ADVERTISEMENT

All ya need is faith and trust .... oh and a little pixie dust!

HawkCharlotte

HR MVP
Jul 17, 2005
... have your weekly Tuesday press conference and say you believe! say, "I know we're better than this weekend!" "We had a meeting!" "The QB said some stuff after the game!"

someone else also said something similar.

"All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust. Come on everyone, we are off to Neverland!"
-Peter Pan

Even Torbee's analysis was telling. It was one of the most bizarre articles I've ever read. He doesn't watch the game. Writes a column with virtually no facts or analysis. Just a rambling piece of hope-ium. Exhibit A; "I am not advocating for fans to accept that as Iowa’s fate going forward forever. I do recommend accepting that this is the current situation and to apply patience and optimism that the coaching staff is working to close that gap."

This staff can't close the gap. Pixie dust isn't real and neither is the hope Ferentz and co. can turn it around. The answers today were f***ing ridiculous.
Peter Pan Disney GIF
peter pan friends GIF

Some still believe because we have seen KF &Co. turn around seasons from debacles like PSU in the past....as recently as last year.
Some fans wrote Iowa off last year after a shellaquing by OSU.
Iowa reeled off 4 straight wins to position themselves to take the West . Alas, an injury to Cooper and turnovers cost us in a close loss to Neb.
Can we bounce back this year and find ourselves in a similar position going into Blaçk Friday again this year?
That's why they play the games.
Enjoy the season.

... have your weekly Tuesday press conference and say you believe! say, "I know we're better than this weekend!" "We had a meeting!" "The QB said some stuff after the game!"

someone else also said something similar.

"All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust. Come on everyone, we are off to Neverland!"
-Peter Pan

Even Torbee's analysis was telling. It was one of the most bizarre articles I've ever read. He doesn't watch the game. Writes a column with virtually no facts or analysis. Just a rambling piece of hope-ium. Exhibit A; "I am not advocating for fans to accept that as Iowa’s fate going forward forever. I do recommend accepting that this is the current situation and to apply patience and optimism that the coaching staff is working to close that gap."

This staff can't close the gap. Pixie dust isn't real and neither is the hope Ferentz and co. can turn it around. The answers today were f***ing ridiculous.
Peter Pan Disney GIF
peter pan friends GIF
Iowa football has become as illogical and insane as religious fundamentalism. There are still plenty of fans who worship in the Church of Kirk. Their favorite scriptures include verses like: “Punting is winning,” The Book of Tory 4:10; “What’s the upside?”, the Gospel according to Saint Brian 25:25; and “Getting wide receivers involved might make some sense moving forward,” the Sexy Song of Ferentz 25:25.

• Haha
Reactions: JLDHAWK and QChawks
Some still believe because we have seen KF &Co. turn around seasons from debacles like PSU in the past....as recently as last year.
Some fans wrote Iowa off last year after a shellaquing by OSU.
Iowa reeled off 4 straight wins to position themselves to take the West . Alas, an injury to Cooper and turnovers cost us in a close loss to Neb.
Can we bounce back this year and find ourselves in a similar position going into Blaçk Friday again this year?
That's why they play the games.
Enjoy the season.
Let's be honest.

We threw that Nebraska game to avoid having our offense get embarrassed again in the BTCG.

They'll find a few games to throw the rest of the way as well so that Wisconsin can get their feel-good West title and token appearance/ass beating in the 2023 BTCG.

Kirk wants nothing to do with the top teams if it means Brian getting embarrassed again on the biggest stage.

#facts

And yes, it's either that or we play to our talent and go 11-1, and as one of the weakest 11-1 teams to ever grace the sport of college football, take the final bullet for the West division in the BTCG.

Because truth be told, we really shouldn't lose another game in the regular season, and that includes at Wisconsin.

It all comes down to whether this team/staff really wants to be in Indy come December or not................................or if Kirk gets lucky and we get 8 more key players to go down with injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT