ADVERTISEMENT

Aneesah Morrow has now committed to Mulkey and LSU but the surprise move is

I will defend any Iowa coach has to deal with posters like you and the other disadvantages that they have to deal with while they are still here.

lately the instate talent is on upward trend and former star players kids are getting old enough and are becoming stars in there own right.

the Murray Twins
Koch
Marble
to a lesser degree walk on Kingsbury
Stokes
those are the ones that come to mind the quickest, even now Fran is making inroads in Illinois and NE in recruiting.

Thursday we will find out if Donnie Freeman will be a Hawk or not. ranked #35 by ESPN just got dropped from #27 to #54 by Rivals. sound familar by Rivals.

Those players won a total of 1 NCAA Tournament game w/ Fran.

I find Mulkey disgusting, but you can't question her ability to win. Glad she is not at Iowa.

Iowa BB coaches, women's and men's, do need to figure out how to adapt to the pay-for-play/transfer if you aren't completely happy environment that NIL has created. I don't understand NIL enough to suggest exactly what needs to be done, but it does seem that the FB coaches are starting to figure it out.

Bluder's recent success is pretty incredible, but how often are you going to have the same starting five for such a long stretch and a generational talent like Caitlin? Fran can sure identify talent and establish good relationships with top players, but he seldom is able to close the deal. I really like the incoming freshman class, but his total failure in last year's transfer portal and the limited success this year, has left us with a lot of uncertainty this year. I am glad that we have the overseas trip to allow the players to play together and to help figure out the rotation.

here are Fran's NCAA's tourney wins in the 1st rnd and then 2nd losses
2014-15 Davidson W Gonzaga loss
2015-16 Temple W Villanova l
2018-19 Cinncinati W Tennessee
2021-22 Grand Canyon W Oregon L
he has 4 1st Rnd wins with 3 of the 2nd rnd losses to the #2 seed. twice as the #7 seed and the 3rd as the #10 seed after upsetting the #7 seed.
Oregon was a 10 seed who did not have to play their 1st rnd game.

I am happy with the 4 1st rnd wins after living thru the SA and Lick years 10 years of just 3 NCAA Tourney appearances with just 1 win . maybe we should just go back to those 10 years. then you will have a reason to bitch to your hearts delight.

hell Dr. Tom in his 13 seasons finished in the sweet 16 twice and the Elite 8 once. and he was run off for not winning enough.

I find Mulkey disgusting, but you can't question her ability to win. Glad she is not at Iowa.

Iowa BB coaches, women's and men's, do need to figure out how to adapt to the pay-for-play/transfer if you aren't completely happy environment that NIL has created. I don't understand NIL enough to suggest exactly what needs to be done, but it does seem that the FB coaches are starting to figure it out.

Bluder's recent success is pretty incredible, but how often are you going to have the same starting five for such a long stretch and a generational talent like Caitlin? Fran can sure identify talent and establish good relationships with top players, but he seldom it able to close the deal. I really like the incoming freshman class, but his total failure in last year's transfer portal and the limited success this year, has left us with a lot of uncertainty this year. I am glad that we have the overseas trip to allow the players to play together and to help figure out the rotation.
Iowa did not have the NIL avilable last year it is you that is the real failure.

It is all about the NIL money!!!!! Yes, these ladies are looking for NCAA Championship Titles. But more importantly is the money that outside groups can give them. There are 351 WBB D-1 programs with 15 player max rosters (5,265 players). D-1 players more likely to get money in their college towns than in a pro city. The WNBA salaries are not high. Jackie Young of the Aces has an average annual salary of $252,450 and is currently the WNBA’s highest-paid player in 2023. There are 12 teams with a max roster 12 players. Each team has a salary cap of $1,420,500. These high level transfer players are all getting more than a $100K most likely and free college. The total 144 rostered players in the WNBA in (2022), there were only 17 rookies that made open game rosters.
I love the Iowa WBB program. They have great coaches. I just don't understand how they could not get a high level transfer to come play with Caitlin. They say the NIL money from the "Swarm" is there for WBB. These players would rather play with A. Reese? What does that say?

It is all about the NIL money!!!!! Yes, these ladies are looking for NCAA Championship Titles. But more importantly is the money that outside groups can give them. There are 351 WBB D-1 programs with 15 player max rosters (5,265 players). D-1 players more likely to get money in their college towns than in a pro city. The WNBA salaries are not high. Jackie Young of the Aces has an average annual salary of $252,450 and is currently the WNBA’s highest-paid player in 2023. There are 12 teams with a max roster 12 players. Each team has a salary cap of $1,420,500. These high level transfer players are all getting more than a $100K most likely and free college. The total 144 rostered players in the WNBA in (2022), there were only 17 rookies that made open game rosters.
I love the Iowa WBB program. They have great coaches. I just don't understand how they could not get a high level transfer to come play with Caitlin. They say the NIL money from the "Swarm" is there for WBB. These players would rather play with A. Reese? What does that say?
Maybe less Swarm and more large individual donors. I know very little about the Swarm. I wonder if it is good or some kind of PC cluster?

here are Fran's NCAA's tourney wins in the 1st rnd and then 2nd losses
2014-15 Davidson W Gonzaga loss
2015-16 Temple W Villanova l
2018-19 Cinncinati W Tennessee
2021-22 Grand Canyon W Oregon L
he has 4 1st Rnd wins with 3 of the 2nd rnd losses to the #2 seed. twice as the #7 seed and the 3rd as the #10 seed after upsetting the #7 seed.
Oregon was a 10 seed who did not have to play their 1st rnd game.

I am happy with the 4 1st rnd wins after living thru the SA and Lick years 10 years of just 3 NCAA Tourney appearances with just 1 win . maybe we should just go back to those 10 years. then you will have a reason to bitch to your hearts delight.

hell Dr. Tom in his 13 seasons finished in the sweet 16 twice and the Elite 8 once. and he was run off for not winning enough.

If you can continually bring up the lick era, then we can bring up the Olson era. It can be done at Iowa with the right coach. Year 14

Reactions: amahawk
Iowa as been to 3 FF in the history of the NCAAT, they have reached the Elite 8 8 times and the sweet 16 8 times as well. and you shoot your mouth off like they should go an reach the sweet 16 every year.

talk about delusional with their demands.

Iowa as been to 3 FF in the history of the NCAAT, they have reached the Elite 8 8 times and the sweet 16 8 times as well. and you shoot your mouth off like they should go an reach the sweet 16 every year.

talk about delusional with their demands.

This board is a much better place at night after you get rolled into bed away from your keyboard.

is this the LSU site? or are you going to do a daily up date every time Mulkey farts to try to convince Iowa that her farts don't stink but actually smell like roses?

Iowa did not have the NIL avilable last year it is you that is the real failure.

but the difference was ha had these in the Post

6'11 Waite and 6'11 Special K
then Bobby Hansen
then Vince Brookins as is possibly his best starting line up in the 7 years he was here.
That was not the starting lineup. With Ronnie healthy, Ronnie and Kenny started at guard, Vince and Kevin Boyle at forwards, Waite and Special K sharing the post most of the time, but occasionally playing together. Bobby was the third guard. Not a lot of depth, but the players knew how to play together. Kenny Arnold is one of the most underrated players to put on a Hawkeye uni IMO.

Reactions: mtown66
It’s exactly this sort of scenario many saw coming, and precisely why my interest in college sports will likely significantly wane in the coming years.
It’s going to be the Yankees and Dodgers for college sports—if you’re playing well, they’ll write the check.

Reactions: DewHawk
If you can continually bring up the lick era, then we can bring up the Olson era. It can be done at Iowa with the right coach. Year 14
And leave it to a group of Iowa ''fans'' to screw up success. Iowa fans were brutal towards Lute for his response to the Jim Bain call at Purdue and Lute didn't take kindly to that. So, even though he was getting the House that Lute Built, he decided to use Bobbi as an excuse to leave Iowa and go to Arizona, a school with very little success in basketball.
And, remember Ralph Miller who coached the 1970 team. He was shut out and ignored by Evashevski who was fighting with Burns. So Miller left. All of Iowa's best basketball coaches left.

Reactions: Razorhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT