ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone buy a used Harley, lately?

unsubstantiated

HR All-American
Oct 21, 2004
I would not be caught dead on one of their pieces of crap, but I sure have noticed a lot of them for sale lately. 4 out of every 5 bikes for sale in my area are harlies.

Harley owners are still convinced that they own the greatest, most expensive machine on the planet, but the prices HAVE to be coming down.

LOL.... the 70's called and want their opinion back. I haven't owned a bike in years; but the stigma of unreliability went out the window in the 80's. The pricing is comparable to a Honda and last I knew HD was owned by Kawasaki.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
The demographic for Harleys in the US is changing. The middle aged buyers who were buying them are now older, selling the used bikes and not buying new bikes due to age. Harley D is focusing on India and electric bikes. It’s a definite buyers market for used.

Reactions: GOHOX69
The demographic for Harleys in the US is changing. The middle aged buyers who were buying them are now older, selling the used bikes and not buying new bikes due to age. Harley D is focusing on India and electric bikes. It’s a definite buyers market for used.
HD has divested and left the Indian market.

Reactions: dekhawk
HD has divested and left the Indian market.

Interesting, I interviewed there a couple years ago , they were struggling as market had changed. At that time India and electric bikes were a focus. They knew the used market was hurting new bike sales and they were considering buying up used bikes to increase values and purchases of new bikes.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Around here, riding off-road vehicles on the road is a big thing. Big, loud side-by-sides with big nasty looking mud tires - cruising along smooth blacktop county roads at 30 mph in a 45 mph zone. The expensive tires get chewed up instantly on the smooth surfaces.

Older folks are trading in their Harlies for side-by-side ATVs. Less dangerous, heat and AC, and they can go out and show off their overpriced toys, rain or shine, all year-round. They are a constant danger to regular traffic, but that doesn't seem to bother anyone.

I would not be caught dead on one of their pieces of crap, but I sure have noticed a lot of them for sale lately. 4 out of every 5 bikes for sale in my area are harlies.

Harley owners are still convinced that they own the greatest, most expensive machine on the planet, but the prices HAVE to be coming down.
Yea the boomers who want to ride are dying out and the millennials sure as hell would not be caught dead on these in the outdoors.

HDs is a dying company.

Adventure bikes seem to be the future. The draw of the old Sportsters was the vibration that occurred in the seat. Women loved riding on the back of those.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT