ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody remember Drew Ott

Jul 9, 2019
I believe that if he hadn't gotten injured in 2015, he would have been a 1st or 2nd round draft pick and may have been viewed as a much of a key to the defense as Josey and desmond were. On the Brightside we were introduced to his back up who did happen to be Parker Hesse

Of course everybody remembers him it was just a few years ago....not 30.

I saw him more as a 4th or 5th rounder think a better college player than NFL.

I believe that if he hadn't gotten injured in 2015, he would have been a 1st or 2nd round draft pick and may have been viewed as a much of a key to the defense as Josey and desmond were. On the Brightside we were introduced to his back up who did happen to be Parker Hesse
I don't remember him being THAT dominant, though he certainly was a good player.

I don't remember him being THAT dominant, though he certainly was a good player.

He would have had an epic year. Already had 5 sacks in limited action. Played a key role at Wisc with only one arm.

Maybe the saddest case I can remember of an injury not only destroying a season but also an NFL future.

Last edited:
He was putting up impressive numbers as a SR ... when he was healthy. Had he remained healthy ... he could have perhaps climbed up to around a 3rd round pick. However, otherwise, as an earlier poster indicated ... he was more likely to have landed as a 4th or 5th round pick. Of course, the nature of his injuries made it hard for him to get the NFL looks ... even as an unsigned free-agent.

If he was a first or second round draft pick an injury wouldn’t have kept him out of the nfl..

If he was a first or second round draft pick an injury wouldn’t have kept him out of the nfl..
yeah I can see that I didn't completely think that through. Still if he had been healthy I could of seen him as a 3rd or 4th now that I'm thinking right. But the main point I made was the lack of his leadership. Once he went down we didn't have that leader on the D-line that we usually have. That is ultimately what we missed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT