Aug 3, 2013
https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/inner-circle-annoucement/

To sum up:

$25: Hat
$50: Hat + t-shirt
$75: Hat + t-shirt + hoodie
$100: Hat + t-shirt + hoodie + half-zip
$200: Hat + t-shirt + hoodie + half-zip + full-zip hoodie

All top-quality apparel with the wicked cool Inner Circle logo boldly displayed.

All of this swag, plus getting entered into drawings for awesome prizes, plus inside access to the program. . . It’s a “must” for any diehard Iowa wrestling fan.

No better time to join the Inner Circle.

Last edited:
That's what I'm talkin' about!

Huge props to Randy and Hawkfromday1 for working their butts off on this. Just another of many enhancements happening for the HWC and, indirectly, Iowa wrestling. We're squarely on the right path, thanks to the leadership of people like Randy, Hawkfromday1, Bob Nicolls, the HWC board, and many other dedicated, enterprising, smart, determined folks. Our lineup of supporters can't be matched, and we're full-steam ahead!

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club Inner Circle
Amount: $51.84
Donation interval: Monthly
Period: 05/2018
Receipt #: 847623
Donated at: 05/04/18 09:58:24

Sorry, this may be posted somewhere and I missed it. Do people already set up for monthly donations automatically get set up for the Inner Circle?

An email next week will direct our existing monthly donors on what next steps are---

as I told someone earlier-- The existing recurring monthly donors were Inner Circle before we ever knew what Inner Circle was!

They were the members of the Hawkeye 5000. Which referred to the number of $25 per month recurring donors that would raise $125,00 monthly and $1,500,000 annually.

Let's go hawks!

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club Inner Circle
Donor Name: Aaron Dixon
Amount: $103.39
Receipt #: 848737
Donated at: 05/04/18 14:23:14

Let's go hawks!

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club Inner Circle
That is outstanding. The trickle will soon be a flood. I love it -- and so do our coaches and athletes. And as you all know, the more the HWC thrives, the more the Hawks will, too.

One thing many are starting to do is put the Inner Circle logo on your social media profile pictures!!! Great segue into more education, conversations and invitations!

Let's go hawks!

Don't have my receipt, but donated the same

Never once put on a singlet so I'll always be in the backseat as far as discussion goes around here. I just wanted to say that I believe in Iowa, the HWC and promoting the sport in general. Not looking for respect or glory or anything and I'm only in for the bare minimum for now.... but to anyone reading this that might be a fringe fan of it all and on the edge about donating, I highly encourage you to pull the trigger, let it fly and Go Hawks!

Never once put on a singlet so I'll always be in the backseat as far as discussion goes around here. I just wanted to say that I believe in Iowa, the HWC and promoting the sport in general. Not looking for respect or glory or anything and I'm only in for the bare minimum for now.... but to anyone reading this that might be a fringe fan of it all and on the edge about donating, I highly encourage you to pull the trigger, let it fly and Go Hawks!
Music to the HWC’s ears, naturalborn! It’s great to see the Inner Circle expanding daily. Make no mistake — it’s a huge key to the success of the Club and Iowa wrestling.

When Iowa wrestling has meets on the road, are there meetings in that town with area alumni where updates on the HWC are given (from you or other board members and/or coaches) and how alumni in that city (Chicago, Minneapolis, etc) can donate/make a difference?

For example: before or after the Iowa / Minnesota wrestling meet, I bet you could get a meeting room somewhere near Williams Arena, organize a gathering with the Twin Cities Iowa Club, educate them on what is going on with Iowa wrestling, the HWC, the new facility etc, and tell them how they can make a difference by donating to the HWC/Iowa wrestling.

Just a thought. Maybe its already being done....

"I like to call it the burns family circle of trust!"

bff06bcfd9b4cbf44f1581efb3e4f247--fun-quotes-movie-quotes.jpg

Does a one time annual donation of 300 or more qualify for inner circle or must it be a reoccurring monthly donation...

Thats a good question we havent talked about much.. We definitely would prefer it be monthly-- Just so its easy to keep track of---- but the donor is the boss in many respects--if you send us a check for $300 and allocate it to Inner Circle-- we will accomodate.

Does a one time annual donation of 300 or more qualify for inner circle or must it be a reoccurring monthly donation...

Thats a good question we havent talked about much.. We definitely would prefer it be monthly-- Just so its easy to keep track of---- but the donor is the boss in many respects--if you send us a check for $300 and allocate it to Inner Circle-- we will accomodate.

I had the same question. It is easier for me to get my company to match my donation if I contribute annually, rather than monthly.

It's awesome that fans are checking with their companies for matching donations. By all means, if you work for a large company that may do this, it's well worth checking. Very cool when a single fan can basically count as two Inner Circle members with a company match.

@Novakht ,

Another brain storming idea: Have a contact person for EVERY I-Club in the USA. Educate that person on where things stand with Iowa wrestling, the HWC, the inner circle, how Hawk fans can help, and on the new facility. Then ask that contact person to give a talk on all of these issues at a football watch party. Here in the Twin Cities, for example, there are 3 different watch party locations. You could hit a lot of people (and educate them on all of the issues facing Iowa wrestling) all over the country this way.

You could also come up with a standard message to send to the I-Club contact that gets emailed to all of those I-Club members. For example, the Twin Cities I-Club sends out occasional emails. Why not ask our Twin Cities I-Club (and all I-Clubs across the USA) to send an email titled "Iowa wrestling needs your support?" You could discuss all the relevant issues and how everyone can help.

Honestly, I did not know of (or much of) the following:

* The importance of the HWC, its budget, etc.
* Why a new facility is needed
* How I could help

Communication is key to most things in life. I would imagine there are people all across the country who simply need to hear the message and I bet you would get a great response.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT