ADVERTISEMENT

And a question for Floridians: Universal Studios - Orlando

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
We are taking (somewhat) of a last minute spring trip to Orlando next month. Not unexpectedly, the Disney hotels are full. However, most of the Universal hotels have suites available. Now the last couple of times I have been to Universal was for work related and we had the park rented out and stayed over at the Grande Lakes. What are the better hotels? Hard Rock, Loew's & Cabana Bay Beach Club (I think that's right) look to be the best -- any recommendations.

Second, quality Orlando restaurants?

Muchas...

We are taking (somewhat) of a last minute spring trip to Orlando next month. Not unexpectedly, the Disney hotels are full. However, most of the Universal hotels have suites available. Now the last couple of times I have been to Universal was for work related and we had the park rented out and stayed over at the Grande Lakes. What are the better hotels? Hard Rock, Loew's & Cabana Bay Beach Club (I think that's right) look to be the best -- any recommendations.

Muchas...

You can get the express pass included at the three primary hotels: Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portofino so I would choose one of those. You also get to park at the hotel and walk (or take a boat ride) to the park. And also get a 1-hour early park entrance. The day you check-in, you can leave your luggage there if you arrive early and get the express passes which I think are worth their weight in gold. I haven't been there in about 8 years so some of this could have changed.

Muchas...
We've been twice. Stayed at Loew's and Hard Rock. Loew's was just a'ight, but Hard Rock was freaking awesome. I know @FSUTribe76 prefers Portofino.

Here's a thread on it: https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/most-exhilarating-roller-coaster.422709/page-2#post-11346748

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT