ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been to Samoa or Rarotonga?

pink shizzle

HR Legend
Mar 1, 2007
Long Beach
I'll be going to Australia in August to play some rugby and for a vacation. Before coming back to the US I plan on checking out either Samoa or Rarotonga (Cook Islands) for a couple days.

Suggestions for one location over the other? Or any positive/negative things to say about either in your experiences?

TIA!

American Samoa is supposed to be poor with bad infrastructure. You might have more fun on the cook islands. Why have you removed fiji off your list?

American Samoa is supposed to be poor with bad infrastructure. You might have more fun on the cook islands. Why have you removed fiji off your list?
I meant Samoa, not American Samoa.

It's only going to be for a couple days (gotta fly home for a friend's wedding) and I figure I'd rather spend more time in Fiji than that.

Reactions: GOHOX69
I meant Samoa, not American Samoa.

It's only going to be for a couple days (gotta fly home for a friend's wedding) and I figure I'd rather spend more time in Fiji than that.
Gotcha. I've been to Aus but people there never mentioned Samoa as a vacation destination. I did hear that the Cook Islands were nice by some Australians who had vacationed there. It's the south Pacific. I'm sure you'll have fun.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Gotcha. I've been to Aus but people there never mentioned Samoa as a vacation destination. I did hear that the Cook Islands were nice by some Australians who had vacationed there. It's the south Pacific. I'm sure you'll have fun.
The only people that have told me to hit up Samoa are my Samoan friends. From what I've read online, people suggest Rarotonga which is the direction I'm leaning towards.

You're right though, most certainly will have fun at either destination.

Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT