ADVERTISEMENT

An Iowa shootout leaves a fleeing suspect dead and 2 police officers injured

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
A shooting early Monday left two Iowa police officers hospitalized and a suspect dead, Des Moines police said.

The encounter began around 1:40 a.m. when patrol officers tried to pull over a vehicle and the driver refused to stop. A chase ensued before the fleeing vehicle crashed a short time later, police said.

When officers approached the driver to arrest him, he pulled out a handgun and began shooting at them, police Sgt. Paul Parizek said. Several officers returned fire, hitting the man.

Two officers were shot and rushed to a hospital. Parizek said both are expected to survive. The man who was shot died, Parizek said.

Des Moines police and the Iowa Department of Public Safety are investigating.

A shooting early Monday left two Iowa police officers hospitalized and a suspect dead, Des Moines police said.

The encounter began around 1:40 a.m. when patrol officers tried to pull over a vehicle and the driver refused to stop. A chase ensued before the fleeing vehicle crashed a short time later, police said.

When officers approached the driver to arrest him, he pulled out a handgun and began shooting at them, police Sgt. Paul Parizek said. Several officers returned fire, hitting the man.

Two officers were shot and rushed to a hospital. Parizek said both are expected to survive. The man who was shot died, Parizek said.

Des Moines police and the Iowa Department of Public Safety are investigating.
We need criminal reform.

Reactions: Mufasa94
You make it more difficult for bad people to have access to guns and it's a step in the right direction.
NRA backed politicians don't want reform.
Especially in an election year.
Should not be a difficult concept to understand.
Kamala - “Tim Walz and I are both gun owners. We're not taking anybody's guns away."

Also Kamala - “I feel very strongly that it’s consistent with the second amendment to say we need an assault weapons ban. They’re literally tools of war they were literally designed to kill a lot of people quickly.”

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone, Sweetie.

Kamala - “Tim Walz and I are both gun owners. We're not taking anybody's guns away."

Also Kamala - “I feel very strongly that it’s consistent with the second amendment to say we need an assault weapons ban. They’re literally tools of war they were literally designed to kill a lot of people quickly.”

She's right, too.

There isn't a private citizen on the planet that needs to own an AR or an AK.
Not one!

You make it more difficult for bad people to have access to guns and it's a step in the right direction.
Problem is that the criminals will always be the ones that can get a weapon/pistol.
I know several Good people (me included) that have many guns on hand.
Most of mine are in a gun locker so no one has easy access.
Assault weapons are a different issue with me. We need better screening with them.

Link to Walz and Kamala owning assault weapons?

Assault weapons are a different issue with me. We need better screening with them.

The problem comes with defining what an "assault" weapon is,.. Stripped down to it's essence, the commonly referred to "assault weapon" is really nothing more than a semi-automatic rifle,.. Private ownership of semi-automatic rifles will never be banned in this country.

If you think banning guns will make it harder for criminals to get them, take a look at how hard it is for people in prison to get drugs.
These are people who are guarded 24/7, have their mail opened and examined, their living spaces searched, and their bodies frisked regularly. Yet it is estimated that 26% of them are regular hard drug users. That’s meth, cocaine, and fentanyl, not pot.
Are more laws the answer to stopping them?

If you think banning guns will make it harder for criminals to get them, take a look at how hard it is for people in prison to get drugs.
These are people who are guarded 24/7, have their mail opened and examined, their living spaces searched, and their bodies frisked regularly. Yet it is estimated that 26% of them are regular hard drug users. That’s meth, cocaine, and fentanyl, not pot.
Very good example here of why it's tough to talk gun reform. Not a single post in this thread about banning guns, yet here we go.

The problem comes with defining what an "assault" weapon is,.. Stripped down to it's essence, the commonly referred to "assault weapon" is really nothing more than a semi-automatic rifle,.. Private ownership of semi-automatic rifles will never be banned in this country.
My terminology/definition of assault weapon is a gun/weapon that is or can be turned into a full automatic piece. Bump stocks can create that effect to almost 100%. I have a semi auto shotgun I used for pheasant hunting years ago. Don't know if it could be changed into an auto or not.

My terminology/definition of assault weapon is a gun/weapon that is or can be turned into a full automatic piece. Bump stocks can create that effect to almost 100%. I have a semi auto shotgun I used for pheasant hunting years ago. Don't know if it could be changed into an auto or not.

Do you want to take away semi-auto handguns as well?

An ‘assault weapons*’ ban means they would be taking people’s guns away, 🤡.

* assault weapon is never defined by the Commies who totally don’t want to take them away from you. Intentionally vague.
People with a hardon for their 2A rights who walk around with assault rifles just looking for an excuse to shoot someone are the ones who need their guns taken away. I would hope everyone would agree with this. As soon as KH says that people can't have a hunting rifle or a gun for home protection, get back to me.

Yeah, let's try that.

What we're doing now isn't working.

Why have any laws then, if bad people want to commit a crime they will do so?

Most of our laws are for marginal criminals,.. People operating on the edge, who dabble in crime while attempting to remain undetected, with the hope of keeping their place in society intact,.. Serious criminals don't care.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn

Fail Black And White GIF

Most of our laws are for marginal criminals,.. People operating on the edge, who dabble in crime while attempting to remain undetected, with the hope of keeping their place in society intact,.. Serious criminals don't care.
Are you saying marginal criminals never commit gun crimes?

If the Dems were so worried about gun crimes, why aren't they focusing on the main problem which is black youth?

So gun laws are necessary even if some people choose not to follow them, correct?

Gun laws are necessary,.. But attempting to tighten our current gun laws more and more every time we experience a shooting is producing diminishing returns,.. We are already well into the area where the vast majority of gun owners follow the law...

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Gun laws are necessary,.. But attempting to tighten our current gun laws more and more every time we experience a shooting is producing diminishing returns,.. We are already well into the area where the vast majority of gun owners follow the law...
Not so sure about that, we have two cases within a year where parents armed their minor sons, with known emotional problems that went on to kill multiple people.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT