ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Talk Radio - What do you listen to?

Bro D

HR Legend
Nov 17, 2003
What do you all listen to? I've always been a 670 guy.. but other than Spiegel/Parkins, I cannot stand anybody else on the network these days. Mully/Haugh are the most negative people ever.. all they do is complain. Bernstein and Holmes are better than them.. but are so full of themselves its tough to listen to at times. Holmes has gone way down hill the last 5 years. Bernstein, when not completely full of himself, can be a good interviewer and knows his stuff.. but his douche-level is often times through the roof.

Big fan of Spiegel and Parkins but by that point in the day, I usually don't listen to too much Sports Talk.

If you listen to sports talk, what do you all listen to during the morning/day?

I listen to the Dan Patrick Show daily during work. Usually the podcast version so I can skip all the commercials. Hardly ever listed to sports talk when in the car. The local shows here in Tampa are ok at best. I prefer the national view anyway.

What do you all listen to? I've always been a 670 guy.. but other than Spiegel/Parkins, I cannot stand anybody else on the network these days. Mully/Haugh are the most negative people ever.. all they do is complain. Bernstein and Holmes are better than them.. but are so full of themselves its tough to listen to at times. Holmes has gone way down hill the last 5 years. Bernstein, when not completely full of himself, can be a good interviewer and knows his stuff.. but his douche-level is often times through the roof.

Big fan of Spiegel and Parkins but by that point in the day, I usually don't listen to too much Sports Talk.

If you listen to sports talk, what do you all listen to during the morning/day?
I listen to all of these guys. Totally agree about all of this. I actually texted Bernstein and Holmes when they said something false about Caitlin Clark - that she made that gesture AT Van Lith, and Laurence basically called me a racist back in a text. So yeah, working with Dan turns people into buttholes.

I rarely listen to sports talk on the radio as I kinda live out in the country and the only station in my area is pretty weak. When I lived closer in town and I could pick it up they had Clay Travis from 7 til 9 a.m. so that was a hard no. Then Rich Eisen from 10 til noon which I enjoyed followed by Dan Patrick 'til 3 pm.Of whom I am a big fan. Then a local show from3 'til 7 wich was basically a trumpet for VSU and UGA/SEC stuff. Then after that they had Braves games inseason. Nowadays I mostly watch FS1 shows like Skip and Shannon early even though I despise Skip Bayless. Then I'll watch the Herd and First Things First on the early afternoon. Then pick up ATH andPTI later.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I listen to all of these guys. Totally agree about all of this. I actually texted Bernstein and Holmes when they said something false about Caitlin Clark - that she made that gesture AT Van Lith, and Laurence basically called me a racist back in a text. So yeah, working with Dan turns people into buttholes.
HAHA. CSB- I was listening to Bernstein and whomever it was he was working with at the time. They were interviewing a game warden from Florida as the discussion was about all the disappearing wildlife in the Everglades. Game Warden said it was due to ferral cats, not pythons. Some guy called in and called Bernstein out for agreeing with game warden, and Bernstein went off on the guy.

I thought about emailing him but figured it wasn't worth the time.

Pat McAfee is the go to
Dan LeBatard for something different.
Dan once in awhile.

Listen to Murph and Andy here in DSM almost every day. Less so for the other two book end shows and never to the Morning Rush.

We’re actually pretty blessed to have as much sports radio in a city like Des Moines as we do even if I don’t like all the shows.

I never listen to national shows because I don’t care about the pros.

Reactions: NI hawk and thewop
I listen on XM so I switch around a lot, as I usually am in the car before Dan Patrick comes on.
Morning Sports Talk radio is not very good.
ESPN Keyshawn, Jay, and Max is awful
Fox- 2 pros and a cup of Joe( Brady Quinn and Lavarr Arrington) terrible
Mad Dog Schein on Sports- No
NBC Sports Audio -Pro Football Talk with Mike Florio- This show has Chris Simms as a cohost, who is the worst of the worst. How this guy stays employed as an analyst in any capacity is unbelievable.

PGA Tour and ACC I usually listen to in the am

Don't listen to the radio but my go-to sports podcasts are:

Lebatard Show
Pardon My Take
Mina Kimes
First Draft
Russillo
SVP
Stupodity/God Bless Football
Gojo

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
I have been about “sports talk show’d” out. I do enjoy MLB highlights in the mornings and a couple of their afternoon talk shows are tolerable for small periods of time. I do enjoy post Iowa football game “Sound Off”....it IS GOD’s favorite football call-in show....Iowa fans are as bucking futz as any one else’s fans...win or lose BUT especially after a loss!
I’m the one laughing my ass off in the front seat driving westward home from Iowa City.

Reactions: Bro D
I have been about “sports talk show’d” out. I do enjoy MLB highlights in the mornings and a couple of their afternoon talk shows are tolerable for small periods of time. I do enjoy post Iowa football game “Sound Off”....it IS GOD’s favorite football call-in show....Iowa fans are as bucking futz as any one else’s fans...win or lose BUT especially after a loss!
I’m the one laughing my ass off in the front seat driving westward home from Iowa City.
I am so over listening to them complaining about the sox. Morning show is the absolute worst

XM - Movin‘ the Chains with Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller is the best sports talk show on Radio or TV. No hot takes, just great information, X’s and O’s, good player and front office interviews. Most of the callers aren’t complete morons and the ones who are morons are at least entertaining.

I do still like Dan Patrick, and Pat McAfee from time to time. Some of the shows on the XM college station are ok too.

We shall see on Pat when he moves to ESPN. Pacman was on there talking about Ja Morant and 4 F bombs real quick. It was great. Mickey Mouse won’t let that happen.

Kxno morning rush with Travis and Ross
Usually murph and Andy,
sometimes heather and Shawn

Kxno is on iheart app, so I listen to that, even though I'm in VA.

Dan Patrick and occasionally Mike Florio.

The local stuff on KXNO feels like a 24/7 infomercial for sports betting and local breweries.

Reactions: NI hawk
Spiegel and Parkins are my least favorite show on the Score. The Score is getting stale. I somewhat enjoy Waddle and Silvy on ESPN 1000, but take them in small doses.

Cook and Joe from 93.7 the Fan in PIT. Their Monday show with local Bob Pompeani is a good listen.
Poni and Mueller are a good second choice for me.

I listen to Miller and Condon.
Murph and Andy.
The Drive if there is going to be talk about Iowa. They both can be rather annoying.

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
They are crazy negative. Drives me crazy when they’re talking about the Bears.
Drives me insane. Complain about edge rushers constantly. Obviously the Bears need it but I guarantee if they would have signed one or two, they would have complained about the contracts, or just complained about another position that needed help. Mully is sooooo negative all the time. Haugh has gone downhill very quick, it started after all the pushback he got from fans with his Harbaugh man-crush, and then being anti-tanking.. now he just takes the opposite view pretty much on everything. Weiderer and Arkush complete the Mt Rushmore of negative Bears people.

I don’t really listen it’s just there. I got tired of music radio and just have it on for noise.

Drives me insane. Complain about edge rushers constantly. Obviously the Bears need it but I guarantee if they would have signed one or two, they would have complained about the contracts, or just complained about another position that needed help. Mully is sooooo negative all the time. Haugh has gone downhill very quick, it started after all the pushback he got from fans with his Harbaugh man-crush, and then being anti-tanking.. now he just takes the opposite view pretty much on everything. Weiderer and Arkush complete the Mt Rushmore of negative Bears people.
You just hit on the one thing that drives me nuts lately with them. They say the Bears have "so many holes", and then whine that Poles didn't fix all of them in one offseason. God forbid they could mention that he actually turned their linebacking corps into a strength, addressed stopping the run, and improved the oline and WR room. Next offseason...if he doesn't make a trade...will be about taking care of the edge.

Bears fans make me crazy because they can't grasp this is a process and expect every single pick to hit and every weakness to be taken care of in an offseason or Poles sucks.

Reactions: Bro D
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT