ADVERTISEMENT

Any mafia aficionados or historians here on HBOT?

I have not. I'll have to check it out.
It's the history of the Irish mafia versus the Italian mafia in Chicago. It's also Paul Newman's last movie. Hanks and Jude Law are excellent.

There is also one season of Fargo, the TV version, which depicts the Italian versus the Irish in Kansas City.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Here's a home video of Roy DeMeo and his crew. They were part of the Gambino Crime Family in the 1970's.

They used to lure their victims to a bar named the "Gemini Lounge" which was owned by Roy DeMeo. It had an apartment in the back. Ironically, it's now a Church.

As soon as the victim entered the apartment, Roy would shoot them in the head with a pistol with a silencer on it. Then he would wrap a towel around the head to stop the blood flow and would hang the body upside down in the shower for an hour to drain the blood. Then they would lay the body on a tarp, cut off the arms, legs and head, put them in trash bags and cardboard boxes then they would drop it off at the Fountain Avenue dump and they would never be found. Roy's motto was "no body, no crime."

They killed and dismembered 200+ people possibly. They made $500,000 a week stealing cars, selling drugs and killing people.

The book "Murder Machine" is about them.

I have a buddy from high school who went to Brown in Providence, RI, for his undergrad degree. Lots of people don’t know that was a seriously mobbed up town. He came home from class one day and his apartment had been emptied out. He called the cops to make a police report and he called his landlord to complain about security in the building. His landlord was oddly specific about what was taken and seemed irritated according to my friend. The next day he came home from class and all of his stuff had been returned. It was sitting in a pile in the middle of the living room.
Turns out the landlord was paying protection money and raised Hell, and the mob guys tracked down my friend’s stuff. I assume they messed up the thieves, too.

I have a buddy from high school who went to Brown in Providence, RI, for his undergrad degree. Lots of people don’t know that was a seriously mobbed up town. He came home from class one day and his apartment had been emptied out. He called the cops to make a police report and he called his landlord to complain about security in the building. His landlord was oddly specific about what was taken and seemed irritated according to my friend. The next day he came home from class and all of his stuff had been returned. It was sitting in a pile in the middle of the living room.
Turns out the landlord was paying protection money and raised Hell, and the mob guys tracked down my friend’s stuff. I assume they messed up the thieves, too.

Wow.

What year was that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT