ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Gulf Shores

chalupa81

HR All-State
Apr 14, 2005
Waukee, Iowa
Thinking of getting out of crappy Iowa weather and taking the family down over Christmas. Low 60’s weather next to the beach sounds better than Iowa.

Any things to look out for, do, or stay away from?

Although you will probably choose to fly into Pensacola instead of Mobile, Florida is full. Seriously though, the weather is extremely variable. Highs could be anywhere from the 40's to the 70's, with it most likely in the low 60's.

Go to the Flora Bama lounge. Visit Fort Morgan. There's a new water park in Foley.

place_image-image-f8a0f055-5532-49d5-885d-485faa29d3f4.jpg

I love Gulf Shores.

Most of the hotels on the beach will be just fine.

Much cheaper than any other beach town.

Reactions: Tom Paris
The panhandle sounds awful in December. Why not go further south? If you are spending the money anyways, enjoy mid 70s instead of low 60s.
In all seriousness, you do take a chance with temps being that far north.

I believe global warming is making that less of a crapshoot however.

We went to PCB over Christmas last year and it was mid 70s everyday lows were upper 60s. It was honestly a little weird....humid as hell too.

All in all, was still a great time and have the same place booked to do it again this year.

S and S Seafood Market for fresh royal reds and other fish for lunch. They'll cook it up for you and then take it back to the condo. I love the Oyster Po Boy at Lulu's. I know it's touristy but I really like it. Get the Trip Advisor app and look over places to eat and see what sounds good to you. I know a lot of people like going up to Foley to Lambert's for "thrown rolls".

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Although you will probably choose to fly into Pensacola instead of Mobile, Florida is full. Seriously though, the weather is extremely variable. Highs could be anywhere from the 40's to the 70's, with it most likely in the low 60's.

Go to the Flora Bama lounge. Visit Fort Morgan. There's a new water park in Foley.

Going to hop in a transit van and do the drive with my brother and his family. Had to go in knowing it isn’t summer weather but odds are it will be better than the crappy Iowa weather that week.

S and S Seafood Market for fresh royal reds and other fish for lunch. They'll cook it up for you and then take it back to the condo. I love the Oyster Po Boy at Lulu's. I know it's touristy but I really like it. Get the Trip Advisor app and look over places to eat and see what sounds good to you. I know a lot of people like going up to Foley to Lambert's for "thrown rolls".
Lulu's has the Best Rum Runner I've ever tasted too. Their food is great.

S&S is closed for the winter. They will re-open around March 1st.

FB is blocking the embedding of posts so I altered the url with (DOT)

https://www.facebook(DOT)com/SSSeafood/posts/pfbid0GkuAT78fhNJBKPYNoDFHpZa2uDMHyq5yETtjt34RsF4aJfZgX44BTRuNAsDMmw6Wl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT