ADVERTISEMENT

Another one of those “makes ya wonder” moments

The fact that the courts decided the father has no say in the decision is appalling. If my wife decided to do this to our son in 6 years, and the courts decided I had no say, she would be on the missing persons list forever.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timot...stopping-sons-transgender-transition-n2555144

"On Monday, a Texas jury ruled that Jeffrey Younger, the father of seven-year-old boy James Younger, could not legally prevent the boy's mother and his ex-wife, Dr. Anne Georgulas, from giving the biological male puberty blockers and cross-ex hormones in order to chemically castrate the son, whom Georgulas insists is a girl because of his fondness for the Disney princess movie, "Frozen."

I would say 7 is way too young to determine his sexuality. Heck I played with my older sister's Barbie and Ken dolls when I was little and still turned out straight. But maybe it was because the GI Joes that came later saved me:)

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timot...stopping-sons-transgender-transition-n2555144

"On Monday, a Texas jury ruled that Jeffrey Younger, the father of seven-year-old boy James Younger, could not legally prevent the boy's mother and his ex-wife, Dr. Anne Georgulas, from giving the biological male puberty blockers and cross-ex hormones in order to chemically castrate the son, whom Georgulas insists is a girl because of his fondness for the Disney princess movie, "Frozen."

I would say 7 is way too young to determine his sexuality. Heck I played with my older sister's Barbie and Ken dolls when I was little and still turned out straight. But maybe it was because the GI Joes that came later saved me:)

Just disgusting what the mom is doing. I guarantee she is not the only one.

Remember when everyone gets scolded for 70 cents on the dollar even though that is a bullshit statistic? Or when we get to have sports like rowing at the university of Iowa just for girls because football pays for everything? How about more women in college but they still get extra advantages in everything because women are oppressed?

This is a disgusting story of abuse and a complete discounting of father's rights. Remember that the best interest of the child is supposedly the standard used and that is why 90 percent of contested custody cases end with the mother getting custody.

The people involved in this should be beaten. Oops I guess that is my toxic masculinity speaking

Unbelievable, a jury apparently made this decision too.

For the record my sons have liked the movie Frozen. Is that really all it takes for people to decide that they are girls?

It's unbelievable that a parent is allowed to do this to a seven year old. Off the chart. I can't even imagine how stupid those jurors are.

Liberals always seem to go quiet in threads like these.
What is there to say? I don’t know the case and won’t make a rash judgement on it. That being said, my general feeling in these types of matters is that 7 is too young and they should probably wait until at least they’ve gone through puberty. I will never understand how someone feels that they should be another gender. I will also never understand how people who suffer depression feel. Who am I to judge any of them.

Reactions: Rudolph
What is there to say? I don’t know the case and won’t make a rash judgement on it. That being said, my general feeling in these types of matters is that 7 is too young and they should probably wait until at least they’ve gone through puberty. I will never understand how someone feels that they should be another gender. I will also never understand how people who suffer depression feel. Who am I to judge any of them.
Stay woke

This.

Note that I could trot out conversion therapy stories, but don’t, because I’m willing to believe that most Cons aren’t in support of conversion therapy.

Despite being a very liberal modern liberal, I’m not bent on trying to constantly find fault in conservatism, nor take the worst and most extreme shit and attempt to ascribe it to all of conservatism.

So moderate!!

Reactions: silasstarr
This.

Note that I could trot out conversion therapy stories, but don’t, because I’m willing to believe that most Cons aren’t in support of conversion therapy.

Despite being a very liberal modern liberal, I’m not bent on trying to constantly find fault in conservatism, nor take the worst and most extreme shit and attempt to ascribe it to all of conservatism.

So moderate!!
Lol. I'm not sure who thinks more highly of themselves on this board you or @Joes Place?

Reactions: Rudolph
Can a 7 year old give consent to something like this? We deem kids unable to give sexual consent until a certain age, I would think this falls in line with that.

I feel like Lifesite News may not give a great impartial accounting of the story. Apparently nobody wants to castrate a 7 year old. Still a hard subject and one I have a hard time with.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/10/24/james-younger-luna-transgender-greg-abbott/?outputType=amp
Well, duh. The line about mom’s basing all this on her son’s affinity for Frozen kinda tipped it off.

There is so much chemically/hormonal happening (and still to happen) that anything decided prepubescent seems, uh, premature?

Reactions: lawsonhawk
It must have been a compelling case to get a Texas jury to unanimously vote for it. My personal opinion is that it’s not right for a child at that age with such a young and developing brain to make this decision. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what I think.

On a side note, I know a couple of different parents who have kids at that age or younger who are struggling with this currently. One is a child who was born a boy but wants to wear dresses and requested that his name be changed to a girls name. The parents and the school went along with it.

What is the science on this? When did we start putting synthetic hormones into our food? A few generations ago? Maybe we’re actually starting to see the biochemical effects of chemically engineering our food?

(Pure speculation, feel free to ruthlessly attack my naïveté.)

Reactions: lawsonhawk
What is the science on this? When did we start putting synthetic hormones into our food? A few generations ago? Maybe we’re actually starting to see the biochemical effects of chemically engineering our food?

(Pure speculation, feel free to ruthlessly attack my naïveté.)
That could be true but I would think that the numbers would need to be skewed one way or the other, but that is also just conjecture.

The mother is an ultra right conservative. Why blame libs?

Liberals always seem to go quiet in threads like these.

You're seriously overestimating the number of liberals who would agree with this jury's decision IMO. This isn't really a political topic despite you and your buddies attempts to paint it that way.

Remember when everyone gets scolded for 70 cents on the dollar even though that is a bullshit statistic? Or when we get to have sports like rowing at the university of Iowa just for girls because football pays for everything? How about more women in college but they still get extra advantages in everything because women are oppressed?

This is a disgusting story of abuse and a complete discounting of father's rights. Remember that the best interest of the child is supposedly the standard used and that is why 90 percent of contested custody cases end with the mother getting custody.

The people involved in this should be beaten. Oops I guess that is my toxic masculinity speaking
Your toxic masculinity is actually centuries of hunter gather / protector instincts percolating to the surface. Never, ever apologize for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT