ADVERTISEMENT

Annual LOL at Cedar Rapids thread...

girl-smile.gif

I like walking the Trashmore trails. Gives a great vantage of the city at the top (not that there's much to look at) but it's not as ridiculous as it sounds. Was a real shame when some douchers got together and vandalized the area right after it opened.

WTF is Mt. Trashmore? This is a real thing?
Yes, for real. For decades the city of Cedar Rapids operated a landfill in this area and eventually all of our "stuff" was piled high enough that they euphemistically call it a "Mt.". And then, since it is a mountain of refuse/garbage, someone coined the term "Trashmore".

So, yes, it is now a nice looking, from a distance, park area. Think really big hill with nice green grass growing on it. :) Perfect for buffalo! :)

Reactions: fredjr82
Torbee, what if, just work with me here...Cedar Rapids included some free ranging buffalos on the newly minted Mt. Trashmore grounds? Would you be good with it then? :)
That might be dangerous. Their hooves could puncture the topsoil level and release the methane building up underneath.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Why on earth are the trails only open when the "Rec Building" is open and why does every walker and biker need to check in before entering?

Really dumb. But CR...so.

I live in CR. I love it here. Tell me why I should move to the QC? I’m open to anything.

What do you love about CR? I’ve only worked there (AEGON) for about 6 years and never lived there. I didn’t find it to be a place I’d want to plant roots. Not picking a fight, just curious.

The positive of this new park is that it covers the smell of the Quaker Oat factory.
Funny you say. Last Sunday was a Crunch Berry day. The only other day better is PB Crunch day, with regular Cap’n Crunch days right behind. Downtown always smells great. The only bad smell is PMX across the river. Some people don’t like the Brewer’s Yeast down the way, but it reminds me of root beer.
Do you like pizza?
If so, avoid the monstrous things they do to it in the QC.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
What do you love about CR? I’ve only worked there (AEGON) for about 6 years and never lived there. I didn’t find it to be a place I’d want to plant roots. Not picking a fight, just curious.
You’re not answering the question.

Can you huff the methane from the ventilation pipes?
What I can’t figure out is how much it will settle? A lot of what’s in the pile will decompose eventually.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT