ADVERTISEMENT

Almost 2,000 children die every day from air pollution

Let’s face it, we are all going to have to scale back our lifestyles, collectively, to make a dent in these types of wide scale issues. Who, among us, is willing to take the first steps and go back to an extremely minimalist lifestyle, forgoing daily activities and live off the land as much as possible?

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Let’s face it, we are all going to have to scale back our lifestyles, collectively, to make a dent in these types of wide scale issues. Who, among us, is willing to take the first steps and go back to an extremely minimalist lifestyle, forgoing daily activities and live off the land as much as possible?

That would mean burning wood for cooking and heating.

So you're going to ignore what I actually said and make up what you want me to mean so you can dismiss what I actually said.

How modern of you.
I know what you said.
Just curious. Do you have a link that shows the adverse health effects caused by gravel road dust and burning of leaves contributing to the poor air quality in the state of Iowa?
There is a lot about dust, road dust and roads in NZ. Iowa gravel roads? No, but should be. Drive I 80 now and it is a health issue. On the positive, we didn't have to lime farm fields with a gravel road beside it.

You just love finding excuses to not take actions. Hypocrisy. Tire dust.

Just let the market continue to work. Amirite?
It's not an excuse when the solution is worse than the problem. Open your eyes.

Let me know when you give up your car, and any other travel than a bicycle. Even that bicycle will have rubber tires and every part manufactured using electricity, and likely natural gas. Oh, let's not forget any food that hasn't involved production or transportation by an ICE powered machine. Or clothes not produced by a hand loom. Or water not using anything but artesian well or well with a hand pump.

Last edited:
Try a typical day in the desert…not uncommon to be able to see one of the mountain ranges that surrounds the valley I live in
I get that. And deserts are dusty. Breathing limestone and silica not naturally put in the air isnt good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT