ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody have the Over in Wake Forest/Army?

TJ8869

HB King
Dec 7, 2006
I was looking through the box score on this doozy and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Wake won, 70-56. The two teams combined for 49 points in the first half and 77 more in the second half. The O/U was 54. Each team covered that by itself. There were five touchdowns scored during a 6:22 stretch in the third quarter.

Wake racked up 638 yard of total offense despite possessing the ball just 17:17. Army tallied 595 yards, including 416 rushing, and racked up 31 first downs. Wake gained an average of 12.3 yards every time they snapped the ball. Army averaged 7.2 yards per play.

There was one punt in the entire game, by Army. Wake had one drive that ended on downs and they ran out the final 39 seconds of the game after recovering an onside kick. They scored a touchdown on each of their other 9 possessions, plus had a pick six. Their average possession lasted 94 seconds.

Reactions: Moral
Should I be concerned that Army couldn’t put up a better defense? They looked like the French.

Should I be concerned that Army couldn’t put up a better defense? They looked like the French.
As long as we don't get invaded by the Montreal Alouettes or the Ottawa Redblacks, I think we'll be okay.

I was wondering how often both teams individually go over the O/U. Can't be very common.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT