ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on Daviyon Nixon

Proud2baHawk

Rookie
Feb 26, 2018
Last I heard he was exploring the transfer portal and had some potential "academic issues". Anyone have any updates?

Nothing new at this juncture. Sounds like his football future is in the universitys hands at least here at Iowa. KF still hoping he gets cleared and joins them.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_12
Kirk was asked in his signing day presser:

Q. Another signing day -- while you were talking about transfers and stuff, any update on Daviyon Nixon and his situation?

COACH FERENTZ: We're still hoping he'll be on our football team. That's our goal and our hopes. Let time dictate.

Nothing new at this juncture. Sounds like his football future is in the universitys hands at least here at Iowa. KF still hoping he gets cleared and joins them.
What? Hasn't he been on the team since last year and red shirted this past year? He put his name into the portal, so he must be ON the team.

What? Hasn't he been on the team since last year and red shirted this past year? He put his name into the portal, so he must be ON the team.
He has not been practicing since mid fall time. Never said he wasn't on the team, although in a sense he is not right now.

So if I’m understanding it right. He wants to be on the team. There is a reason holding him back from the team. To have his options open he is talking to other schools.

If it was a university issue or a Coker issue like some people have said, I would find it hard to believe a different team would take him in. Especially in the current climate.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_12
People are over analyzing all this. I have heard he is an enjoyable young man to be around with good character. Hopefully, he will be on he team. Issues like these cannot be discussed by coaches. He has to meet academic criteria to be eligible. Meeting these criteria can be more difficult for some than it is for others, even if good effort and commitment is made.

The issue holding him back has been rumored on these boards not to be academic. Lots of recent and past discusssion on these boards if you do a search.

So if I’m understanding it right. He wants to be on the team. There is a reason holding him back from the team. To have his options open he is talking to other schools.

If it was a university issue or a Coker issue like some people have said, I would find it hard to believe a different team would take him in. Especially in the current climate.
ISU just signed an armed burglar.....

A couple of HR podcasts ago it was mentioned there was situation of some kind took place in a dorm involving Nixon. The event occurred last October. No details were given as to exactly what transpired. As I understood it Nixon is still a student at Iowa but not with the team.

Interesting that Daviyon Nixon remains on the Hawkeye online roster, while others who have entered the transfer portal immediately had their names stricken.

Interesting that Daviyon Nixon remains on the Hawkeye online roster, while others who have entered the transfer portal immediately had their names stricken.

That is interesting. The other thing I will say is that KF never backs the guys that have broken the law, but makes a comment like, “this person is no longer a member in good standing on the team.”

The one time I remember where he backed a player was the incident with Adrian Clayborn the summer before his senior year. There were charges brought against him for disturbing the peace or “road rage,” or something like that... well Kirk looks into it and finds that while Adrian did get out of his car and attempt to smack another motorist, the real story is that while sitting at a stoplight, this other motorist starts calling him names - racial names/slurs etc... including the n-word.

Kirk knows Clayborn well enough that he wouldn’t go off on someone unprovoked, and after asking the police and other witnesses, decides not to punish Clayborn at all. Eventually, the charges are dismissed after witnesses corroborated Adrian ‘s story.

Bottom line here, is that Kirk is still supporting Nixon after having had time to check into this matter himself. I think that is a good sign, but I am still not counting on Nixon ever playing a down for us.

Irrelevant. I was not referring to forcible rape in which the woman says no. Obviously that is a heinous crime. I was referring to the more common occurance in these University setting where two individuals get drunk, have sex, enjoy it, and then one of them regrets it later and claims they were "raped." Then it is settled in university kangaroo courts that inherently favor the accuser while placing the burden of proof on the accused. This is fabricated "rape culture." And ironically the biggest victim of this PC nonsense is African American males. If you want to see a real "rape culture" go to Afghanistan or Somolia.

I'll take 'Dumbest things ever written on a message board' for $2,000 Alex.

What planet have you been living on? The accusers almost always are the ones with everything stacked against them.

What planet have you been living on? The accusers almost always are the ones with everything stacked against them.

The rest of this thread must have been deleted, including my post. So I will just say I concur with this post. That is unbelievably ignorant.

It's best imo to not count on Mr Nixon suiting up for Iowa. :(
Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

Nope. In the court of law, yes. Because we have something called "innocent until proven guilty" in the United States. Not true in Universities where the burden of proof is much much less, and a simple accusation is enough to cause someone major problems.

Nope. In the court of law, yes. Because we have something called "innocent until proven guilty" in the United States. Not true in Universities where the burden of proof is much much less, and a simple accusation is enough to cause someone major problems.

God you're dumb. Nine out of 10 sexual assault victims on college campuses don't report the assault. If their path was so clean and burden of proof was so much less, why aren't they reporting the assault?

That's a rhetorical question, I don't expect an answer. I know you'd first need to check with Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade to tell you what to say, who would just tell you how biased and left-leaning the National Sexual Violence Resource Center is.

Dumbass.

That is interesting. The other thing I will say is that KF never backs the guys that have broken the law, but makes a comment like, “this person is no longer a member in good standing on the team.”

The one time I remember where he backed a player was the incident with Adrian Clayborn the summer before his senior year. There were charges brought against him for disturbing the peace or “road rage,” or something like that... well Kirk looks into it and finds that while Adrian did get out of his car and attempt to smack another motorist, the real story is that while sitting at a stoplight, this other motorist starts calling him names - racial names/slurs etc... including the n-word.

Kirk knows Clayborn well enough that he wouldn’t go off on someone unprovoked, and after asking the police and other witnesses, decides not to punish Clayborn at all. Eventually, the charges are dismissed after witnesses corroborated Adrian ‘s story.

Bottom line here, is that Kirk is still supporting Nixon after having had time to check into this matter himself. I think that is a good sign, but I am still not counting on Nixon ever playing a down for us.

Great post. I think you're correct.

God you're dumb. Nine out of 10 sexual assault victims on college campuses don't report the assault. If their path was so clean and burden of proof was so much less, why aren't they reporting the assault?

**Trigger warning** That's because the majority of those cases aren't actually rape. They are two college kids getting drunk, enjoying themselves, and then one of them regrets it later. Half the time they don't even remember what happened themselves, but when asked in a survey they say "yeah sure I was assaulted." Real legitimate rape is not that common on college campuses. When it does happen, it is generally reported and taken seriously by the police, as it should be.

The honest truth is that this type of situation is hard on both parties involved; the accuser and the accused. Yes there are legitimate cases of assault, but there are also many cases in which the accuser is not being totally truthful.

v4jFv2

Sjw+triggered+sorry+for+hurting+your+feelings+enjoy+your+black+_f1aa88501df3da82e397e4f79febf376.jpg

PS- There are only two genders.

Last edited:
**Trigger warning** That's because the majority of those cases aren't actually rape. They are two college kids getting drunk, enjoying themselves, and then one of them regrets it later. Half the time they don't even remember what happened themselves, but when asked in a survey they say "yeah sure I was assaulted." Real legitimate rape is not that common on college campuses. When it does happen, it is generally reported and taken seriously by the police, as it should be.

The honest truth is that this type of situation is hard on both parties involved; the accuser and the accused. Yes there are legitimate cases of assault, but there are also many cases in which the accuser is not being totally truthful.

v4jFv2

Sjw+triggered+sorry+for+hurting+your+feelings+enjoy+your+black+_f1aa88501df3da82e397e4f79febf376.jpg

I bet you’re glad sheep can’t talk.

Reactions: owenhawk

v4jFv2

Im sure that clown probably still believes Columbia mattress girl.

v4jFv2

I suppose that you also believe that a girl has fun, even if she is passed out drunk, correct? Or maybe so incoherently drunk that she didn't really know what was going on? She was just drunk and having fun? I also suppose that you would say that it would be her fault then. That if she didn't want it, she shouldn't drink? Kind of a weird double standard, but seems to be the case because of people who think like you and let that thought process influence their actions. I am the father of a son, who is in college. I have taught him that he needs to assess whether a girl is too drunk to consent. I have also told him that if you have to ask the question, she is. It is not a hard concept. Just because a girl goes to a party and "has a good time", doesn't mean that she is up for anything, including a group of guys taking turns "having fun". I do not know what is happening with Daviyon. As far as I know, he is just struggling with classes. I am only concerned with the belief system that you have decided to publicize. It is not something you should be proud of. I believe it is time for boys to become men and stop trying to blame their own deeds on other people and take responsibility for their own actions.

Reactions: dbrocket
Kind of a weird double standard, but seems to be the case because of people who .............. I believe it is time for boys to become men and stop trying to blame their own deeds on other people and take responsibility for their own actions.
Could not the same thing be said about girls???? Just asking..... Girls could go too far, fall down steps and get hurt, stagger into the street and get hit by a car. Bad things happen when you are drunk.

Could not the same thing be said about girls???? Just asking..... Girls could go too far, fall down steps and get hurt, stagger into the street and get hit by a car. Bad things happen when you are drunk.

True, but that doesn't give anyone the right to assault them. If I use that logic then I can also rob you when your drunk without responsibility because "bad things happen when your drunk".

WTF

That is true, but unless you are suggesting women shouldn’t be aloud to drink, getting raped while drunk is not the drunk person’s fault. I’m not sure apples and oranges can explain the difference between being drunk and having an accident, to being drunk and getting raped. Hopefully that wasn’t something you thought through.

Also, Nixon needs a new thread.

Reactions: meatloaf55

Also, and I don't totally disagree that everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions, but we wouldn't say the same thing if a young man was sexually assaulted. Would we even discuss the fact that he was drunk, or passed out? I also have a 16 year old daughter. I teach her that she cannot go "have fun" with alcohol without her friends. I teach her that she shouldn't dress provocatively when at a party. I teach her to never do things alone. I teach her that she always has to be aware of her surroundings. She knows that she cannot trust guys to do the right thing. She knows that she cannot leave a drink unattended, or even turn her back on it for a moment. She knows that she cannot accept a drink that has been pre-opened from a guy. The other day she said that while at a stop light there were to guys looking at her. She said that they then started following her and scared her, as she was alone at the time. She drove to my work and the guys drove on. She told me the story and ended it with, "tis the life of a female". She is not incorrect. As a husband, and father, you can't help but notice that the world is inherently more dangerous for young women. Why? Because of men who see them as toys. Play things that they can use and abuse at their own whims, taking no responsibility for the harm they cause. Unfortunately, the "rape culture" people talk about is more about the people who justify the behavior by standing up for it and trying to blame the victim instead of the person who is the aggressor.

I am the father of a son, who is in college. I have taught him that he needs to assess whether a girl is too drunk to consent.

I agree with that from a practical perspective. But the problem is there is a lot of grey area. That is where people get in trouble. Also it is my personal belief that you should be legally able to consent to that activity almost nomatter how drunk you are. It should not be the other person's responsibility to determine if you are too drunk. It is your decision, it is your life, and if you decide to get really drunk and willingly have sex that is your choice. Other people shouldn't have to pay for your decisions to willingly engage in activity even while drunk. An exception would be if the person is so far gone that they are physically incapable of saying "no." In that case it should be assault.

Also I have witnessed someone that was almost totally sober accuse a college athlete of sexual assualt. He was vindicated by the police, but only after he was already kicked off the sports team and out of the school. There are many many examples of this happening around the country.

Reactions: RHBar
This thread got super gross. The bottom line is, if someone did not or could not consent, it is rape. That applies to everyone, regardless of gender or sexuality. And people fighting against rape culture* absolutely fight against men being assaulted, as well. It just happens less often, because girls are not raised the same way as boys.

Back to the topic: I hope Mr. Nixon didn't do that. If he did, I hope he never plays football again. But, we don't even know what, if anything, he's accused of right now.

*Rape culture refers to attitudes about sex that lead to a high incidence of rape. Normalizing things like having boys pressure girls into sex, teaching boys to assume consent, or even assuming a dynamic where boys try to 'get' girls and girls try not to sleep with boys can lead to rape even when the dude isn't intending to rape anyone. And the experience for the victim is the same, whether or not it is intentional.

For example, a group of guys thinks they are having sex with a woman. They never asked if she was okay with it. They certainly never asked if she was okay with each successive guy. They think it was sex. She, on the other hand, was in a room with multiple dudes much stronger than her, being sexually aggressive and was afraid, and froze up, couldn't even manage a 'no' or a 'stop.' That's rape. And that sort of situation (even with 1 dude, that fear can be there) is why people are trying to teach people to seek explicit, enthusiastic consent.

And, yes, that same scenario can and does happen with a man as a victim of a woman. But it's less common, because girls aren't taught to be sexual aggressors and because men are, on average, less afraid of physical violence from women.

Reactions: TC_Hawk
I wasn't saying that rape is ok. However, when drunk, aren't your normal inhibitions sometimes lowered? So you get started having sex and either midway, or maybe even afterwards think 'what did I just do'? So now claim rape.
I absolutely think if force is used, it is rape. What I described above is the fuzzy gray area.

Reactions: speed4power
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT