ADVERTISEMENT

Any 670 The Score listeners?

Bro D

HB Legend
Nov 17, 2003
I think I may be just about done. Parkins leaving may have been the nail in the coffin. Holmes clearly was fed up with Dan after the Barstool incidient and sounds like he forced his way out of that show (good for him, even though I'm not a huge fan of his)

Granted its Chicago sports so theres not much to be happy about but Mully and Haugh are crazy negative. Dan is a curmudgeon whos been a grumpy old man for the last 5 or so years.

Spiegel is about the only likeable host.. wish they would have partnered him with Grote.

Anywho /csb

The Bernstein stuff.. frickin hilarious. What a toolbag. Portnoy is a douche himself but its nice to see Dan get his for once

ESPN 1000 is much better.

Waddle and Silvy have been the top Chicago sports radio show for over a decade.

Reactions: Bro D
ESPN 1000 is much better.

Waddle and Silvy have been the top Chicago sports radio show for over a decade.
I know a lot of people didn't but I preferred Parkins/Spiegel. Now that Holmes is partnered with him, I'll be making the move to Waddle and Silvy.. i do like them

Reactions: MuscoHawk
Guys I like:
Speigal
Mully
Guys I dislike:
Holmes
Goff
Guy I despise:
Bernsy

Bring back Dan McNeil.

Guys I like:
Speigal
Mully
Guys I dislike:
Holmes
Goff
Guy I despise:
Bernsy

Bring back Dan McNeil.
McNeil had more than 2 chances, right? He keeps self destructing.
Bernstine, I've suffered through him for decades. He keeps killing off partners minus the longtime gig with Terry Boers, who was also a douche bag.

Reactions: mphawk
I listen daily, and have the Audacy app, which is pretty nice. I like to pull up the good looking segments for Bears or Cubs coverage, and High Noon.
I figured Holmes wanted to move on for awhile, but I totally missed the Barstool stuff. Holmes is a pro, so he didn't show it. I am firmly convinced Laila Rahimi would have a bigger role if they hadn't stuck her with Bernstine.
I don't miss Parkins. The guy is a gambling addict. He was fairly new and fresh when he joined the scene, but every story and every angle was about gambling for the last year. Although, I do appreciate the humanity and reality he presented during his brother Brad's illness. His on air performance about sports was tedious. I recognize the impact of gambling, but I still appreciate content about who won and why, and the lamenting after losses. I've never really listened to 1000 because the Score for the most part keeps me entertained and has a great line up of regular guests.

Reactions: torbee
I'm on Dan's side on this one - Barstool is a joke and run by a creep. F--- those guys.
I don't really care about Barstool one way or the other but Dan is the one who came off like a douche on this one. He is a gigantic turd who thinks his shit doesn't stink. He sucks.

Laurence felt the same way it seems

I don't really care about Barstool one way or the other but Dan is the one who came off like a douche on this one. He is a gigantic turd who thinks his shit doesn't stink. He sucks.

Laurence felt the same way it seems
Oh Dan Bernstein is a tremendous douchecanoe - a poor man's Colin Cowherd.

That said, anything Barstool related is lowest common denominator trash for meathead dipshits.

Reactions: Tom Paris

That said, anything Barstool related is lowest common denominator trash for meathead dipshits.
I'm not a fanboy and find a lot of their stuff to be annoying but they do have a few things I like.

PMT is good podcast.. they don't take themselves seriously and I really like Big Cat.

Sundae Conversation is always good for a laugh.

Barstool Advisors for Sunday football betting is dumb but fun

/csb

I think I may be just about done. Parkins leaving may have been the nail in the coffin. Holmes clearly was fed up with Dan after the Barstool incidient and sounds like he forced his way out of that show (good for him, even though I'm not a huge fan of his)

Granted its Chicago sports so theres not much to be happy about but Mully and Haugh are crazy negative. Dan is a curmudgeon whos been a grumpy old man for the last 5 or so years.

Spiegel is about the only likeable host.. wish they would have partnered him with Grote.

Anywho /csb

The Bernstein stuff.. frickin hilarious. What a toolbag. Portnoy is a douche himself but its nice to see Dan get his for once
Could I get Cliffs notes on what the Barstool thing was, and why did it get Holmes upset with Bernstein? I also don't understand why Spiegel calling him Bernstein would piss Dan off. They have to know each other pretty well. Thanks. I listen to the SCORE daily but I missed all of that. I didn't notice Laurence was getting annoyed with Dan either.

Could I get Cliffs notes on what the Barstool thing was, and why did it get Holmes upset with Bernstein? I also don't understand why Spiegel calling him Bernstein would piss Dan off. They have to know each other pretty well. Thanks. I listen to the SCORE daily but I missed all of that. I didn't notice Laurence was getting annoyed with Dan either.
wasnt spiegel that called him bernstein, it was the other guy, barstool eddie.

Barstool Eddie was guest hosting with Spiegel and partnering with 670 for a day. Barstool Eddie is a really nice guy and not a tpyical bro-dude barstool douche.

During the transition, Eddie called him Bernstein (his name) and Dan got weirdly butt hurt about it. Pretty much, Dan has always hated Barstool and if he didnt complain about the name thing, he would have been a douche about something else during that segement.

Portnoy got wind of that reaction and then the wheels fell off on the internet reaction. Barstool people were giving him tons of shit and then Laurence had enough.. didn't do another episode with Dan for two weeks. All the reports are Dan is insufferable and people were pissed that he was such a douche to Barstool because they were the ones helping The Score out.

I think its all stupid but its nice to see Dan get his for once

Barstool Eddie was guest hosting with Spiegel and partnering with 670 for a day. Barstool Eddie is a really nice guy and not a tpyical bro-dude barstool douche.

During the transition, Eddie called him Bernstein (his name) and Dan got weirdly butt hurt about it. Pretty much, Dan has always hated Barstool and if he didnt complain about the name thing, he would have been a douche about something else during that segement.

Portnoy got wind of that reaction and then the wheels fell off on the internet reaction. Barstool people were giving him tons of shit and then Laurence had enough.. didn't do another episode with Dan for two weeks. All the reports are Dan is insufferable and people were pissed that he was such a douche to Barstool because they were the ones helping The Score out.

I don't discount that Holmes wanted to move on, but I am pretty sure he said a week prior that he was going on vacation. I don't know it's accurate to say he took time off purely to get away from DB

I don't discount that Holmes wanted to move on, but I am pretty sure he said a week prior that he was going on vacation. I don't know it's accurate to say he took time off purely to get away from DB
He had oral surgery for the first week but continued to do podcasts and other things the following week while Harris was filling in (auditioning)

I can't believe Dan has too many friends. Nobody speaks nicely about him other than Terry Boers. He is one of the most arrogant snobs I have ever heard. Though he did introduce me to Cameron Hughes wine. :)

I can't believe Dan has too many friends. Nobody speaks nicely about him other than Terry Boers. He is one of the most arrogant snobs I have ever heard. Though he did introduce me to Cameron Hughes wine. :)
I never had a problem with him back in the day. He was always a good interviewer and is one of the few on the station that really knows Bulls basketball.. but he's really trurned in to a grump over the last 5+ years while thinking he's better than everyone else. Mix that in with his weird grammar police schtick.. weird guy.

Fond memories of my years in Chicago in the mid 2000's with Boers and Bernstein and "Who you Crappin" and Mac, Jurko, and Harry. Both great afternoon drivetime shows. Plus Mike North, in the mornings. It was so "Chicago."

Reactions: poophawk and Bro D
I never had a problem with him back in the day. He was always a good interviewer and is one of the few on the station that really knows Bulls basketball.. but he's really trurned in to a grump over the last 5+ years while thinking he's better than everyone else. Mix that in with his weird grammar police schtick.. weird guy.
To me it has more to do with him constantly reminding people he went to Duke, and that 20+ years ago he covered the Bulls splashed with constant drops that he knows lots of insiders who are talking to him.

Fond memories of my years in Chicago in the mid 2000's with Boers and Bernstein and "Who you Crappin" and Mac, Jurko, and Harry. Both great afternoon drivetime shows. Plus Mike North, in the mornings. It was so "Chicago."
Who Ya Crappin in its prime was the best. Southside Pimp!

Not anymore, too many of their hosts became unlikeable pricks, and their sports takes and knowledge are mostly bad. Bernstein is just an awful human being full of self hate that he takes out on others.
Podcasts during the commute for me exclusively now.

Laila Rahimi and Lawrence Holmes would have been great together. Bernstein is fine as long as he sticks to sports.

You’re nothing more than a K-Mart Dan Bernstein.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT