ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else hearing the rumor =

Herkey Ohio

Scout Team
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2018
James Franklin to USC? Some people I work with said that they heard this rumor this weekend. (Ohio State Fans)

Has anybody heard this?

Fan created rumor. Why would he give up a top 10 team at a blue blood for a lateral move to a crappy blue blood?

He is from PA.

This is even less true than Deion to Florida State. USC would only be appealing to Franklin if he had his eyes on the Rams job, which he doesn’t.

That's not why people are leaving.
The population has grown for 20 years straight through 2018 and now is at 40 million. Some have left because of the high cost of living. Some because of politics and laws. I love Iowa and will be back in two weeks hunting pheasants. But I live in the foothills of the Sierras and it is Pardise.

The population has grown for 20 years straight through 2018 and now is at 40 million. Some have left because of the high cost of living. Some because of politics and laws. I love Iowa and will be back in two weeks hunting pheasants. But I live in the foothills of the Sierras and it is Pardise.
Don’t bother coming back, there’s no pheasants in Iowa anymore.

You're not far from me. Yes, some people are leaving for various reasons, but obviously others are more than replacing.

Back to Franklin, the weather here sure beats Pennsylvania (not to mention Iowa), so that would one incentive for him to take the job.

Why wouldn't he leave?? Lateral move as a program, who would live in State College vs. LA. When you are the coach there and you are successful, you are a celebrity (remember Pete Carroll hanging out with models?). Not to mention, you wouldn't have to beat your head against the wall every year trying to beat Ohio State.You could also be the best program in California, one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country.

Reminds me of when George Raveling left Iowa for USC, which was a nothing in basketball at the time. Simply a better lifestyle.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye

Paradise is in Butte County, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
Why wou8ld anybody want to move to CA, people are leaving in droves.

CA is fantastic if you are uber wealthy, like Franklin is/will be.

He can live at the beach, enjoy the weather and have plenty to pay their insatiable taxes.

He will need some noise cancelling head phones for the bat $hit crazy politics.

USC has incredible recruiting advantages and is a storied program but recently a rudderless ship. They have insane amounts of money to support, so dont under estimate what they could offer him.

Last edited:
Why wou8ld anybody want to move to CA, people are leaving in droves.
Iowa/Penn weather November through March, for one. They are leaving because it's too crowded since so many people want to live there. Not complicated.

One big drawback to coaching in LA is the cost of living. The head coach’s salary will cover it and maybe coordinators. But most assistants will be living pretty thin.

CA is turning into a third world liberal shit hole....maybe already is.

Third world...?

giphy.gif

Franklin was talked about being the replacement at USC on ESPNU Radio several times recently.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them target Franklin if they can't get Meyer but I don't think Franklin would leave. He is a Pennsylvania guy.

You're not far from me. Yes, some people are leaving for various reasons, but obviously others are more than replacing.

Back to Franklin, the weather here sure beats Pennsylvania (not to mention Iowa), so that would one incentive for him to take the job.
Do you really think Franklin would take such a risky career move because of the weather? I’ve never been to his house, but I bet the HVAC system works fine. And he probably spends enough time in Texas and Florida to avoid the worst of the Pennsylvania winter.
The morons at ESPN don’t have a clue. Don’t believe a word of what they say. Being first is far more important to them than being correct. So much so that being wrong doesn’t even register as something to avoid.

Iowa/Penn weather November through March, for one. They are leaving because it's too crowded since so many people want to live there. Not complicated.

I left because of the high cost of living, long commutes, pollution, yes overcrowded, homeless problem, high crime, poor schools, dumb fire management policies, dumb wildlife conservation policies. Drug epidemic.

California is losing its once fat middle class population but they are not replacing them with middle class college educated people. Over half my office of people making between $80,000 - $190,000 a year either transferred to another state or found work in other states. I moved my family to a Western Rocky Mtn. state. We bought a much larger house. Live in a great school system. I'm 5 mins from the closest mountain trout stream and 35mins from an international airport. Its paradise. My wife who is teacher told me the school system is night and day different from Cali.

Just last year the company I used to work for closed up shop and moved to Texas. They kept losing all the best employees and as a result the company was struggling. Many other businesses packed up and moved too. Same is happening in New York as well.

Franklin is an ego-maniac, and a perfect fit for the L.A./Hollywood/Beach scene. Plus, he'd dominate the PAC-12, and get to play Big Ten opponents annually in the Rose Bowl (at worse). I can see this happening.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Interesting Auger. I too had friends sell their business, and move to a less problematic state.

Franklin is an ego-maniac, and a perfect fit for the L.A./Hollywood/Beach scene. Plus, he'd dominate the PAC-12, and get to play Big Ten opponents annually in the Rose Bowl (at worse). I can see this happening.
What makes you say he's an ego-maniac?

And he isn’t second fiddle to tOSU and Michigan every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT