ADVERTISEMENT

All 50 U.S. license plates, ranked from best to Michigan

These came out a few years ago. California Legacy plates. Mimicking color scheme from decades ago.
Three look particularly kick ass on a black vehicle and especially with a Hawkeye based personalized plate. (Guilty as charged)

ofp857bestfront.jpg
Loved the Herbie movies as a kid.

Middle one is actually pretty good, IMO
Maybe I’m the only one that thinks this but all three were junk….however I could have lived with furthest left….instead we got the worst one…hence why I went to custom plates

Maybe I’m the only one that thinks this but all three were junk….however I could have lived with furthest left….instead we got the worst one…hence why I went to custom plates
And get rid of the county names on the bottom of the plate and go back to county codes. Just looks tacky IMHO.

This is a much better license plate for Michigan.

Original-Pure-Michigan-License-Plate-Bse-721-The.jpg

And the redesign of the Illinois plate is awful. It makes Lincoln look like a creepy pedo. Not to mention you can't see the name of the state because the font is stupid. Bring back the old plates!

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
South Carolina's plate is the GOAT for design. New Hampshire's is the GOAT for having that banging state slogan

This is a much better license plate for Michigan.

Original-Pure-Michigan-License-Plate-Bse-721-The.jpg

And the redesign of the Illinois plate is awful. It makes Lincoln look like a creepy pedo. Not to mention you can't see the name of the state because the font is stupid. Bring back the old plates!
This is an upgrade plate that costs $5 extra to purchase.

Iowa knew what they were doing by coming out with the black and white version they could charge more for around the time they are relessing the crap they have now.

on a side note, as i was driving through wisconsin last week, a vehicle passed me with Texas plates that had a tigerhawk on it and “hawkeyes” on the bottom. It had me confused and it was irritating that it looked better than Iowas “hawkeyes” plate

Iowa-license-plate.png
The Texas Hawkeye plates are great, but you only get 6 characters.

As it mentions Indiana changes it's plates every 5 years.

This one was my favorite among the standard plates honestly.

histplate_2008-11.jpg

South Dakota at #27 is a crime. Mt. Rushmore on the plate makes it a Top 10, for sure. I do have to agree with the author on the color scheme, not a fan of the beige Mt. Rushmore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT