ADVERTISEMENT

All these big sports contracts (possible get off my lawn thread)

Nba needs to refund some percentage of the ticket price based on what percentage of their payroll plays.

I would be pissed if I spent money for an nba game only to find out load management is happening and players x,y, and z are not playing.

Nba needs to refund some percentage of the ticket price based on what percentage of their payroll plays.

I would be pissed if I spent money for an nba game only to find out load management is happening and players x,y, and z are not playing.

Idk if the nba is as bad as mlb or nfl preseason/spring training, but it sure would be nice to not pay close to full price for exhibition games.

Parents have been going to cubs spring training games for years now. This past year they only got to one at the cubs park because they’re only getting more expensive.

Unless it’s a woman’s sport then they need equal pay whether anyone comes to watch or not…

This turns into a circular argument. Do womens sports not get the same coverage because people don’t go, or do people not go because they’re aren’t covered the same?

Last night the USWNT played Canada in concacaf championship. Winner gets auto berth in ‘24 Olympics. Game was on paramount+.

Guaranteed a USMNT with similar stakes isn’t on streaming only.

I enjoy watching the women play. Though we have decided we are going to be Sporting KC fans with my daughter living in KC. We’re going to a game there in a couple weeks.
Sit in the Cauldron if you want to be with the diehard and rowdies. It’s a blast. Probably will want a beer or three before going though just to get in the atmosphere.

Once I got interested in college sports my interest in pro sports started to wane a bit. I would attend a Cub game now and again when my kids were younger, but no more since the change in ownership, although I did appreciate the WS win finally. Most pro sports have priced a lot of working class families out of their market. I still watch on occasion but I’m far more a fan of college sports and I don’t see that changing.

IDK maybe it's just me but I just accepted long ago that my fandom was a TV only or nearly TV only sort of deal.

I've seen the Hawkeyes play football twice in person. I saw the Chicago Fire play once a long time ago (the late 90's) in person. And that's about it.

I enjoy watching the women play.
main-qimg-a7727df265ee99ba8622d48c3c7e88cf

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT