ADVERTISEMENT

Another murder in Iowa's " worst city " ...

Places we like

Downtown

Need Pizza, White Star Alehouse, Bricks, Pub 217, Grin and Goose, Cobble Hill, Black Sheep Social Club/Clockhous Brewing. Quarter Barrel Brewing. Want to try MidTown Station.

Kingston Village (west of river)

Local Pour/Thew Brewing, Popoli, Quintons, want to try Bari Italian

NewBo/Czech Village

Caucho, Lion Bridge Brewing (has food) Parlor City, Fongs, Luckys (best breakfast ever...seriously) BoMacs. Want to try Rodina, Lucita's

NE side

30Hop, 3rd Base Brewing, Thomaso's (Hiawatha) ,Butcher Block (sit on the patio) Gumption, Mas Margaritas, Cappys Pizza, Lucky Penny (Hiawatha) Rileys, Lebowskis (Robins) Zepplins, Daisys Garage, LaCantina, Adelitas, Edisons, Irish Democrat, Vinos, Emils, Mandarin Spice ( find it!) Ting's Red Lantern, Casa Las Glorias, Want to try Blind Pig

Marion

Zoeys, Goldfinch, Qdogs Bbq, Bistro 319, Uptown Snug (drinks) Thomaso's', Villa's Patio (when it reopens). Want to try Short's Buger and Shine, West End

Damn....I'm hungry!

I'm bookmarking this list and going to try a few of them.

Also, I can't believe neither of us called out El Super Burrito & Lupita's Bakery. If I get in on a flight around dinner / lunch time, I'll make the quick shot up Edgewood from the airport just for that!

Yeah, I live on this side of town. College Community locked down, but just went off it a few minutes ago. I'm betting hotel parking lot cameras caught it all and they know what vehicles were involved.

When I moved here in 2004, there was very little major crime. Ever since the flood, every couple months there's some sort of shots fired story coming from the area.

I talked to a gal recently who worked at that Kum & Go on Kirkwood Blvd just off the interstate in the early 2010's. She stated "I quit when I got robbed for the 3rd time in 3 months" while working the overnight shift.

My bet is chances are this will tie back into some dispute involving kids living in all those apartments that are now around the area.

Reactions: bdg8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT