ADVERTISEMENT

Alternative Uni watch

Did they show them? Judging by their reaction or lack thereof they are still waiting to see something. Apparently underwhelming if they did show them.

FYI, FWIW: When the great Frank Lauterbur was hired to "coach" the Hawkeyes, he brilliantly put Iowa in an "alternate" all black uni that included a thin gold stripe on the pants that looked red in the sunlight. Wearing the all black unis, the Hawkeyes roared to an 0-11 season in 1973. So yah, an all black Iowa uni, although not unprecedented, might be appropriate.

And yah, the team seems amazingly underwhelmed with whatever they're seeing...with a few exceptions.

I always love when people out there that think we should just stick with the same jersey every game, year after year. If you can't see how these kids love this idea, and how it helps sell your program then you are stuck in the old mindset of doing things. This is what sells these days and there is a big reason Oregon, Ohio St, Michigan State, Baylor, etc. etc. do this year after year. Hopefully Iowa continues to do this once or twice a year.

Reactions: crHawkeye92
Not sure what you are expecting, they look excited to me. I don't expect them to look like they just won the lottery, they are just uniforms

Good for us. Looking forward to our program's gradual change.

There's another video coming out on Friday showing the teams reactions and showing the jerseys...

I bet it's an all black uni.
I've seen the video twice, and can only conclude that they've not yet seen the uniform in this video. I believe they're looking at women dancing on poles, or something of that ilk as part of the intro. Some players aren't real sure they should be watching, while others are clearly up for seeing some ladies shake it!

fifth-harmony-bb3-2015-billboard-03-650.jpg
It was 5th Harmony doing the Whip Nay Nay...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT