other skills). He always seem to find the right spot to make his cut - then let speed and power take over.

Somehow the coaching staff needs to figure out a way to get him in the involved in the passing game.Just get him on the field as much as possible hes too good to sit on the bench. I just watched some of his high school tape again and he ran routes in high school and he was very effective.
you expect BF to figure that out?

how long did it take to finally understand Wadley was out best option on screen and circle passes?

you expect BF to figure that out?

how long did it take to finally understand Wadley was out best option on screen and circle passes?
I get your point his high school coach figured it out. We gotta keep this guy on the field he returned kicks he did everything on the offensive side in high school.What's so hard to figure out with these offensive coaches at Iowa

I get your point his high school coach figured it out. We gotta keep this guy on the field he returned kicks he did everything on the offensive side in high school.What's so hard to figure out with these offensive coaches at Iowa
He's been out there returning kicks as well. Only thing missing is the swing pass but he may need to line up at tight end for Spencer to see him.

I think what I like most about him is that he doesn’t look like he’s moving that fast. Just makes it look smooth.

Best looking RB I can recall in several years. Overall I like how they’ve been working him in as the primary. Especially with the struggling OL, I think it’s better to ease him and make sure he doesn’t pick up bad habits, like hesitating or dancing in the backfield.

If we can get our OL at our expected level and have a change in Offensive philosophy to be elevated to current times, Ka Johnson will be a STUD.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Somehow the coaching staff needs to figure out a way to get him in the involved in the passing game.Just get him on the field as much as possible hes too good to sit on the bench. I just watched some of his high school tape again and he ran routes in high school and he was very effective.
It’s pretty tough for our genius offensive minds to figure out how to use the only playmaker they might have on offense.

I think what I like most about him is that he doesn’t look like he’s moving that fast. Just makes it look smooth.

Best looking RB I can recall in several years. Overall I like how they’ve been working him in as the primary. Especially with the struggling OL, I think it’s better to ease him and make sure he doesn’t pick up bad habits, like hesitating or dancing in the backfield.
I agree with you....I love that he's a straight ahead runner. That said, I do think if he can develop a little more quick cut ability it will elevate his game. Certainly don't want him dancing though. Keep running with power and speed north and south!

Last edited:

Extremely well said and yes he is smooth .. and it looks like it takes him a bit to turn on the jets … but he’s like a damn good back he’s following what blockers he can and that ain’t easy with this oline … kudos to him as a true freshman he’s f’ing damn good and will only get better so KF AND BF (well, maybe not BF..on next season) please keep this kid happy and out of any mishaps that seem to happen to some previous dominant backs that existed a long time ago

Hey elbow head - ya know this isn’t a spelling bee.. or do I give a living FOOK if I misspelled his damn name

images

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT