ADVERTISEMENT

Any sportswriters or others getting first hand reports from spring practice?

I'm still trying to rationalize in my own mind what KFZ' mindset was. As I've previously stated, no coach or dad would ever, ever allow what happened to Brian happen to any of his coaches or sons. Did I say ever? But he did. He had pretty much already given the offense "a pass on 2023" after Cade went down. At the very least I would've expected him to boldly proclaim any issues with the offense was on him, not the offensive coaches. He had to find a way to make it play out different but he didn't. In fact he didn't do anything different (which in itself isn't a surprise). I guess all I can say is that I would never have allowed any of that to go down. If someone is going to be publicly shamed and humiliated, it would be me. I just hope with a clean slate, maybe things will change.

Nate told us that there is NO QB development at Iowa. That is why he and others went outside for a QB coach. Nate said Iowa only teaches the Xs and Os and no mechanics etc. The QBs come to Iowa with valid stats but then just languish here it seems. Regression has been pointed out many times over the years. It is not all on the QBs we have brought in.
I would call it coaching malfeasance for Iowa coaches or any coached to not work on player mechanics if they see something that is amiss. Hell I can see that Deacon Hill's windup is way too long, way to low by his thighs, etc to make him a consistently good passer.

If this is true it is terrible that the coaches are getting paid this kind of money. Brian as a QB coach, yeah right

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT