ADVERTISEMENT

Non-stop hurricane warnings!

Wait

U tellin' me that Republicans do not know how to run a business...???
No. I'm telling you that homeowners insurance in Florida is a total cluster **** and there are no simple solutions. Hurricanes are only part of the problem.

No. I'm telling you that homeowners insurance in Florida is a total cluster **** and there are no simple solutions. Hurricanes are only part of the problem.
It’s almost on par with the cluster in California.

No; we do not.

Not anywhere close to the rate we are adding it in. It is difficult and expensive

This is gigatons of carbon we're pulling out; it doesn't just magically disappear.
Every 8-pound gallon of gas you burn produces around 20 pounds of CO2.

Well that would imply that matter can be created. I wish I could turn X pounds of something bad into X*2.5 pounds of something good. But the laws of physics say that's not possible.

If you'd like to get better informed, I recommend this. It's fascinating.

"NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY The New Yorker • The New York Times Book Review • Time • NPR • The Economist • The Paris Review • Toronto Star • GQ • The Times Literary Supplement • The New York Public Library • Kirkus Reviews"

A 30-year analysis of “tornado trends” by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) found that “the number of strong and violent tornadoes hasn’t varied much since 1970.

“While the peak in tornado frequency in the early to middle 1970s included the 1974 Super Outbreak, the year with the most tornadoes during that span was 1973!” the NOAA report states.

It attributed an increase in tornadoes reported in the 1990s to the newly implemented Doppler weather radars, the development of spotter networks, population shifts, the proliferation of cell phone cameras, and “the growing ‘hobby’ of tornado chasing.”

Likewise, a 2022 report in Nature, found a “declining tropical cyclone frequency under global warming.

“On average, the global annual number of TCs [tropical cyclones] has decreased by 13 percent in the 20th century compared with the pre-industrial baseline 1850–1900.” the report stated.

In addition, the Drought Severity Index published by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) showed no material increase in droughts in the United States between 1895 and 2020.

Haven't any of you Floridians taken any chemistry or physics?
But but but Ol Joe says that doesn’t matter…
but I’m breathless with anticipation as to how it affects hurricanes…
Can you respond with something other than your usual “🤣”???

But but but Ol Joe says that doesn’t matter…
but I’m breathless with anticipation as to how it affects hurricanes…
Can you respond with something other than your usual “🤣”???
It is what it is 🤣 🤣

LOLWUT?

I posted that physics and chemistry DO matter. Which is why your buddy Trad is dumbfounded by how 8#'s of gasoline becomes 20#'s of CO2....

So, matter wasn't created. It was combined with O2 from the atmosphere.

In any case, back to the top of this rabbit hole. Carbon can be captured from the atmosphere and transformed into something useful, like carbon fiber, construction materials, sports equipment, etc., etc. And if you use a non-carbon-based power supply (nuclear, wind, solar, etc.). That's a win.

But no, all you science fan boys think we'll get there by driving EVs. That's simply never going to work.

Maybe you poindexters could put your science to work actually solving the problem?

In any case, back to the top of this rabbit hole. Carbon can be captured from the atmosphere and transformed into something useful

This is not economically feasible on the scales you are talking about.

We have 2.5x MORE "waste material" than the oil we pump out of the ground to clean up.
It is FAR cheaper to "leave it in the ground" and use renewable sources, than to try and clean something generating more waste than what you start with. And "capturing" carbon requires even MORE energy, which - if you use oil as your energy source - will generate MORE waste than what you're sequestering.

This is not economically feasible on the scales you are talking about.

We have 2.5x MORE "waste material" than the oil we pump out of the ground to clean up.
It is FAR cheaper to "leave it in the ground" and use renewable sources, than to try and clean something generating more waste than what you start with. And "capturing" carbon requires even MORE energy, which - if you use oil as your energy source - will generate MORE waste than what you're sequestering.

Like I said (which you typically ignored), use nuclear, solar, wind, etc.

Answer the question, have any of you Floridians taken any chemistry or physics classes in college? It appears at least a couple of you haven't.
I took one physics class in college 50 years ago, as part of the basic core requirements. I spent most of my college years taking history, government and economics.
Apparently most of the science dudes took science and spent time politicizing it. Impressive!

I took one physics class in college 50 years ago, as part of the basic core requirements. I spent most of my college years taking history, government and economics.
Apparently most of the science dudes took science and spent time politicizing it. Impressive!
How is science being politicized on this site?

And, Iowa. You mentioned earlier that the weather always changes. Yes, but the cycles that took millennia are now forced into 100 years due to human intervention.
Updates from Cali are not good. Grass fire in No Cal now covers almost 13,000 acres and has forced evacuations.
Oh noz! Insurance losses in Cali won’t shoot up premiums for the entire country will they? 🤔

Also, a 🤣 is much nicer than calling posters a dumb f...
True, but you wouldn’t be the first on this site. It’s full of trolls and bots who aren’t programmed for a long discussion. ChiComs haven’t stolen that technology yet so it may be a while.
Name calling doesn’t bother me. It only indicates frustration. “🤣”

True, but you wouldn’t be the first on this site. It’s full of trolls and bots who aren’t programmed for a long discussion. ChiComs haven’t stolen that technology yet so it may be a while.
Name calling doesn’t bother me. It only indicates frustration. “🤣”
My 🤣 don't mean frustration, just annoyance.

What waste? Oxygen?
CO2, idiot.

You have to sequester 20# of it for every 8# gallon of gas you burn.
And we've been emitting it for >100 years now, so you have to sequester ALL of that plus every new pound of it we emit. If we bring CO2 levels back down to pre-industrial 280 ppm levels, climate stabilizes.

Where you gonna put trillions of tons of it? Your back yard?

Updates from Cali are not good. Grass fire in No Cal now covers almost 13,000 acres and has forced evacuations.
Oh noz! Insurance losses in Cali won’t shoot up premiums for the entire country will they? 🤔
I find it very odd how you always try to defend and deflect when you feel the state of Florida is being slighted. Who the fvck cares about Cali, this thread is about hurricanes in Florida.

I find it very odd how you always try to defend and deflect when you feel the state of Florida is being slighted. Who the fvck cares about Cali, this thread is about hurricanes in Florida.
And we’re the only state in the Union who sees natural weather disasters so there is that…🫤

AGAIN: NOT ECONOMICALLY FEASIBLE. REQUIRES TOO MUCH ENERGY TO PULL CARBON BACK OUT, AND FIND STORAGE FOR 2.5X THE WASTE COMPARED TO WHAT YOU STARTED WITH.
Meh…we’re all gonna die so who cares, right? Aliens visiting in years hence will find weird machines plugged into odd man made structures and think it’s just another puzzling aspect of what an extinct life form did.

Well that would imply that matter can be created. I wish I could turn X pounds of something bad into X*2.5 pounds of something good. But the laws of physics say that's not possible.
When you burn gasoline, individual carbon atoms combine with 2 oxygen atoms. So you aren't creating the extra weight from nothing; you're grabbing it from the air.

The bulk of a typical gasoline consists of a homogeneous mixture of small, relatively lightweight hydrocarbons with between 4 and 12 carbon atoms per molecule.​
When burned, one liter (0.26 U.S. gal) of gasoline emits about 2.3 kilograms (5.1 lb) of CO2, a greenhouse gas, contributing to human-caused climate change.[9][10] Oil products, including gasoline, were responsible for about 32% of CO2 emissions worldwide in 2021.[11]

Reactions: Kelsers
This means what? You seem to be deep in thought. Are you trying to remember the exact point in time that you Republicans abandoned science in order to support a cult?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT