ADVERTISEMENT

Am I safe to book a ticket to Indy? (serious)

reedsposer22

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2013
Say we drop games to Nebbie and minnie....we still advance correct? thinking of purchasing plane ticket this week if this is the scenario. thanks

No....I would say it would be close to a done deal IF Nebraska and Wisky lose one more each. I am looking past no games. There are plenty of ways both Wisky/Nebraska can still win the west.

1 game up on Wisconsin, 2 games up on NW, own a tiebreaker on each. Minnesota losing to Nebraska helps even more. Still 5 games to play, but we'd have to drop at least 2, and in the next 5 it doesn't seem likely. Take your chances, but I'd say at least 70% chance.

1 game up on Wisconsin, 2 games up on NW, own a tiebreaker on each. Minnesota losing to Nebraska helps even more. Still 5 games to play, but we'd have to drop at least 2, and in the next 5 it doesn't seem likely. Take your chances, but I'd say at least 70% chance.

Is it overall record or only B1G record that matters?

B1G record, then if two teams are tied head to head is the tie breaker. If a multiple teams are tied there are seven steps. I believe 1. head to head record among the tied 2. overall record vs division 3. overall record vs common conference opponents and so on until it's broke. There is also a clause to the effect that if at any time one team is bumped out it then reverts back to head to head between the two.

I'm just going to drive to Indy if we make it. So, I guess as long as I still have possession of my vehicle, I'm going if we go. No "ticket" necessary.

I'm taking the train. Standing on the rear platform and drinking a bottle of gin. Going to the championship game would be a big deal for me.

I'm just going to drive to Indy if we make it. So, I guess as long as I still have possession of my vehicle, I'm going if we go. No "ticket" necessary.
Are you not paying your loans? If not, you may want to factor in that probability.

If we don't lose two more games, we're a lock. If Wisconsin loses 1 more game, we could still lose two more games and still go to Indy, (unless Nebraska happens to win out, which is unlikely, since they play MSU). I'd say we have at least a 60% chance of making it. That's a pure guess but it's definitely not a lock.

Wiscy remaining schedule:
at Illinois
vs Rutgers
at Maryland
vs Northwestern
at Minnesota

Best chance at a loss may be at Illinois, unless Northwestern can get back on track. I would guess they will win out. We can lose 1 game but not two.

If you were betting Iowa vs. the field at this point, Iowa would probably be the smart bet. But until Wisconsin and Nebraska lose one more game, a lot of stuff can happen.

About the only thing the announcer said today that I agree with, you probably don't want to buy tickets, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to start pricing hotels either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT