ADVERTISEMENT

An Iowa shootout leaves a fleeing suspect dead and 2 police officers injured

It did in 1994 and was law for 10 years.

Yes, but all magazines made prior to the ban were grandfathered in. We’re talking tens-of-millions of magazines with a capacity of more than ten rounds. The law only banned new manufacture of 10+ round clips and mags. Sure, it means something. But, an outright ban would never pass. No way in hell.

It's amazing how people don't understand this.

The only thing you will do is take guns away from good

A shooting early Monday left two Iowa police officers hospitalized and a suspect dead, Des Moines police said.

The encounter began around 1:40 a.m. when patrol officers tried to pull over a vehicle and the driver refused to stop. A chase ensued before the fleeing vehicle crashed a short time later, police said.

When officers approached the driver to arrest him, he pulled out a handgun and began shooting at them, police Sgt. Paul Parizek said. Several officers returned fire, hitting the man.

Two officers were shot and rushed to a hospital. Parizek said both are expected to survive. The man who was shot died, Parizek said.

Des Moines police and the Iowa Department of Public Safety are investigating.
Anybody have updates on officer shot in head?

You make it more difficult for bad people to have access to guns and it's a step in the right direction.
NRA backed politicians don't want reform.
Especially in an election year.
Should not be a difficult concept to understand.
If you believe bad people won’t have guns if we have more gun laws, you are even dumber than I thought possible. Drugs are illegal and we know how hard it is for criminals to get drugs. :rolleyes:

If you believe bad people won’t have guns if we have more gun laws, you are even dumber than I thought possible. Drugs are illegal and we know how hard it is for criminals to get drugs. :rolleyes:
So, you're POV is to do nothing?
Everything is fine?

Damn, you one dumb mofo.

What is an assault weapon. An assault is an action not an object. I own no Armalite style weapons. But I do own a semi auto shotgun, that loaded with buckshot can create one hell of a $hit storm. Do we ban shotguns also?

What is an assault weapon. An assault is an action not an object. I own no Armalite style weapons. But I do own a semi auto shotgun, that loaded with buckshot can create one hell of a $hit storm. Do we ban shotguns also?
derp GIF

Kamala - “Tim Walz and I are both gun owners. We're not taking anybody's guns away."

Also Kamala - “I feel very strongly that it’s consistent with the second amendment to say we need an assault weapons ban. They’re literally tools of war they were literally designed to kill a lot of people quickly.”

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone, Sweetie.
You understand not all guns are assault weapons? Hand guns, lever action, bolt action, etc? Used to be you couldn’t but an AR type rifle…

I'm not for taking away all guns, I don't see a reason the need for a fully automatic handgun.

Ok. Unless I missed it, I don't see anyone arguing for a fully automatic handgun. The point I'm trying to make is that illegal components are available to convert them (See post 23). So if one was to argue that a semi-auto rifle should be banned because it could be converted to fully auto, wouldn't that same person think that semi auto handguns should be banned as well given the video in post 23?

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I’m on board with taking people guns away. Democrats should own the presidency, house and Senate by Jan. Where and how do we get started?

Ok. Unless I missed it, I don't see anyone arguing for a fully automatic handgun. The point I'm trying to make is that illegal components are available to convert them (See post 23). So if one was to argue that a semi-auto rifle should be banned because it could be converted to fully auto, wouldn't that same person think that semi auto handguns should be banned as well given the video in post 23?
Yes. Slippery slope, right?
You understand not all guns are assault weapons? Hand guns, lever action, bolt action, etc? Used to be you couldn’t but an AR type rifle…
She said ‘we’re not taking ANYBODY’S GUNS’ - she didn’t ‘we’re not taking anybody’s assault weapons’. She said that a couple days later.

You clowns can’t even define ‘assault weapon’.

In the United States, assault weapon is a controversial term applied to different kinds of firearms.[1] There is no clear, consistent definition.

So, should we try to take away the availability to order/get parts to modify from semi to auto?

So again Democrats are attempting to use someone breaking the law, shooting at a cop is still breaking the law in America, as an entry why we should impact legal gun ownership.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
So, should we try to take away the availability to order/get parts to modify from semi to auto?
There is no legal way to turn a semi auto into an automatic weapon. By definition a automatic fires multiple shots with 1 single trigger pull. There are ways to reduce the timing between each pull or to have the firearm reset due to recoil but the trigger still needs pulled to fire eqxh round.

Fwiw, the trigger that did what I'm talking about, is no longer available.

Yes. Slippery slope, right?

She said ‘we’re not taking ANYBODY’S GUNS’ - she didn’t ‘we’re not taking anybody’s assault weapons’. She said that a couple days later.

You clowns can’t even define ‘assault weapon’.

In the United States, assault weapon is a controversial term applied to different kinds of firearms.[1] There is no clear, consistent definition.

Dictionary
Definitions from [COLOR=var(--IXoxUe)]Oxford Languageshttps://languages.oup.com/google-dictionary-en · [COLOR=var(--IXoxUe)]Learn more
https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/10106608?hl=en[/COLOR][/COLOR]
noun
noun
: assault rifle; plural noun: assault rifles
  1. a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifledesigned for infantry use.​

Not so sure about that, we have two cases within a year where parents armed their minor sons, with known emotional problems that went on to kill multiple people.

And in both cases the parents have been charged under existing legislation...

Dictionary
Definitions from [COLOR=var(--IXoxUe)]Oxford Languageshttps://languages.oup.com/google-dictionary-en · [COLOR=var(--IXoxUe)]Learn more
https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/10106608?hl=en[/COLOR][/COLOR]
noun
noun
: assault rifle; plural noun: assault rifles

1. a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifledesigned for infantry use.​
Karamela didn’t define the term but she said ‘we’ need an assault WEAPONS ban, not an assault RIFLE ban.

Regardless, most experts agree that an assault rifle means fully automatic.

Don’t care, screw anyone that wants to disarm law abiding citizens.

And in both cases the parents have been charged under existing legislation...
True, but wouldn't it have been better if those minors were not allowed to own firearms in the first place?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT