ADVERTISEMENT

An “open convention” in Chicago….a MAGA nightmare!

Didn't see a single legit name on that list lol have fun. Try not to be as cringe as last time. Let's compare energy vs the rnc.
And by “legit” you mean someone who has been for an adjudicated rapist, 34 times convicted felon, close buddy of pedophile, attempted to overthrow the government, pussy grabbing, Fascist, right?
Well you are right, none are your kind of “legit”.
Thank goodness for that

And by “legit” you mean someone who has been for an adjudicated rapist, 34 times convicted felon, close buddy of pedophile, attempted to overthrow the government, pussy grabbing, Fascist, right?
Well you are right, none are your kind of “legit”.
Thank goodness for that
Joe biden raped his daughter and you voted for him, you good person, you.

• Haha
Reactions: jonesy5960
Joe biden raped his daughter and you voted for him, you good person, you.
Ashley Biden says you are full of crap.
I wish someone cared about me as much as republicans care about the DNC's primary system.
200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: Torg and Moral
So much for the will of the people. I guess their votes don't matter? Who are the REAL insurrectionists? How about a coup?

The dems are ALL ABOUT POWER. Screw the voter.

If “the Dems” are all about power, and “the Dems” are completely in favor of Bidenstepping down, how do you figure “the Dems” are ignoring the will of their own people?

The vast majority of Democrats wanted this. Stop pretending otherwise - pretend arguments are only designed to convince yourself.

A truly open convention with several legit candidates (Whitmer, Kelley, Moore off the top of my head)…
An enthused Democratic base and access to $$, plus they are running vs. a very polar candidate..suddenly a lot of things are back on the table…
These are interesting times….the bext month will be fun!
Bleh, 1968 Chicago Convention called, it says, "Are you out of your f**king minds?"

Like her or hate her, Harris is really the only candidate that has a shot at putting together a respectable campaign in a month. It normally takes 2 full years to organize an effective Presidential campaign. The Heritage Foundation has spent the last 4 preparing this one for Trump. Harris is the only candidate that can get access to Biden's hundreds of millions of dollars of campaign cash. From my understanding, no one else can have direct access to that (correct me if I'm wrong there, please). If Harris can get the Biden campaign people on board, she will be set to make the run to November. That might not be very easy though because I imagine that most Biden campaign people feel pretty stabbed in the back right now though. The logistics of anyone else trying to run just don't make any sense.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
So much for the will of the people. I guess their votes don't matter? Who are the REAL insurrectionists? How about a coup?

The dems are ALL ABOUT POWER. Screw the voter.
You do know that there are no laws saying that parties have to go through a particular process to pick their candidate, right? 100 years ago you'd get about 10 guys in a smokey room drinking whiskey to pick their nominee and then they'd just tell everyone who the nominee was.

Now, the people who voted in the primaries may feel that way, like if the Democrats would have used the super delegates to overrule the primaries in 2008, but today is a different circumstance. More people were going to be pissed if Joe didn't step down.

Bleh, 1968 Chicago Convention called, it says, "Are you out of your f**king minds?"

Like her or hate her, Harris is really the only candidate that has a shot at putting together a respectable campaign in a month. It normally takes 2 full years to organize an effective Presidential campaign. The Heritage Foundation has spent the last 4 preparing this one for Trump. Harris is the only candidate that can get access to Biden's hundreds of millions of dollars of campaign cash. From my understanding, no one else can have direct access to that (correct me if I'm wrong there, please). If Harris can get the Biden campaign people on board, she will be set to make the run to November. That might not be very easy though because I imagine that most Biden campaign people feel pretty stabbed in the back right now though. The logistics of anyone else trying to run just don't make any sense.
I believe that Biden could donate it to the DNC.

I believe that Biden could donate it to the DNC.
He could, I believe, but then the candidate does not have direct control of the money and the DNC is going to use that in a lot of other races as well. Maybe that's not a bad thing but it does make it more difficult for the Presidential candidate. I think that since Harris is already on the ticket, she would have direct access to it. Something no one else would get. But again, I don't really know much about this so if I'm wrong please correct me.

He could, I believe, but then the candidate does not have direct control of the money and the DNC is going to use that in a lot of other races as well. Maybe that's not a bad thing but it does make it more difficult for the Presidential candidate. I think that since Harris is already on the ticket, she would have direct access to it. Something no one else would get. But again, I don't really know much about this so if I'm wrong please correct me.
Harris would have direct access. IMHO, the DNC will throw all that money at their presidential nominee, Harris or no.

Clyburn says that the party rules spell out how to proceed if anyone wishes to put their name in to be nominated

Rep. Clyburn predicts how Harris will do if she wins nomination for Democrats

The "open" convention is just a show piece. Harris will be the nominee because its all about the $$$ raised by the Biden run. There is no other choice.

Reactions: BioHawk
A truly open convention with several legit candidates (Whitmer, Kelley, Moore off the top of my head)…
An enthused Democratic base and access to $$, plus they are running vs. a very polar candidate..suddenly a lot of things are back on the table…
It's not going to be an "open" convention. It's gonna be Kamala...

What happened to saving democracy?

Absolutely terrible list of candidates if you pay attention to their "achievements" and policies. Lucky for them they are dealing with low IQ people that are very good at getting in line.

It’s cute that people who forcefully endorse the electoral college clutch their pearls over how democratic a political party’s internal mechanizations are.

And pretend that the majority of Democrats are not fully in favor of this change.
The people voting in primaries just a few months ago are being disrespected by the DNC because Joe is polling badly. Don't conflate the electoral college with the election primary system. That's intellectually dishonest.

The people voting in primaries just a few months ago are being disrespected by the DNC because Joe is polling badly. Don't conflate the electoral college with the election primary system. That's intellectually dishonest.
It will be interesting to see if any Bernie bros call this strike 3 with the dem party.

Da phuque are you talking about?

The electoral college deals with the actual electing of the President of the United States, which is genuinely an insult to respecting the will of the people.

Further, you are doing exactly what I told you was stupid - pretending that the people who voted in the primaries are not in favor of this. Your argument is a pretend argument designed only to fool yourself.

Da phuque are you talking about?

The electoral college deals with the actual electing of the President of the United States, which is genuinely an insult to respecting the will of the people.

Further, you are doing exactly what I told you was stupid - pretending that the people who voted in the primaries are not in favor of this. Your argument is a pretend argument designed only to fool yourself.
Don't ask him what he's talking about. Ask the conservative pundits. That's where this is being parroted from. Good little messengers they are.

Reactions: artradley
What are you talking about? He's the President for 6 more months.
He needs to spend the next 6 months putting his immunity to work. First, write executive orders eliminating all student loan debt, all medical debts, ensuring freedom of choice in all states, and dedicating another $100 million to ensure the defense of Ukraine. Then, he can get really crazy and remove Alito and Thomas from the Supreme Court and place two people in their spots. Probably should remove the Trump appointees as well since he was clearly a compromised President and none of his choices should have been allowed to stay. Also, add 4 more seats so the number of Supreme Court justices matches the number of Appeals courts. Each appellate court should have a representative on the Supreme Court. Also, with another executive order he can impose term limits on court Justices.

Sure, almost none of that would hold up to Republican challenges (except the stuff that challenges the immunity stuff), but it would keep them really busy over the next 6 months.

There won't be an open convention. It's Harris and whomever she picks to run with her.

Logistically it has to be Harris because she can use Biden's campaign and it's cash. If it's not the person would have to build up an entire national campaign with 3 months til the election.

Also this late in the game if it wasn't Harris it would look bad politically because it would essentially tell the world that the Dems were about to nominate a VP whom they had no faith in.

This is why Biden should have made this call a year and a half ago. So we could have a primary to decide the thing.

Reactions: pjhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT