ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Star Tribune. Good Read.

After 30 years of driving, I’m still 0fer on getting nailed for this crime.🙂

they will find you

they will catch you

Car Chase Police GIF

I was fairly impressed with their level of fan support that showed up for this game and they were into it until 3rd quarter. Was a fun time from our standpoint being there.
PJ certainly sounds like a douche often but his post press conference actually was pretty reasonable. He gave Iowa a lot of credit, took the blame for not having his team ready for the full 60 minutes and made it a point to thank the fans for turning out like they did.

Minnesota has:

Michigan L
USC L
UCLA
Maryland
Illinois L
Rutgers L
Penn St L
Wisconsin

I see 3 wins at most in there. They could very well stay home in the post season. That would have been 2 years in a row if not for last year's gimme. PJ will be on the hot seat.

EDIT: I think it would take sub .500 this year and another to put him on the hot seat. He won 11, 9, 9 games in 2019, 2021, 2022...pretty rare air for Minnesota. He has the second highest win % of any Gopher coach in the last 100 years. I think that buys him some time.
KF what ever he is doing to the Big 10 schedule guy or gal, keep doing it
Look at Hawks this year's easy schedule .. featuring 6 of the worst teams in the conference!
at OSU L (big loss)
Wash W Huskies stink in rebuild year
at Sparty W Sparty is bad
N'west W terrible team
Whisky W at home Whisky bad
at UCLA worthless team KF wins a Rose Bowl after 25 years, sort of
at Maryland L back to back road games too much for KF, he will complain to Big 10 so never happens again
Nebby L Huskers have a qb
Toilet Bowl vs 8-5 blah SEC team L 0-35

8-4 about right, even with easy schedule. Probably last winning season for quite awhile.

His extension is both absurd, and appropriate relative to peer coaches/programs.

Does sixth/seventh in the B1G not seem about right?

I think it was Bowlsby that correctly said, the only thing worse than being in the “arms race,” is not being in the arms race.
Exactly, and THAT'S the point. What Kirk makes or his buyout has to be looked at relative to his peers especially those in the B1G. Anyone who can't see that he's most certainly NOT overpaid as it relates to the leagues other coaches is simply pissing in the wind...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT