ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one who doesn't find the show Archer that funny?

Wahawk56

HR Legend
Aug 31, 2004
For some reason, I've seen every episode and have it on my dvr, but I just don't find it all that funny.

Is every episode hilarious? No.....the first couple seasons were awesome, last year sucked.......much better this year. I record every season.....rarely disappointed.

If you don't like it then why have you watched every episode? If I don't like a show after a couple episodes I move on to one I do like.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by TJ8869:
If you don't like it then why have you watched every episode? If I don't like a show after a couple episodes I move on to one I do like.
Speaking of moving on, I just told my DVR to stop recording Last Man on Earth. Not bad, but always left me feeling unsatisfied. Yes, I'm shallow enough that I want my lead characters to be a little better behaved and a little better looking. Maybe if January Jones was there from the beginning....

I'm also on the verge of pulling the plug on Battle Creek. I think they need to take themselves more seriously as a drama - rather than being a one trick pony. There were hints that they might be doing that, so I'll give them another episode.

Outside of Family Guy/AQUA Teen in its early years and the Simpsons when I was younger, I just can't get into animated TV shows regardless of the humor.

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:
Speaking of moving on, I just told my DVR to stop recording Last Man on Earth. Not bad, but always left me feeling unsatisfied. Yes, I'm shallow enough that I want my lead characters to be a little better behaved and a little better looking. Maybe if January Jones was there from the beginning....

I'm also on the verge of pulling the plug on Battle Creek. I think they need to take themselves more seriously as a drama - rather than being a one trick pony. There were hints that they might be doing that, so I'll give them another episode.
IDK why I've seen every episode. I guess just hoping I kept hoping it get better and by season 3 I just decided to go all in and see it through.
WWJD, I don't think it Last man on earth would have been that good if the main characters were good looking. I think the part that he got stuck with that ugly chick is what makes it more interesting. If this guy literally had everything in the world including a smokin hot wife, it would be really dull and generic.
I tried to watch that show CSI:Cyber, but just couldn't do it. I got through the first episode and I gave up on it after the first scene of the second episode.
I pulled the plug on Battle Creek also. That guy needs to stick to Allstate.

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide

ArrowShirtless.jpg

Reactions: TJ8869
I watch it because of Krieger, Pam, Lana and Woodhouse.

Archer, Mallory, Cheryl & Cyril are annoying.

The Kenny Loggins episode last season was pretty funny.

It's a show that routinely 'jumps the shark' and is proud of it. No different than 'Family Guy' or 'Futurama'.

H. Jon Benjamin's voice and attitude screams 'asshole'.

They need to change their spy organization name/acronym.

Originally posted by FlickShagwell:
If you're amused by the exact same joke - the guy's an asshole and always says/does the most inappropriate thing, lol - then it's hilarious.

If the exact same joke episode after episode becomes less and less funny, then yeah, it's not stellar. I'm not amused by what I've seen since the first season or so.
And for you my friend, don't let me forget this year's St. Patrick's Day gift:

74364.jpg

Originally posted by Wahawk56:

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:

IDK why I've seen every episode. I guess just hoping I kept hoping it get better and by season 3 I just decided to go all in and see it through.
WWJD, I don't think it Last man on earth would have been that good if the main characters were good looking. I think the part that he got stuck with that ugly chick is what makes it more interesting. If this guy literally had everything in the world including a smokin hot wife, it would be really dull and generic.
I tried to watch that show CSI:Cyber, but just couldn't do it. I got through the first episode and I gave up on it after the first scene of the second episode.
I pulled the plug on Battle Creek also. That guy needs to stick to Allstate.
My reaction to CSI:Cyber was exactly the same as yours. Somewhere around the first real commercial break I just deleted it and told the DVR to forget it.

I'm giving Battle Creek 1 more chance.

I agree that the personality and appearance uncomfortableness is part of what made Last Man interesting, but those rough edges were so rough they also made it irritating. It's probably my Disney upbringing but I want to think there's some hope for things to get better.

It's not fall on the floor funny every episode, but it's certainly better than most comedies out there. I'm new to watching it so it's all fresh to me.

I don't even bother watching non-animated comedies nowadays...they're all the same. If it weren't for Archer, Robot Chicken, early Family Guy and Simpsons reruns, I probably wound not watch a single comedy out there right now. Animation can push boundaries non-animated just doesn't go to any more.

Originally posted by bagdropper:

It's not fall on the floor funny every episode, but it's certainly better than most comedies out there. I'm new to watching it so it's all fresh to me.

I don't even bother watching non-animated comedies nowadays...they're all the same. If it weren't for Archer, Robot Chicken, early Family Guy and Simpsons reruns, I probably wound not watch a single comedy out there right now. Animation can push boundaries non-animated just doesn't go to any more.
Love me some Archer but agree that it was at its best early on.

I also really enjoy Brooklyn Nine-Nine for a non-animated comedy...it can be hit or miss but I find it damn funny...Terry Tate office linebacker and tiger-got-out-of-the-cage guy from Superbad are both great characters plus Sandberg is occasionaly funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT