ADVERTISEMENT

Anti-Trumpsters

That wasn't the premise of the post to which I responded. You're right, of course, but I have no idea who LC supported in the primary.
I believe you, since I probably didn't say more than a dozen times that my first choice was a Kasich-Rubio ticket and Trump was my penultimate choice (I have an irrational averstion to Rick Santorum).

74602141_3823337041010579_5402078241341046784_n.png

let me help U. got the Hillary thing...but don't recall she was seeking the GOP nomination...need to get the nomination first don't you think. One reason he won the GOP nomination...I'll let you finish it.
This. Every week or two there was a new GOP frontrunner. Eventually, it was Trump's turn. Then he spouted racist s***, and conventional wisdom was that he was finished. But GOP voters were like, "Wait, yeah, the guy who said the racist s***. This is the one we want to stick with." Not Marco, not Cruz, not Jeb. The openly racist guy.

He deserves credit for criminal justice reform. I disagree with his impromptu foreign policy decisions, but some of his decisions to keep us out of certain ME conflicts IMO have been good.

I think he is narcissistic to the nth degree, has borderline personality disorder, and is a terrible leader. But I also believe no POTUS has received as much media scrutiny as he has. Part of that is his own fault with his reckless use of Twitter and e.g. flippantly referring to other people, including foreign leaders, as "losers," but a lot of it is the media being the media.

I also think Democrats have been gone full Mitch McConnell in trying to oppose him on about everything, which is pretty similar to the treatment Obama received. However, Obama got a lot more accomplished while Trump has whined incessantly and blamed others for his failures (e.g. failing to repeal and replace Obamacare).

While I don't believe Trump is any more or less corrupt than many other big-name pols, history will likely regard him as the worst POTUS in our nation's history. And rightfully so.
He pretty much summed up my opinion of Trump. I don't think I could endure another 4 years of his crap.

Reactions: seam
2 main things for me - he knew the Press would pursue him because of his constant lies and history of corruption so he has denigrated one of the main sources of our freedom constantly.

He is a traitor who sides with Putin over all of our institutions and has even told the Russians in that White House meeting in 2017 that he was not concerned with them helping him win elections.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I find him loathsome in every way. I think he's cruel, dishonest, corrupt and stupid. Like, very, very stupid.

There are a handful of things I like out of his administration...some judges, the reform of the Title 9 "dear colleague" letter, criminal justice reform. Most of what does come out to the positive I assume is something he's either too stupid to understand, or to disinterested in to **** up.

I suppose to be super generous, I could give him credit for criminal justice reform as something he might actually have momentarily cared about, even though it's 100% only because he's a star****er and has always been a star****er.

The only thing that I could maybe consider a shred of an ideological respect for is with the premise that the president, or the USA, should be willing to talk to anyone in terms of world leaders. Now, the way he's actually done it has been highly embarrassing and poorly executed and made him and the U.S. look like a joke.

But I am not really a believer in the idea of that a leader or a country, even such as North Korea, should be treated as "frozen out" or just declaring we will not talk with a certain regime. I think you can do it from a position of strength, and all you might have to say is to demand a full renunciation of everything they do and stand for, but I'm not really a fan of the idea that an administration should just refuse to communicate with a given regime out of fear of legitimizing it.

So that's the only think where I think he might have a rumor of a shadow of a kernel of an idea that is worthwhile philosophically.

I've never voted for a democrat in my life.

For a moment, I will try to forget about the fact that he is a bottom of the barrel human that thinks only of himself and the people that love him. It will be hard, but if I only have to do it for a couple of minutes, I will.

What has he really accomplished?

1. A tax cut for the rich that we didn't need.
2. Got us out of the Paris Accord, and replaced it with nothing.
3. Got us out of NAFTA, and replaced it with nothing. Yes, something is in the works.
4. Got us out of the Iran deal, and replaced it with nothing.
5. Has shouted from the rooftops about how awful our immigration laws are, and has done ..... nothing.
6. Has shouted from the rooftops about how awful Obamacare is, and has done ..... nothing.

He nominated some conservative judges. That is super-hard to do. Well done! :rolleyes:

He likes Executive Orders, because otherwise he can't convince anyone to do everything he wants. He decides he knows more than EVERYONE when it comes to troop withdrawal from Syria. He makes friends with dictators - these relationships have gotten the US ... wait for it .... nothing.

Apparently, the military was in shambles when he took over - now it's awesome. Not buying it.

I mean, really, what has the man done, except make up cute nicknames for his many enemies?

I felt from the git go he was a dumbed down PT Barnum, I also believe he truly didn’t expect to win, I felt he looked at the entire campaign as a huge Trump infomercial.
He was/is ill equipped to lead our country and it truly amazes me that he has done almost nothing that benefits the core of his base and he likely wouldn’t piss on them if they were burning in the road, Yet they constantly show signs of idol worship, It is fascinating to watch.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT