ADVERTISEMENT

All Starters Back in 2021-22 - Kemerer Confirmed

This time 10 AAs with 4 or 5 champs.
Well Lee, Bull, Kemerer, & Eierman all have a solid chance to win a title. I don’t see a 5th. Desanto, Warner, & Cass can all take 3rd. Young is a solid AA. That leaves Murin and Assad who will most likely be in the blood round. So 4 finalist and possible 10 AA’s. The guys will just have to find a way to win those tough matches to make it happen.

I think with Kem coming back Assad should RS tho and let brands wrestle 184. Won’t need him to win a title next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: honkey69
Hawkeye fans:
giphy-1.gif

The rest of the country:
BadNarrowHeterodontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Well Lee, Bull, Kemerer, & Eierman all have a solid chance to win a title. I don’t see a 5th. Desanto, Warner, & Cass can all take 3rd. Young is a solid AA. That leaves Murin and Assad who will most likely be in the blood round. So 4 finalist and possible 10 AA’s. The guys will just have to find a way to win those tough matches to make it happen.

I think with Kem coming back Assad should RS tho and let brands wrestle 184. Won’t need him to win a title next year.
We need all the points we can get.

So happy to see Kemdawg coming back. He’s a dynamic wrestler and from an outside perspective, seems as if he’s one of the most likable teammates on the squad. He really seems to have a lot going for him on and off the mat. Whether he wrestles a “full season” or is on a shot clock of sorts I won’t take for granted however many more times we get to see him wrestle. Spencer gets a lot of credit for resurrecting an elite program and putting it back on top. Kemerer deserves a ton as well.

With some kids I would question their commitment and motivation after seemingly being back and forth on it. But Kem is a guy that will give nothing less than his best which is exactly what the team needs. Super excited about this. Go Hawks!

Reactions: ping72 and Gobblin
I love this update and I wouldn't bet against Kemmer next year. Rumor has it that PSU is going after Shane Griffiths, which makes sense. I want to be the first to go on record and say that even if PSU signs Griffiths, I still think we're the favorites. Griffiths is a tough wrestler, but I still like our guy at that weight and our team overall in all 10 weights. It would close the gap--to be certain, if they plug him in for Joe Lee, but I still think we have the better team. Without an infusion of someone in that line-up I don't think it's as close as it was this year. The bank will be wide open for this chase and I would expect PSU to land him. It's going to be one hell of a dual!

I love this update and I wouldn't bet against Kemmer next year. Rumor has it that PSU is going after Shane Griffiths, which makes sense. I want to be the first to go on record and say that even if PSU signs Griffiths, I still think we're the favorites. Griffiths is a tough wrestler, but I still like our guy at that weight and our team overall in all 10 weights. It would close the gap--to be certain, if they plug him in for Joe Lee, but I still think we have the better team. Without an infusion of someone in that line-up I don't think it's as close as it was this year. The bank will be wide open for this chase and I would expect PSU to land him. It's going to be one hell of a dual!
Rumor on Flo yesterday was the Griffith is down to Michigan and North Carolina.

Rumor on Flo yesterday was the Griffith is down to Michigan and North Carolina.

Coming from Stanford, it’s no surprise that he’s looking at top academic schools.

Virginia is probably the only other public university wrestling program that can hang with those two academically.

There are obviously some privates, like the Ivy League schools... but do I remember correctly that they have weird transfer rules?

Reactions: FrontHeadlock2

Any chance Griffith stays if the program remains?

Edit: paywall... but the alumni group is apparently meeting with university President, which is at least something.
It’s not a good look for a school like Stanford to drop athletic programs. Not only have alumni demonstrated a willingness to bank roll the program but did you see the interview with Griffith after he won NCAA’s? Schools want people like him.

IMO if Stanford doesn’t reinstate wrestling at this point a lot of people are going to start taking a much closer look at their endowment and asking tough questions; I doubt the admin want that kind of attention. It’s already pretty obnoxious how much money Stanford has tucked away. BTW it’s 26.4 BBBBBillion, the fourth largest of any college/university.

It’s not a good look for a school like Stanford to drop athletic programs. Not only have alumni demonstrated a willingness to bank roll the program but did you see the interview with Griffith after he won NCAA’s? Schools want people like him.

IMO if Stanford doesn’t reinstate wrestling at this point a lot of people are going to start taking a much closer look at their endowment and asking tough questions; I doubt the admin want that kind of attention. It’s already pretty obnoxious how much money Stanford has tucked away. BTW it’s 26.4 BBBBBillion, the fourth largest of any college/university.
That $26 BILLION could disappear overnight though, then what would those poor Stanford kids do then? LOL! (yes, it's sarcasm for the dim bulbs)

Reactions: bluroptimo
Yeah...entire NCAA Championship Team back...hopefully a nice transfer at 149 to put it over the top.

Bull adds more points next year too!!! What happened this year will not repeat!!!

Coming from Stanford, it’s no surprise that he’s looking at top academic schools.

Virginia is probably the only other public university wrestling program that can hang with those two academically.

There are obviously some privates, like the Ivy League schools... but do I remember correctly that they have weird transfer rules?
They have weird rules of all kinds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT